Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00

I might have found a bug, not sure because it might be user error. Double tapping Home does bring me to the grid, but double tapping Edit brings me to the Type page for whatever block is highlighted, instead of to the previous block. But does “previous block” mean “the block to the left of the highlighted block” or something else altogether? Example - if the REV1 block is highlighted, if I double tap Edit, it brings me to the list of reverb choices, instead of going to DLY1 block, which is what I expected.

I might have found a bug, not sure because it might be user error. Double tapping Home does bring me to the grid, but double tapping Edit brings me to the Type page for whatever block is highlighted, instead of to the previous block. But does “previous block” mean “the block to the left of the highlighted block” or something else altogether? Example - if the REV1 block is highlighted, if I double tap Edit, it brings me to the list of reverb choices, instead of going to DLY1 block, which is what I expected.
Double-tap Edit while editing a block edits the previous block. Not while in the grid.

The previous block I was in, or the block to the left of the one that I'm currently in? Not sure what "previous" means in this context.
While in an Edit page on hardware, pressing Edit once has always taken you to the next block on the grid (left to right, up to down).

Now double pressing instead of single pressing takes you to the previous block in the grid - the opposite of what I described above.

What about staying in the store button and push it twice or 3 times (if you want) when you want to save your latest tweak ?
My finger hurts when I need to change button to press « yes » 😅.

I haven't seen any indication that the re-introduced Buttery model was changed from what it was before...

Curious if you know which model of Budda he had?
I'm not sure now, I think it was a 2x12 combo amp. It wasn't my cup of tea, so I didn't really pay much attention.

I finally updated to FW17 today and played around with the FullRes IRs from York Audio. I loaded up the Engl Savage 2, made my usual tweaks, then loaded up the YA Recto Room FullRes IRs. My first reaction was, "Well this is underwhelming." I've become very accustomed to the close-mic'd sound of your typical IR. I like that sound. These IRs sounded distant and dull, and I didn't like them.

Then I remembered a comment from Cliff (I'm pretty sure it was Cliff) that these work well when blended with close-mic'd IRs. I brought up another IR Player block, put the two in parallel, pulled my favorite YA Trad 412 IR in one, dropped the volume on the FullRes Room IRs to -18dB each in the other, and there it was. Just that extra bit of space was quite nice.

Then I made scenes for the AC20 12AX7 Treble and BE100 V2 with the Vox 212 and Greenback 412 YA FullRes IRs, respectively, using a similar balance. I think these worked better. Off the bat, I'm liking the FullRes stuff with no-, low-, and mid-gain tones more than I am with high-gain tones.

It may just be my room, as I just reorganized my whole space, but I also find the FullRes IRs to be a bit woofy. The high-gain tones definitely needed the Andy Sneap MBC trick, and the AC20 and BE100 tones benefited from it as well.

All told, I think this is a pretty cool technology that will require a bit more digging on my part to find my likings. Great job, @FractalAudio.

I finally updated to FW17 today and played around with the FullRes IRs from York Audio. I loaded up the Engl Savage 2, made my usual tweaks, then loaded up the YA Recto Room FullRes IRs. My first reaction was, "Well this is underwhelming." I've become very accustomed to the close-mic'd sound of your typical IR. I like that sound. These IRs sounded distant and dull, and I didn't like them.

Then I remembered a comment from Cliff (I'm pretty sure it was Cliff) that these work well when blended with close-mic'd IRs. I brought up another IR Player block, put the two in parallel, pulled my favorite YA Trad 412 IR in one, dropped the volume on the FullRes Room IRs to -18dB each in the other, and there it was. Just that extra bit of space was quite nice.

Then I made scenes for the AC20 12AX7 Treble and BE100 V2 with the Vox 212 and Greenback 412 YA FullRes IRs, respectively, using a similar balance. I think these worked better. Off the bat, I'm liking the FullRes stuff with no-, low-, and mid-gain tones more than I am with high-gain tones.

It may just be my room, as I just reorganized my whole space, but I also find the FullRes IRs to be a bit woofy. The high-gain tones definitely needed the Andy Sneap MBC trick, and the AC20 and BE100 tones benefited from it as well.

All told, I think this is a pretty cool technology that will require a bit more digging on my part to find my likings. Great job, @FractalAudio.
There not intended to be used alone. They're intended to be mixed in slightly.

Just discovered auto-wah not working with firmware 17 - is that a known issue?

Auto-wah for me = LFO on Control of Wah block.

I made no changes to presets where I'm using this, but not wah'ing anymore.

Back
Top Bottom