Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00

Good Lord. I'm a Mk1 owner, and really disappointed I can't store the new IR's on this unit. But seeing some of the sense of entitlement on this thread is even more disappointing. We get regular, free updates that are substantial improvements. Let's not let that pattern of generosity turn us into people who just expect it forever.

Now, maybe shift to discussing the firmware update and away from whining?

For upset Mark I owners, here's how I see it. Yes, my initial reaction was "Rgh!" when I learned I wouldn't be getting a new feature, but after a bit of processing the info, it's really not that big of a deal. Sure, it'd be nice to swap out components and upgrade my Mark I on my own (similar to, say, the SSD on the PS5), but I understand that this would add too many variables for a company. Sure, I want the latest and greatest, but this is a piece of tech, and tech gets old. It's just the way it is. The III is still my favorite piece of gear, and it does everything I want it to do at the moment. Eventually Fractal will release a new version of the Axe Fx that'll make it a must-have for me, and I'll buy it then and relish the moment of having the latest and greatest version of it. Till then, keep shreddin'.

Therefore, you should carefully consider whether to buy anything new from Fractal at all. After all, it may not work with the new software in a moment.
Now we have FX III Mark I, Mark II, Mark II Turbo, and maybe in a week's time there will be Mark II Turbo Extra?
It was similar with FM3. First without a headphone output, then a version with a headphone output.
I wonder what awaits those who have just bought FM9?
IMHO does not build trust in this manufacturer.
Either:

A. You have a seriously skewed idea about how technology products work, and are ignorant of Fractal's track record of supporting their hardware (not to mention the numerous statements Cliff's made on this topic), or

B. You're trolling.

Don't buy a new car, right? Because there could be another model next year!!!! God forbid you still drive an older vehicle when a newer one has obviously made yours obsolete.

Can't trust those car manufacturers. Don't waste your money /s

Gimme a f**kin break

(Normally I try to be a bit more diplomatic but my patience for this kind of crap is wearing thin).

Jesus Christ, this thread turned into a drama! I feel emotionally violated just reading it.

Can't wait for a sequel or should that be "Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.01"

Either:

A. You have a seriously skewed idea about how technology products work, and are ignorant of Fractal's track record of supporting their hardware (not to mention the numerous statements Cliff's made on this topic), or

B. You're trolling.

Don't buy a new car, right? Because there could be another model next year!!!! God forbid you still drive an older vehicle when a newer one has obviously made yours obsolete.

Can't trust those car manufacturers. Don't waste your money /s

Gimme a f**kin break

(Normally I try to be a bit more diplomatic but my patience for this kind of crap is wearing thin).
Just something .

The 3 they sold me was a looooooot more powerful than the 2 and I believed to have updates for years and years with it . I was told that there is a looooot of space for further update . Just in one year , there are already 2 others version and we see already a limit . I am not saying that we will have no updates anymore hm, but we see already a limit.

It’s sad to have some lag in axe edit for this ir thing that I don’t care at all .
All this mess for a feature 🙄. Who asked this ? I see millions of wish in the wish list but no talking about longer irs .

People want new amps and pedals, profiling too …
I understand that some person feel fooled whatever you say about progress and whatever. Yes iPhone do that bla-bla-bla , but why do it too ?
I wont sold my Mk1 but please don’t make it lag . I prefer 100 times to forget this ir thing and have a smooth unit .
I hope it’s possible to fix it … if not, that’s not cool cause I like the maxon and don’t want to go back and losing it .

Last edited:
I noticed with this FW when you click the tuner button in Axe-edit it will load the Reverb Block Type page on the hardware. Has anyone else seen this? I have the MK1 and using Axe-Edit 1.10.00.
Yes, or at least it shows the the type of reverb. It also doesn't mute the sound which I have it set to do. Though if I select the tuner on the hardware it does then mute.

Just something .

The 3 they sold me was a looooooot more powerful than the 2 and I believed to have updates for years and years with it . I was told that there is a looooot of space for further update . Just in one year , there are already 2 others version and we see already a limit . I am not saying that we will have no updates anymore hm, but we see already a limit.

It’s sad to have some lag in axe edit for this ir thing that I don’t care at all .
All this mess for a feature 🙄. Who asked this ? I see millions of wish in the wish list but no talking about longer irs .

People want new amps and pedals, profiling too …
I understand that some person feel fooled whatever you say about progress and whatever. Yes iPhone do that bla-bla-bla , but why do it too ?
I wont sold my Mk1 but please don’t make it lag . I prefer 100 times to forget this ir thing and have a smooth unit .
I hope it’s possible to fix it … if not, that’s not cool cause I like the maxon and don’t want to go back and losing it .

The problem could also be unrelated to the FullRes IRs, it could also be "Improved scene switching to prevent signal “leaking” into bypassed blocks" that causes hickups with Axe edit or the rewritten cab management code. I am sure Cliff will provide a fix for this soon as he seems to work 24/7 and often releases things on sundays etc. ;)

I actually like this forum to give direct feedback and being early on new features. The fact that we even have a wishlist is just great.
But all these negative comments since the release of the Turbo made me thinking of leaving. I find that very annoying. There's a difference between contructive criticism and just being an offended child, because there is a new toy ... I don't mean to offend anyone, but also I don't care.

Thanks Cliff and Team for the updates and the effort in making FullRes even possible on the Mk1.

PS: I mentioned it before, but ... the Maxon OD808 + Buttery is my new favorite for a fat rock tone ... I love it!

The problem could also be unrelated to the FullRes IRs, it could also be "Improved scene switching to prevent signal “leaking” into bypassed blocks" that causes hickups with Axe edit or the rewritten cab management code. I am sure Cliff will provide a fix for this soon as he seems to work 24/7 and often releases things on sundays etc. ;)
I hope .
It’s rare that they let problems. This thing is new so they need time to fix it. Then it’s not a huge problem. iPhone too like to do updates that slow your phone 😅. I prefer to not have updates anymore in this case .

Of course. But when I bought the Ax FXIII Mark I with 1.10 firmware, I was not at all satisfied. Now (firmware 16) this equipment sounds professional. And I appreciate it very much. It is a pity that, as you can see, it will not get better. And this is only 2 years after the purchase.
The problem is, is it worth buying something from Fractal in the future?
You're saying it got better from FW10 to FW16, but it's a pity that it will not get any better.

What are you basing this on?

Hi Team , Seems the tunner in the the AXE-Edit lost the mute function but from AXE FX3 side works . Are you facing this issue too ?

Fractal: NOTE: The FullRes User IR bank is only available on the Axe-Fx III Mark II. The original Axe-Fx III has less non-volatile memory and therefore does not have the necessary resources to store the IRs. The Scratchpad bank supports FullRes IRs but the data will be lost when the unit is powered off.
I'm not interested in: turbo, colored logo, different display, more presets. But no features: The FullRes User IR bank, worries me. That's all.
Was this an issue for you when you purchased your FX3? I really don't get how something that was just released in the past week deals a crushing blow to something developed 3 years ago.

Just a thougth : if mark 1 has a user 2 bank of 256 std ir and a user 3 bank with 24 fullres. Will it still be an nightmare to implement ?
Cliff has already stated that they aren't doing that setup because it would be a nightmare to implement.

Back
Top Bottom