Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.01 Public Beta

Updating is stuck for me at 21%. Never happened before.
Edit: resolved.

Last edited:
The new shimmer reverb types are outstanding. Best shimmer reverbs I've heard yet. As good as, if not better, than Kemper's 'Ionosphere' reverb. which I used all the time. Thanks for the FullRes IRs for us mk1 users, too. They sound great. Headphones sound even better now!

Anyone else having issues with a Mk1 and the latest FractalBot while updating to the beta? Backups fail first with the checkbox to save system settings/FC etc saying saving memory is only avail for firmware greater than 1.09. I uncheck that and it sits at 1% to back up.

I decided to skip backup (yeah living risky) and the upload keeps aborting after about 1.1%.

Anyone else having issues with a Mk1 and the latest FractalBot while updating to the beta? Backups fail first with the checkbox to save system settings/FC etc saying saving memory is only avail for firmware greater than 1.09. I uncheck that and it sits at 1% to back up.

I decided to skip backup (yeah living risky) and the upload keeps aborting after about 1.1%.
Do you have a high CPU preset loaded? Switch to an empty preset and try again.

Im getting a weird effect where if I only have IR slots 3 (panned L) with the Brit Gb L Room and 4 (panned R) with the Brit Gb R Room - I get a stereo room image as expected. If I then switch on slot 1 or 2 with a central panned IR - I only get a room effect reflections in the Right headphone - the left doesnt appear to have any room in it. Will investigate further.

UPDATE AxeFx locked up and I rebooted and also updated AxeEdit - now cant recreate the issue.

Last edited:
Can anyone comment on the CPU usage? I had to revert to 16.xx due to a few of my most used presets giving the Warning on 17.

Really looking forward to upgrading back though.

Updated to Beta, no prob. But - on my presets it almost immediately pegs Out 1 and 2 (but no output volume). Have to reboot the unit to fix.

Seems to work fine on Factory presets, and my presets where I don't have the MultiPlex? I can use new Axe Edit, change presets, delete Multiplex and reboot, and then that preset works fine. Example preset attached. Not sure that is it, but seems to be the common element...

Attachments

• 17p01b Bug.jpg
    17p01b Bug.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Drive BRIGHT Trem2 BUG.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
I first had on a moderate CPU preset but this even happens on an empty slot.
Bad .syx file? Maybe try re-downloading the firmware zip again.

You could try the emergency boot loader as well. Hold down the page left and page right buttons while powering up to get to it and then try updating again from Fractal Bot.

Back
Top Bottom