Axe III Upgrade

You're entitled to your opinion but that doesn't mean it's reality or one everyone agrees with. FAS does not have crystal ball and it's unreasonable to expect them to manufacture a product that can be upgraded with hardware. Saying that it's "...not right" is basically accusing them of doing something wrong, that they should have known better.

Exactly how is FAS supposed to know what technology is going to be available in the next year and what epiphanies Cliff may have in the future? What is your suggestion for "future proofing" the next Axe Fx? It's easy to say what could have or should have been done in hindsight but that does not mean it was possible or available 4 years ago.

It happens. I got flamed once over a cable, so I'm careful with what I ask. Some people are intolerant of any question/comment they deem anti-zealotry. I just learned to suffer in silence because I don't really want to get into things with people over trivial matters LOL!
In my opinion this is just feeding the victim mentality.

The guy made a blatantly false statement and is crying over the responses.

Sorry, but I just don't see the need to give life to something as low as being a victim.

I think the real danger here is only that you can cheat yourself out of enjoying fully what you do have, by focusing on the features that are exclusive to the Mark II and Mark II Turbo. I just think you can enjoy the Axe FX III so much more by looking at, e.g., the two new overdrive pedals! There is so much power with this unit; I know, at least for me, I'm still discovering new stuff often. I actually have to stop myself from experimenting with my tones and discipline myself to remember I'm here "to play, not to mess around," to quote the awesome song Drunken Wisdom by Overkill. I'm just saying you can totally make yourself miserable by viewing this stuff in that manner, and I do hope you can find a way to look at it as a glass half full.

Even if this were the very last firmware update for the Axe FX III, it's still such an unbelievable piece of gear, I just feel like there's nothing to be desired in any substantial way. Not to say I don't have a wishlist, but everything fundamental is there.

In my opinion this is just feeding the victim mentality.

The guy made a blatantly false statement and is crying over the responses.

Sorry, but I just don't see the need to give life to something as low as being a victim.

That’s your interpretation of what I said. I was referring specifically to my experience and ended it with a “LOL!” because I took it with a grain of salt. I don’t take any of this seriously. It’s an effects processor/preamp and that’s it; not some lifesaving device. We’re here for education and entertainment.

I was addressing the sensitivity of some around here to comments made that are deemed anti-Fractal. I was neither endorsing nor validating anything the OP said; not even close. It was a pseudo tongue-in-cheek lamentation about my post. The next time you want to police statements, start with your own and make sure you know what you’re talking about.

While I also feel a little cheated by the Turbo, being an owner of a new MKII for about two weeks, that's just how business works. The Axe-Fx is definitely not for the poor, struggling musician. If you can easily afford a new Axe III regardless of the version then you can also afford to sell your used one and finance the difference for getting the latest one. It's just that some of us got the bitter end of the timing now and because of this I also feel a little frustrated (even moreso being in Europe). When you're purchasing new tech you're obviously aiming for the best and latest one, and it sucks when suddenly your best and latest one isn't the best and latest one anymore. Now I definitely understand how MKI owners felt when FullRes was announced. But that's still just business.

Back
Top Bottom