IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
@York Audio Justin, do you ever reshoot the cabs and if you do, do you update the cab pack for previous purchasers? Or do release a new cab pack as the revised shoot (new purchase)?

@York Audio Justin, do you ever reshoot the cabs and if you do, do you update the cab pack for previous purchasers? Or do release a new cab pack as the revised shoot (new purchase)?
I’ve re-shot a couple cabs (Mesa OS and Matchless 2x12), but when I do a reshoot, I’ll choose a different speaker (Mesa) or a different cabinet (Matchless) so there isn’t any overlap. Since reshooting a cab requires a completely separate capturing session (and two weeks worth of work) and different speakers are used, it’s a separate product and not an “update.” People with original versions can continue to enjoy their IRs, but if they’d like to experience the “V2” version, it’s a separate purchase.

Are you feeling like there’s a cab that could use a reshoot?

I’ve re-shot a couple cabs (Mesa OS and Matchless 2x12), but when I do a reshoot, I’ll choose a different speaker (Mesa) or a different cabinet (Matchless) so there isn’t any overlap. Since reshooting a cab requires a completely separate capturing session (and two weeks worth of work) and different speakers are used, it’s a separate product and not an “update.” People with original versions can continue to enjoy their IRs, but if they’d like to experience the “V2” version, it’s a separate purchase.

Are you feeling like there’s a cab that could use a reshoot?
None that I think a reshoot, just had read through this thread and saw mention of possible reshoots. So that triggered the question. Do you have an plans for ENGL or Diezel cabs?

None that I think a reshoot, just had read through this thread and saw mention of possible reshoots. So that triggered the question. Do you have an plans for ENGL or Diezel cabs?
I’m still looking for an ENGL XXL 4x12. I’ve heard those are cool. At the moment, I don’t have a Diezel either. I’ve got a TON of stuff I still need to capture in the meantime, but I’ll keep my eyes open for those.

I’m still looking for an ENGL XXL 4x12. I’ve heard those are cool. At the moment, I don’t have a Diezel either. I’ve got a TON of stuff I still need to capture in the meantime, but I’ll keep my eyes open for those.
Nice, I had an XXL for years. Great cab
6ECC5010-2891-4D22-9016-76ED8D0A3205.jpeg

@York Audio Do you typically install MPT and Raw both (or minimum and natural) when loading a cab pack?
I just load Mixes and MPT Singles. That way, you can blend different cabs and mics without any phase issues and use the Align parameter in case you want to play with the phase relationship between two IRs.

I just load Mixes and MPT Singles. That way, you can blend different cabs and mics without any phase issues and use the Align parameter in case you want to play with the phase relationship between two IRs.
I will sometimes use the "natural" or "raw" one on room mic IRs when recording to get a bit of extra temporal separation between the close-mic'ed mic IR and the room mic IR. It seems to help the room have a more natural sounding "size" that way.

That said, I usually stick with the close-mic'ed IRs for just playing....

@York Audio may I ask for the M65 did you use 8Ohm or 16Ohm speakers? Is there an impedance you usually gravitate to?
I have a Zilla vertical slanted Super Fatboy that currently is loaded with 2 16Ohm V30s. Since I already have the V30s covered with a Mesa 212 I'd like to get something a little different and most probably that will be M65s. Currently still thinking about which impedance to get. 8Ohm are generally considered softer in the top end and with more mids - haven't really had a chance to compare that for myself.

@York Audio may I ask for the M65 did you use 8Ohm or 16Ohm speakers? Is there an impedance you usually gravitate to?
I have a Zilla vertical slanted Super Fatboy that currently is loaded with 2 16Ohm V30s. Since I already have the V30s covered with a Mesa 212 I'd like to get something a little different and most probably that will be M65s. Currently still thinking about which impedance to get. 8Ohm are generally considered softer in the top end and with more mids - haven't really had a chance to compare that for myself.
My M65s are 16ohm. I’d agree with you that 8ohm speakers tend to have a little more mids and 16ohm speakers tend to have a little deeper low end and more air on the top. If you’re running a 2x12, I’d go with the 16ohm versions so you can run your amp at 8ohms.

For what it’s worth, the two M65s I have sound drastically different. The one I captured was more balanced sounding whereas the other one has a TON of top end fizz. Hopefully you’ll get some good ones. :)

As far as preferring 8 or 16… I don’t really have a preference to be honest. You’ll notice right away if a speaker sounds good or bad more than you’ll notice the difference in ohms.

I've had a surprising amount of requests for this cab since it's rare to see one of these in the IR world. Many of you have been wanting something different and unique to inspire new tones, so I think you'll be really happy with this one.

I just released the VH+ 412 P50E Cab Pack based on a VHT Fatbottom front-loaded 4x12 with the original Eminence P50E speakers. I've never done a front-loaded cab before, so this was a cool experience. It's more mid-forward focus is angry sounding, but also gives a woodiness to mid-gain tones and works surprisingly well for clean stuff.

Here are a few clips to give you an idea of what it sounds like.

High gain using an SLO model with a Les Paul and Mix 14.

Cranked Plexi using a P90 Les Paul with Mix 04.

Clean Deluxe Reverb using a Les Paul Deluxe with Mix 14.

I hope you guys enjoy this one too. Let me know if you have any questions!

-Justin

I've had a surprising amount of requests for this cab since it's rare to see one of these in the IR world. Many of you have been wanting something different and unique to inspire new tones, so I think you'll be really happy with this one.

I just released the VH+ 412 P50E Cab Pack based on a VHT Fatbottom front-loaded 4x12 with the original Eminence P50E speakers. I've never done a front-loaded cab before, so this was a cool experience. It's more mid-forward focus is angry sounding, but also gives a woodiness to mid-gain tones and works surprisingly well for clean stuff.

Here are a few clips to give you an idea of what it sounds like.

High gain using an SLO model with a Les Paul and Mix 14.

Cranked Plexi using a P90 Les Paul with Mix 04.

Clean Deluxe Reverb using a Les Paul Deluxe with Mix 14.

I hope you guys enjoy this one too. Let me know if you have any questions!

-Justin

Yet again I part with my monies...
Thank you, sir!

Just downloaded this and tried it out. Nice! Did a little research and found it has a 115 Hz resonance, so dialed up the 4x12 Brit Greenback curve and it works nicely with this....
My cab measured at 113Hz, and the 4x12 Solo 100 was the closest curve to this cab. I THINK that's the only curve from a front-loaded cab in the list. I think it sounds great with the stock resonance at 106Hz for a slightly tighter sound.

My cab measured at 113Hz, and the 4x12 Solo 100 was the closest curve to this cab. I THINK that's the only curve from a front-loaded cab in the list. I think it sounds great with the stock resonance at 106Hz for a slightly tighter sound.
Will give that one a try. Thanks!

Just downloaded this and tried it out. Nice! Did a little research and found it has a 115 Hz resonance, so dialed up the 4x12 Brit Greenback curve and it works nicely with this....

I checked the default curve of the Fyrette Deliverance model and it was 4x12 Recto Large, so I gave it a try. It sounds nice, I recommed it.

Back
Top Bottom