Announcing the New FM9 Amp Modeler/FX Processor

Sorry if this has already been answered but, does anyone know the CPU comparison between the FM9 and Axe FX II XL?

Love my axe, but a smaller unit would make gigs so much easier! 😆

Sorry if this has already been answered but, does anyone know the CPU comparison between the FM9 and Axe FX II XL?

Love my axe, but a smaller unit would make gigs so much easier! 😆
Considering the post below and the bars, I would say that the FM9 has a little more CPU power than the Axe FX II. FM9 has half the CPU power of the Axe FX 3.

Post in thread 'Announcing the New FM9 Amp Modeler/FX Processor'
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-amp-modeler-fx-processor.176122/post-2138126

C93159EE-E661-46A4-A4D3-13E5D8CA1672.jpeg

Considering the post below and the bars, I would say that the FM9 has a little more CPU power than the Axe FX II. FM9 has half the CPU power of the Axe FX 3.

Post in thread 'Announcing the New FM9 Amp Modeler/FX Processor'
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-amp-modeler-fx-processor.176122/post-2138126

View attachment 88798
Yeah, was looking at this graphic before, i suppose the FX2 is getting on a little now, so anything out now will be better.

Think I’ll start saving the gig money, It isn’t a need, but would be nice to save taking a whole rack case.

One thing to keep in mind is that it's going to really depend on your presets.

This occurred to me last night while pondering how I will have to tweak my kitchen sink Axe Fx III preset to get it moved over to FM9.

You have to consider that Delays (except multi/Plex types) have a dedicated CPU core, Reverb has a dedicated core and Amp modeling has a dedicated core.

So, it's all about the other effects that will share the remaining core, really.

I'm waiting for mine to arrive tomorrow so I can see ;)

Haven’t found the answer to this yet…

Can someone pass their invite to a friend? How does that work. The invite email says they check all orders against email addresses.

@Admin M@ ?

Haven’t found the answer to this yet…

Can someone pass their invite to a friend? How does that work. The invite email says they check all orders against email addresses.

@Admin M@ ?
No you can’t pass the invite to a friend. You could buy the unit and then your friend can pay you for it but keep in mind any warranty actions will have to go through the original buyer

Not yet but the engineers are working on porting it. I don't foresee any reason why it won't be able to be ported but I can't guarantee that it will.
Has there been any updates on this? I haven’t read through the thread in awhile but should be coming up soon to buy the FM9.

Hi all. Is it still the case that those receiving emails for the purchase of the FM9 are those that got on the wish list 27 August? If that is the case we won't see these in Australia for years. I'd buy and FM3 and and FC6 if they were available, but no, not here in Australia - rarely stock here. And Fractal won't ship direct. Very frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom