“Jesus, is there anything you people don’t bitch about”

It's society today. We're all spoiled. We want instant gratification and we usually get it. When we don't get it we feel like we're being cheated.

I think society was better when life was harder. I grew up with nothing. Most of us did. I remember one of the best "toys" we ever got was the huge cardboard box the refrigerator came in. We spent hours in that thing pretending it was a spaceship. We would spend hours playing baseball with a worn out ball or walk along the railroad tracks looking for smushed pennies we left the day before. We didn't have any fancy electronics or social media or much of anything. We ate government issued cheese and powdered milk. And yet we were happy.

I really think social media was one of the worst things to happen to society. It had the power to be a useful tool but that power has been abused in the name of greed. People's brains are being rewired intentionally to addict them to it so they can generate more advertising revenue. People are accustomed to getting hundreds of little dopamine hits every day and it's made them irrational and demanding. Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey will go down in history as two of the most evil pricks the world has ever seen (Sheryl Sandberg will be right behind them at the gates of hell).
Cliff i still remember when you presented the Axe for the first time (that i'm aware of, of course); it was on "Huge Racks", and we were thinking "who's this alien ? what is he talking about ?"

look what you have accomplished;
spoiled brats are just that, spoiled brats.

Maybe continuing to talk about this « drama » feed the drama.
Nothings special guys. Axe 3 cost is 2 months of works here. Most of musicians are not rich that’s all … (and I’m not the one crying) but if we can talk about real points , like : can we make Americ.. great again oh no axe edit sorry, and what are the details of the improvement in the pitch block for example .
That’s normal to cry when you got no money . But that’s just internet speak hm, I am happy with my Mk1. I have played the justice for all loud this morning and it’s was great !

I actually said that, and still haven't updated past 16.4. I think you may be getting people mixed up.
I was not talking to you specifically. I've already had very positive conversations with you in the past on one of my posts. I was talking about the overall negativity within other posts.

It would be a shame if the next big thing is delayed or cancelled because the backlash and childlike crying.
I got a Mark II right after they announced them, and got one before the price increase, so I counted myself fortunate. Now, with the Turbo model, I've thought about it and don't see the benefit for me personally.

That said, I would probably be a little upset if I had just gotten a Mk II when this news broke. There is a certain percentage of people on this forum who cannot stand any criticism of Fractal. I think it is helpful for a company to hear both the positive AND the negative from their customers. Now trolling is something different entirely. But nobody wants to be left behind when new features come out. Let's face it, the Axe III isn't THAT old. Those buyers shouldn't be made to feel marginalized. I'm not saying that's what Cliff is doing, but some people probably feel that way.

I was not talking to you specifically. I've already had very positive conversations with you in the past on one of my posts. I was talking about the overall negativity within other posts.
I just thought you were kind of linking the two together. I knew you weren't speaking to me specifically. I guess just using my comments as an example to point out that I didn't think people who had said the sort of thing I did were the ones complaining, if that makes sense.

Seems to me the complaints are varying degrees of, how long should a piece of gear such as this remain state of the art, before another version takes that crown? I suppose everyone would draw that line at a different place.

The problem, I think, is exactly what Cliff nailed: social media has trained people to want constant, instant dopamine hits. This is not an accident; I understand that Facebook actually hired (corrupt, evil) psychologists to help achieve this abuse of the limbic system. It’s not that people even WANT the features they are missing out on… it’s that they’re experiencing withdrawal from that dopamine cycle. I am positive that it is not due to hitting the limits of what the axe can do - I doubt more than a few of us even understand more than 10% of what it is capable of. (I feel like a caveman using a ray gun to light camp fires most of the time.)

I will admit I get a huge dopamine rush whenever there’s a new firmware- I’m only human. But since Cygnus I haven’t felt the desire to update, it’s so good and I have the sound (four, to be exact) that I wanted.

Many people who use digital gear complain as soon as the hardware and software is upgraded, as if that upgrade immediately renders their products obsolete.

Many people who use analog gear complain if their version isn't the absolute first version of a given item, as if any future revisions simply sound worse, no matter what.

In short, many people look for reasons to complain.

I got a Mark II right after they announced them, and got one before the price increase, so I counted myself fortunate. Now, with the Turbo model, I've thought about it and don't see the benefit for me personally.

Lucky you! Better to be a Satisfied Frog than a Horny Toad. (BTW, those are/were the names of a couple of competing restaurants in Cave Creek, AZ. There's an amusing story there.)

That said, I would probably be a little upset if I had just gotten a Mk II when this news broke.

I got lucky. Less than week later, I'd have to sell my new Mk2 to get the Turbo, and someone would've got a deal on a Mk2.... The 25% extra processor speed will help around these parts. I like a wide, open field of possibilities where the only limitation is the knot of cobwebs between my ears.... :)

I really think social media was one of the worst things to happen to society. It had the power to be a useful tool but that power has been abused in the name of greed. People's brains are being rewired intentionally to addict them to it so they can generate more advertising revenue. People are accustomed to getting hundreds of little dopamine hits every day and it's made them irrational and demanding. Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey will go down in history as two of the most evil pricks the world has ever seen (Sheryl Sandberg will be right behind them at the gates of hell).
This, a thousand times.

And this song comes to mind:

Back
Top Bottom