AXE-FX III took away the appetite to go to guitar shops

km 202257

Inspired
Much is already discussed in the wonderful reviews here how great AXE-FX III is, so one thing I can add as a compliment is: AXE-FX III took away from me the appetite to go to guitar shops.

My weekend hobby used to be hanging around guitar shops, spending 3 hours on watching/trying the gears that I would end up not buying.
After I got an AXE-FX, in front of guitar shops, I find myself not having appetite to go into. I walk away, satisfied with myself saving time for the wonderful journey with my AXE at home. Then I find myself in front of my AXE for 6 hours.

Much is already discussed in the wonderful reviews here how great AXE-FX III is, so one thing I can add as a compliment is: AXE-FX III took away from me the appetite to go to guitar shops.

My weekend hobby used to be hanging around guitar shops, spending 3 hours on watching/trying the gears that I would end up not buying.
After I got an AXE-FX, in front of guitar shops, I find myself not having appetite to go into. I walk away, satisfied with myself saving time for the wonderful journey with my AXE at home. Then I find myself in front of my AXE for 6 hours.
Whats a guitar shop? 😂😂

It started with the AX8 for me.
No more GAS just playin.......

Going to Guitar Center on a Saturday morning when the wanna-be rockstars were playing their version of Stairway To Heaven, Smoke on the Water, or their version of anything by AC/DC, did it for me.
It sounded like some Free Jazz I heard once except the Free Jazz recordings had people that could actually play their instruments.

I don't go much - sometimes just for strings, or to let my granddaughter hammer on the drums for a while - no amps/fx interest me (I have tonnes in Axefx) + I'm a lefty so I saw the dusty lefty guitar they have in the corner when I visited last year (and the year before).

I used to spend most of my time in the amp and effect pedal sections of the forums I frequent. I now rarely visit the amp sections and haven’t been in the pedal sections in probably 2 years or more.
I can honestly say my GAS has been cured when it comes to amps and pedals.
Guitars on the other hand 🤤

Tell me about it!
:le sigh:

Just this year, after a couple years of "I don't want any more guitars":

20210401_204440.jpg

IMG_20210925_183209.jpg

0801212334a.jpg

0813212335.jpg

IMG_20210910_183637.jpg

I can relate. I had been obsessed with pedals for years. I've bought and sold a ton of them. I used to spend a lot of my free time researching pedals, hunting down bargains, tweaking with pedals. As soon as I got my FM9 the pedal urge has vanished. It's weird but freeing at the same time. Now I can spend that time doing more productive things, like practicing.

I can relate. I had been obsessed with pedals for years. I've bought and sold a ton of them. I used to spend a lot of my free time researching pedals, hunting down bargains, tweaking with pedals. As soon as I got my FM9 the pedal urge has vanished. It's weird but freeing at the same time. Now I can spend that time doing more productive things, like practicing.
Yeah, that's what I thought, too.

Then other things started accumulating....
IMG_20210830_195723.jpg

Yeah, I remember when music stores drew me like a moth to a flame. These days? I've generally got better stuff at home than I see in the stores. That's a bittersweet feeling.
Yeah, there aren’t guitars or amps at most stores I’m Jonesing over. Yeah there are more expensive guitars by Gibson, PRS, Fender etc. But they aren’t really better than what I have and don’t suit me as much…

Back
Top Bottom