Using Full Res IR's

DaveP

Inspired
I'm sure this was answered but rather than read through 50 pages to find it.....
How do you use the FR IR's?
Do you use them with a regular cab and use the FR in slots 3/4 L/R to create ambience?
On their own they don't sound good unless mixed with a regular IR.
Am I missing something?

Suggestion: Add a second CAB block in parallel to your regular CAB, and use that one for the Room FullRes IR.

The advantage is that you have easier control over how much room you want to add (using the CAB2 Level), and you can easily bypass that block to cancel the effect

1633686456913.png

So you blend them with a regular IR hence the reason some suggest -12db?
I didn't read that suggestion, but now I notice that my setting is at -11.9 (I adjusted it by ear, not by the number), so it seems to be a good value

Another detail: experiment with the distance of the Room FullRes IRs (you may need to set the Zoom button to ON to view the graph) Keep the main CAB at zero, and delay the Room IRs

What's your CPU load? FullRes IRs add about 12% CPU each when active (probably less if you're rockin' the Turbo).

That looks like a pretty full preset, so it's probably going over the CPU limit when you unmute the cabs.

What's your CPU load? FullRes IRs add about 12% CPU each when active (probably less if you're rockin' the Turbo).

That looks like a pretty full preset, so it's probably going over the CPU limit when you unmute the cabs.
80%. Turbo model.
I thought that too and deleted several blocks. Same noise. I'm going to get it down to amp and cab later and see what happens.

Last edited:
I got the same noise when I added 2 cab block and used FR in both L/R. I noticed the CPU at 80%
If I disengaged the FR on the second block it was fine. (I have a Turbo)
I took it as a limitation that you cannot use 2 cab blocks running stereo FR cabs

I got the same noise when I added 2 cab block and used FR in both L/R. I noticed the CPU at 80%
If I disengaged the FR on the second block it was fine. (I have a Turbo)
I took it as a limitation that you cannot use 2 cab blocks running stereo FR cabs
You can use them in two Cab blocks. I just did it with the MKI using all of the Scratchpad slots in both Cabs(4 FullRes IR's total). Granted, the only thing I could put on the grid (without hitting the absolute CPU limit) was an Amp block and both Cab blocks, but it worked.

Back
Top Bottom