Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.01 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything sounds quite to me after the installing the 17.01. I use a matrix power amp and a 2x12 evh cab (didnt touch the levels) . All my presets' volume dropped significantly. Did I miss any release note or something?

Everything sounds quite to me after the installing the 17.01. I use a matrix power amp and a 2x12 evh cab (didnt touch the levels) . All my presets' volume dropped significantly. Did I miss any release note or something?
When I installed the last beta, it reset a bunch of system settings to their defaults including the output levels. You might have had inputs 1/2 set to +4 instead of -10 which it defaults to.

I/O > Audio > Output .. Level
Yep that was it. They went back to -10 db. Also now I realise my Behringer FCB1010 midi pedal settings are gone which was a pain in the ass to program. I assume It will we go back to normal with the official release.

Yep that was it. They went back to -10 db. Also now I realise my Behringer FCB1010 midi pedal settings are gone which was a pain in the ass to program. I assume It will we go back to normal with the official release.
Did you perform a system backup before updating? If so, restore it...

System settings are not expected to change during a FW update and any future update would have no idea what settings you had before, so they won't "go back".

Did you perform a system backup before updating? If so, restore it...

System settings are not expected to change during a FW update and any future update would have no idea what settings you had before, so they won't "go back".
I did not just before updating but I have an older backup from 16.05. So I downgraded to that and now the midi pedal works as it suppose to. So the question is how do I translate current midi settings to 17.01?

I did not just before updating but I have an older backup from 16.05. So I downgraded to that and now the midi pedal works as it suppose to. So the question is how do I translate current midi settings to 17.01?
I think you can just go to 17.01 and then restore only the system settings...

Otherwise, I'm not sure.

Cannot get this to load, stops at 2.6% each time.

Yes I redownloaded it twice more, turned everything off and back on.

Are you using standalone FractalBot or the one embedded in Axe-Edit?

If standalone, make sure Axe-Edit is closed, otherwise make sure the standalone FractalBot is closed.

Try a different USB cable and port.

No problems here. After I backed up everything, I updated Axe Edit to the prompted version, then to 1.10.03 from the update thread. Updated Axe last. Not sure if it matters, but after each step, I restart Edit, and make sure it works fine.
USB cable 5m or less? Set Axe to empty preset?

@FractalAudio. Looking at my contributions to the new types in the multitap delay, there are some issues with the the 1210 type. The fitler Q on the individual filters isn't set to the minimum value, which alters the frequency response and makes the tone kinda muddy. The sweep of the chorus isn't wide enough, since I didn't use auto depth when I created my replica. Might be able to just bump up the value to get it more in the ball park.

I also noticed the new parameters related to the diffusion. Sounds much better with them! I plan to do a deep dive tomorrow and see which settings are closed to the actual PCM70.
Where do I find the 1210 type in the Multi Tap Delay Block?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom