Studio Slip for FM9

That would be just my luck if I purchased the bag already ……. I’d be waiting on the FM9 invite till Fall 2022

That seems like a great design! Hoping I can put an EV1 and a Mission pedal in the secondary pouch with some extra cables. Would be cool if there was some divider for the pedal pouch that could separate two pedals so they don't bang against each other during transport. Alternatively, I could find a small cover for one of the pedals.

Gator GK2110​

Gator G-MultiFX-2411​

good cheap solution . around 30 $ enough space to store cables etc..

Gator GT-2412-GRY​

more expensive but elegant solution.

Last edited:
Would be cool if there was some divider for the pedal pouch that could separate two pedals so they don't bang against each other during transport.
An easy solution is to put a bundled cable or cord between the two. I coil my guitar and mic cables, but I fold up my 10' power cord, then I use Velcro cable straps to secure them separately so they won't tangle. Things don't shift much in the pocket if it's reasonably full, so the pedals should remain separated.

Another alternate is to get some bubble-wrap pockets, or simply roll one of the pedals in a piece of the small bubble wrap. It'll last a long time and keep them from bouncing off each other.

An easy solution is to put a bundled cable or cord between the two. I coil my guitar and mic cables, but I fold up my 10' power cord, then I use Velcro cable straps to secure them separately so they won't tangle. Things don't shift much in the pocket if it's reasonably full, so the pedals should remain separated.

Another alternate is to get some bubble-wrap pockets, or simply roll one of the pedals in a piece of the small bubble wrap. It'll last a long time and keep them from bouncing off each other.
I actually thought about bubble wrap but I didn't think of the "pocket" version of that which would work very well. Thanks for the input!

I actually thought about bubble wrap but I didn't think of the "pocket" version of that which would work very well. Thanks for the input!
It'd probably cost next to nothing to make your own considering we get so much bubble wrap when a box arrives.

And, if you experiment with packing the pedals in the pocket, you can probably figure out the best way to lay them in there, and then trim a piece of the wrap to the length of one pedal (or be extravagant and wrap both). It shouldn't tip in the bag or unwrap.

Just load everything in the FM9 bag and pocket, then walk around jostling the bag, picking it up and setting it down and laying it down a couple of times, then check to see if the pocket's contents shifted.

I mentioned this on another thread but I'll add this here as a budget-friendly option: Novation 25 backpack (originally meant for a keyboard). Plenty of retailers sell it.

Mine fits my Helix LT currently and the FM9 is smaller. The front pocket is plenty large for cables and expression pedals.

Gator GK2110​

Gator G-MultiFX-2411​

good cheap solution . around 30 $ enough space to store cables etc..
This looks perfect, assuming the unit would be adequately protected. Reviews are quite positive for it as well. I like the Studio Slips bag but it's very pricey. Being in Canada, with exchange rate and shipping it would cost upwards of $300 vs $50 for the Gator.

This looks perfect, assuming the unit would be adequately protected. Reviews are quite positive for it as well. I like the Studio Slips bag but it's very pricey. Being in Canada, with exchange rate and shipping it would cost upwards of $300 vs $50 for the Gator.
You do know you can ask that the Studio Slips bag be modified? You could switch to a single layer of padding, which will be more like the Gator, and/or not get the shoulder straps and reuse something you already have. Studio Slips is very happy to accommodate those sorts of changes, with a reduction in the cost of materials.

I have several Gator bags and several from Studio Slips, and know that it's not easy to get Studio Slip's quality and sort of service from other companies.

Back
Top Bottom