Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.01 Public Beta #2

Little weird behaviour yesterday:
  • Unit cannot be seen by Fractal bot when trying to update to this version 17.01(b5).
  • Second or third try out, and new firmware updated only up to 2-5%.
  • Rebooted and take me two tries to update. But successful after few tryings.
  • Tuner behaved like if it was pitching two semitones higher. Checked all possible parameters (offset, connections, SPDIF settings in both units, etc). Fixed after Resetting System Parameters and User Cabs.

Specs:
Fractal Axe FXIII MkI, MacBook Pro 2017 i7.
Fractal connected through USB to a CalDigit HUB (Powered) for Fractal Edit.
Fractal to Audio Interface through SPDIF.

All sorted now but it is the first time since purchased I have this kind of problems. Just letting know in case can be helpful in any way. No big deal tho! ;-) Cheers!

So I finally got around to testing the new FullRes IR's, specifically the @York Audio Recto cabs. With headphones, I could play through these things soloed all day and night. It's a super guttural and authoritative sound when coupled with Recto 2 Red Modern that I haven't been able to get before. These kinds of tones make life worth living, IMO (amongst countless other things but you know what I mean). Might post some clips tomorrow. But yeah...FullRes feels like the final frontier in amp modeling.
I was playing on my preset using the same FullRes IRs as you, and I swear, I took my headphones off no less than two times while playing, to confirm my monitors didn’t accidentally get turned on! No shit! It was the first time I’ve ever had my headphones, sound so immersive It totally blew me away!
Lee

Here's a little test of the Megatap "Gated Verb" effect type on a kick and snare. You'll hear it on the second repeat.

With some guitar and bass (FAS Brootalz at Stock settings on guitar, factory preset 103 for bass).

With only sound, I make the mimic faces myself when I hear your guitar tunes 😁

Sounds great!

I just love these updates Cliff. Thank you! Here's a little dark number I put together with some of the new reverb algorithms. All you need to do is play one staccato note in each Scene. The machine will do the rest. I'll make a vid tomorrow if I get a sec.

and ....http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9186

Attachments

• BadBots.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 52
I get crackling noise in the tails of the new "Zephyr" and the "Diffused Delay".
I think similiar things have been stated here before.

e: This happens also with the "Megaverb" in the Megatap Block.

I'm getting the same with any of the "bigger" reverbs. Normal delay block seemed unaffected. Ended up rolling back to 17.00 for the time being, but the new stuff sounded great. Excited to see the stable release.

Updated to 17.02 .The Reverbs, all types, now have random clicks and pops when time above 1 sec. Any ideas? UPDATE:: Went back to 17.01.5 and unistalled the new usb drivers that I downloaded. now everything is fine don't know which was the culprit ,but now works fine.

Last edited:
The new reverbs/ delays are mad

Everything works fine here (Mk1)

I have tried the full res 🤔, not for me I think .

Thank you very much for these new additions

Can we have the list of the new reverb/delay and details about them ?

I think I have recognized most of them but sometimes I don’t really know the main difference between 2 constellations 😅

No cracks no bugs till now

Here's a little test of the Megatap "Gated Verb" effect type on a kick and snare. You'll hear it on the second repeat.

Curious on what the effect of adding FullRes to these drums would be? I had some programmed drums once that a mastering guy said didn’t sound right. When I told him they were programmed he said, ah, that’s it (so we got a session drummer for the studio after that). If FullRes can help add some of that missing mojo that could be an interesting application.

Came across an odd bug that may be associated with SPDIF. WHen I boot, all of the outputs redline on a patch that I use SPDIF for. Also the SPDIF device receives a redline signal. If I boot to a factory patch, all is good, however if I load up my user patch it will redline until I reboot the machine under a factory patch. For what it’s worth, the user patch works in 17.0.

Came across an odd bug that may be associated with SPDIF. WHen I boot, all of the outputs redline on a patch that I use SPDIF for. Also the SPDIF device receives a redline signal. If I boot to a factory patch, all is good, however if I load up my user patch it will redline until I reboot the machine under a factory patch. For what it’s worth, the user patch works in 17.0.
What's Rule #1?

Back
Top Bottom