Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.01 Public Beta

I'm holding off for a bit on the upgrade until I have a good window in the gig calendar, but I want to give a hearty thanks Cliff and the FAS team for finding a way for us Mk 1 owners to get a good taste of the FullRes IRs. As always, this little black box delivers so much more than bargained for!

I have a possible bug with the Chorus block, creating clicking audio artifacts.
I have isolated the issue, with just an input, chorus, output block (preset attached), on a Mk 1 with 17.01 beta 4 and latest AxeEdit 1.10.02.
If clicking does not start right away, it will appear while switching through different types of the effect. It seems to happen mostly with the warm stereo type, but remains after that. Hope this helps
Confirmed. MK1, 17.01 Beta and Axe Edit 1.10.02
I have the clicking on all channels and all types.

I backed up and took the plunge today...WOW! This is the best sounding rig I've ever played. I did have a few hiccups (lockups) when the CPU was approaching max. I removed a few blocks from the patch and all was well. I really appreciate the new tech in this version. Thanks!

Did my first gig with the III mk1 yesterday through Ellis speakers. Best sound I have ever had, by far. Didn't expect the fullres on my mk1 and didn't crave them either, but I'll try them ofcourse.
Still having trouble updating, I need to figure that out first.
That pitch reverb is going to get a lot of use

Never did I own any product that had so much substantial and free upgrades. Thank you, Cliff

....That pitch reverb is going to get a lot of use
I'm not usually one for playing around with ambient type patches, but I've spend the last few hours messing with the new reverb pitch and I've had an absolute blast. It's amazing, you get reverb, delay, and pitch shifts all from one block. AND, if you just hit an open E with this patch, wait for it to resolve, and you get the closest thing to a church organ I've ever heard from a guitar, without using a synth block. Great fun. :)

Attachments

• Church of Madness.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 25
@Cliff: Awesome Job!! Best decision in my life to buy the AxeFXIIIMK2 :)
But i got an issue, maybe a bug?
Recording Guitar in Cubase i am using the routing [In USB] - [Out 4] . It is for rehersal the recorded stuff with other instruments. I am using the out 2 for Guitar without effects.
After upgrading to 17.01 Beta 4, i cant use USB to Out4, because the signal is on Mono. (R Channel) and playing Guitar and hearing via Out1 and raising up the level Knob (Out4) i can hear Guitar without Cabinet Processing on one Channel. (Before Firmware upgrade, nothing came out during Playing Guitar)
I tried it with Out2 and Out1. The same result...
Maybe it is a bug?

I reinstalled the Firmware and i tried the newest Windows Driver. (i had to to to back to 5.12 because Windows found AxeFX in DFU Mode without any connection to Axe-Edit!) Nothing changed.
Here is one of my Preset Layout, which is not working like before:

View attachment 89930

And with another Preset it is working like before:
View attachment 89931

This is the only one, that is still working like before! And i don´t know why!!
During Playing Guitar, there is no Signal at Out4! Only if i activate it with Cubase for rehersal my recordings.

Greetings from Germany
Soundtank
  • I'm having the same issue on a Mark 1 using 17.01 Beta 4 with a Mac. No left side sound when going In USB to Out 4. Went back to 17.00 and it works fine.

I'm not usually one for playing around with ambient type patches, but I've spend the last few hours messing with the new reverb pitch and I've had an absolute blast. It's amazing, you get reverb, delay, and pitch shifts all from one block. AND, if you just hit an open E with this patch, wait for it to resolve, and you get the closest thing to a church organ I've ever heard from a guitar, without using a synth block. Great fun. :)
That is wild. You can put this amazing lower octave drone that's washed out in reverb underneath your main playing. This has a very Galaxy 500-esque feel and sound to it. Or Mazzy Star. Wild.

That base tone is superb as well. Factory preset?

I feel like this would make Daniel Lanois happy, no? Anyhow, I paid for Soundcloud premium so I might as well use all this space, right? Thanks for the preset. Here's a super quick clip with it slightly adjusted so there's no high repeats.

Love it!

These are the only adjustments I made:

Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 4.29.42 PM.png

Last edited:
  • I'm having the same issue on a Mark 1 using 17.01 Beta 4 with a Mac. No left side sound when going In USB to Out 4. Went back to 17.00 and it works fine.

I had some issues with my vocal mic in INP4 coming out of the USB block onto the grid earlier. Didnt save the patch before I changed the routing though.

@FractalAudio would it be possible to get level setting controls for Shift 1 and Shift 2 in the reverb block? So I can have a lot more of one shift than the other? Potentially even none of one of the shifts?
this would be great. i like the Type that has the Octave Up and Down, but i need less Octave Down due to the weight of low frequencies, for example. it'd be nice to dial it back like 6dB or so.

@FractalAudio would it be possible to get level setting controls for Shift 1 and Shift 2 in the reverb block? So I can have a lot more of one shift than the other? Potentially even none of one of the shifts?
+1 for this. As alluded to, even on just one of the shifts would do the trick since there's a mix parameter.

This is an incredible feature with lots of possibilities. Those who want more pitch blocks might be able to come up with some really cool workarounds.

That is wild. You can put this amazing lower octave drone that's washed out in reverb underneath your main playing. This has a very Galaxy 500-esque feel and sound to it. Or Mazzy Star. Wild.

That base tone is superb as well. Factory preset?

I feel like this would make Daniel Lanois happy, no? Anyhow, I paid for Soundcloud premium so I might as well use all this space, right? Thanks for the preset. Here's a super quick clip with it slightly adjusted so there's no high repeats.

Love it!

These are the only adjustments I made:

View attachment 90002

Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for posting the example, nice clip.

Back
Top Bottom