Comments on Cooper Carter's FM3 class?

Fat Dad

Inspired
I have the AustinBuddy Live Gold pack and I have done some of my own presets that sound good, but I'd really like to understand the unit better and be able to REEEAAALLLY dive in and make great sounds.

For those of you who have done Cooper Carter's class, do you feel like it did that for you?

Thanks for your help!

I have the AustinBuddy Live Gold pack and I have done some of my own presets that sound good, but I'd really like to understand the unit better and be able to REEEAAALLLY dive in and make great sounds.

For those of you who have done Cooper Carter's class, do you feel like it did that for you?

Thanks for your help!
Long time AF2 and now FM3 user. I have found the CC Master Class very helpful in understanding the full capability of Fractal products and maximizing the utility of the FM3. Lots of preset examples included.

You want to learn more so you can ultimately just go back to using a single preset/amp model and
riding your volume knob on guitar??? ;)

I am so under-utilizing this gear. Mostly because it does the meat and potatoes stuff I use most of
the time so f'ing well!!!

You want to learn more so you can ultimately just go back to using a single preset/amp model and
riding your volume knob on guitar??? ;)

I am so under-utilizing this gear. Mostly because it does the meat and potatoes stuff I use most of
the time so f'ing well!!!
I’m sure I’ll stay in my lane even after haha. But ultimately, my brain is trying to rationalize that knowing what things do will help everything sound better. My theory came from not entirely understanding why there’s a drive and an overdrive knob on some amp models. My desire for instant gratification made this frustrating, so I figured CC’s class might teach me better than blindly reading the manual.

I found it extremely helpful for someone like me, new to Fractal, somewhat new to modeling.

I feel his course paves the way for you to create your own path regarding your sound. It sets the foundations. Then it is up to you.

I’m sure I’ll stay in my lane even after haha. But ultimately, my brain is trying to rationalize that knowing what things do will help everything sound better. My theory came from not entirely understanding why there’s a drive and an overdrive knob on some amp models. My desire for instant gratification made this frustrating, so I figured CC’s class might teach me better than blindly reading the manual.

You haven't read the manual???!!!!

Better hope the old-timers around here don't find out. ;)

If creating functional, great sounding presets is important to you, Cooper will get you there! If you want to understand how Austin Buddy made all those amazing presets, again, Cooper will make it happen.

If creating functional, great sounding presets is important to you, Cooper will get you there! If you want to understand how Austin Buddy made all those amazing presets, again, Cooper will make it happen.
This is also my finding with the addition that Cooper Carter gives you a thorough walk through of all the utility menues in the FM3. I think it's about knowing what you're doing instead of just doing it which in turn will make your way into the FM3 much easier over time.

The Austin Buddy Live Gold + Cooper Carter should be sold as one package :)

Thanks for your help!
I think it's worth every penny. I use it as a reference all the time. I also love the Live Gold pack. Check out Leon Todd too, amazing to watch the deep dive he does to get sounds. Can you imagine those jobs..."what did you do at work today honey?" "Well, I created three new presets..."

Read the manual, play around a bit, and then for sure take the CC class! You have no idea what you don't know! Very well done and extremely informative!

I think it's worth every penny. I use it as a reference all the time. I also love the Live Gold pack. Check out Leon Todd too, amazing to watch the deep dive he does to get sounds. Can you imagine those jobs..."what did you do at work today honey?" "Well, I created three new presets..."
I'm a huge fan of Leon Todd's videos. His videos actually are what inspired me to ask about the class. Leon seems to know so much and can get right in there and make a killer sounding preset seemingly in seconds. I admire his knowledge and that's kind of the goal for me here.

I'm a huge fan of Leon Todd's videos. His videos actually are what inspired me to ask about the class. Leon seems to know so much and can get right in there and make a killer sounding preset seemingly in seconds. I admire his knowledge and that's kind of the goal for me here.
Is there anything more CC offers that Leon doesn't? When I found Leon's Hair Metal video and was able to copy what he did to my FM3 I found myself playing the best tone I've ever heard. I'm selling every other piece of gear I own now. My 5" studio monitors that never sounded good with any modeler now sound better than my 4x12 cabs.

So yeah, does CC teach more than LT if I have learned from LT?

Is there anything more CC offers that Leon doesn't? When I found Leon's Hair Metal video and was able to copy what he did to my FM3 I found myself playing the best tone I've ever heard. I'm selling every other piece of gear I own now. My 5" studio monitors that never sounded good with any modeler now sound better than my 4x12 cabs.

So yeah, does CC teach more than LT if I have learned from LT?
LT is also a great resource, but it may be harder to find what you’re looking for, since topics vary versus the CC course which is a complete online course with a table of contents and links to various topics/chapters. CC also includes presets in each section, so you may apply what you have learned. Also, he updates it as new features emerge. I’m not affiliated with CC, I just enjoyed the course. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom