“Jesus, is there anything you people don’t bitch about”

People just don't know how to handle changes.

The Axe Fx III was so advanced and so much better than literally anything else on the market when it came out that we felt like it was the be-all/end-all. Now, in just the last year and change, we've seen the FM3, FM9, Axe Fx III Mk. II, and now the Mk II Turbo. And, with the Mk. II and Mk II Turbo, this is the fist time we're seeing features that will simply not be brought to the Axe Fx III Mk. I. It's basically leaving us OG Axe III owners in the dust (psychologically, anyway). Even though our OG Axe III's are still better than just about anything on the market, and still getting better with every update (with no foreseeable end to updates), it feels like they're 3 generations behind.

It's a curious feeling. I'm still happy with my OG Axe III, but I'm definitely getting that itch to upgrade - even though my needs have not changed lol.

My father - who passed away recently - was born in 1933 in the eastern part of Germany.

Cheers to your dad and your family today @Keybi ! Thanks for your sentiments and commitment to knowing your history to prepare for "hard times" which I feel is inevitable at this point in society :oops:

Check this out. No, seriously, check this out:
wow.

Olov: It was very interesting discovery.

Robert: It's a little odd, actually. Here's what Olov says he found in the data. If you were a boy in Överkalix between the ages of 9 and 12 years old, that's the window. 9 to 12, you're a boy, and then we have one of those terribly rough winters, and you're eating much less than normal. Assuming you can survive the ordeal and you grow up and you have kids of your own, the data seems to say that your kids will benefit from your suffering.

Olov: Yes.
Robert: They'll do better?
Sam: If you have a starving daddy, it turns out that the baby actually gets some health benefit.
Robert: Really?
Olov: Yes.
Sam: These effects, in fact, were so strong that you could trace it to the grandfather.

Fascinating stuff, thanks for sharing M@!

Last edited:
In 2021 You buy axe fx III because its the best amp modeller. Says who?? says this, 259 good amps + FXs.

Let me tell you kids.. if it's all sounds good now, it'll sound good forever.

And.... no need recap. and repair no tube changing. etc..

Dont despair and worry, it's not like guitar tech is not like iphone jumping from 2g to 5g. and shut down the 2 g network. Your AXE FX III MK I chugnus will still chug 20 years later and the guitar jack will always the same jack and cable. and it will sound Awesome. even though it could be AXE FX 20 MK X, with 2500 more modeled amps and a lot of bell and whistle with 56 inch touch screen voice command with AI modelling just says you want to sound like slash in AFD, it will auto modell the sound for you. and it could even scold you for you bad playing because you blame it for not sound the same. but current situation AXE FX vs real amp, my ear have a hard time to tell which is which in a blind fold test. until i can figure out, maybe i upgrade to AXE FX 8 mk X later. 🤘

Cliff, and fellow Fractal lovers, a good friend of mine told me about Fractal Audio many months ago. I kind of blew him off because I thought I didn't need equipment like this. One day he shows up at my house with his FM3 and say's, "borrow this for awhile."

I have been playing guitar since 1988. I am a one man band. I write, record, mix, master, etc. I have been doing this since the early 90's on a Tascam 4 track which I still have. Present day, Cakewalk and Wavelab.

Within 2 weeks of borrowing the FM3, I wrote 3 and a half songs of genres that I have never thought about writing in or recording. Amazing piece of creative equipment to say the least. I purchased my own and gave his back.

I continue to be inspired with the FM3. It is by far the best money I have spent on a piece of audio equipment. I for one have absolutely 0 complaints and thank you for creating such an incredible product.

By the way, I am glad I was able to get my hands on one before they were recently backordered!!!

^^ Yeah, some people need to remember this, maybe be brought back down to earth a bit. ;)

I'm enjoying my III so much, just using headphones, that I still haven't finished Cooper's class, haven't built speaker cabs for the 2 F12-X200 Celestion's I bought, still haven't hooked up my FC-12 or EV-1, and still haven't felt the need to create any of my own presets. The tones this thing gets, and the playability & sheer awesomeness of my Majesty inspire me to play for literally hours every.single.day!

👍 Heard that story (actually a longer version looking at other aspects - I'll try to find it.). Good stuff.

IRRC it's double-edged because the epi-genetic adaptations might be less suited (mal-adaptive) to the situation of the offspring thus causing health problems.

I think this also jives with research that trauma (or adaptations to it) can also be passed down a few generations through the same mechanism. I used to think this was BS and that intergenerational trauma/abuse was purely learned. But the line between conditioning ("nurture") and genetic conditioning ("nature") is perhaps more blurry than the orthodox "descent with (random) modification" idea.

Thanks! Great show. Listening now. :)

So this is "The sins of the father being visited upon their children" type stuff here. Wow.

Kind of interesting that the inverse is also true---and how comfort and indulgence
for boys between 9 and 12 is parlayed into the future as a debt for grandchildren to
pay with increased risk of diabetes and heart disease.

Is it as simple as that in lean times the genetic mutations are to foster a stouter genetic stream to ensure
preservation, and in fat times the genetic mutations are to foster and encourage a more tenuous genetic
inheritance so as to sort of cull the herd???

My new mantra CTH: Cull the Herd!

It's okay when 'nature' does it but not so much when humans do it to each other. Then again, it seems to be in our DNA, so....

I don't come here often due to the whining. Only here to check on where things to be progressing on the FM9 waitlist but saw the subject and had to stop in. I can't believe the amount of whining and complaining on this forum.

Back
Top Bottom