1991 Ernie ball music man EVH for 10K

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
Well, let's just fucking gouge on his death amirite?
This is a local ad. Will people actually pay this??

Last edited:
Ha, that's just Capitalism eh.

Something is always only worth what someone is willing to pay. To some, 10k is a piss in a bucket...to others, a small fortune.

Well, let's just fucking gouge on his death amirite?
This is a local ad. Will people actually pay this??
Calm down. That thing's a prize and maybe somebody's anguishing over parting with it because their kid is sick or they lost their job or whatever and need to make ends...

... like I'm looking at my guitars and thinking about some decisions I don't want to have make because I lost my job in July.

Calm down. That thing's a prize and maybe somebody's anguishing over parting with it because their kid is sick or they lost their job or whatever and need to make ends...

... like I'm looking at my guitars and thinking about some decisions I don't want to have make because I lost my job in July.
Hey best of luck to you, hope you make on your feet eventually. Seems from here like you have some skills, you'll find something.

Just to say it, job hunting is the worst, one of my least favorite projects. But I got lucky, landed at a great company doing good stuff, with a great boss. It is possible!

Ha, that's just Capitalism eh.

Something is always only worth what someone is willing to pay. To some, 10k is a piss in a bucket...to others, a small fortune.
Maybe! but the old saying of "A fool and his money soon depart" comes to mind.

I have no idea who the seller is or what the motivation is etc etc. it was purely my knee jerk reaction. i know the originals fetch a good price and I get it...just never seen anyone be that ambitious in the asking price

I am seldom ever able to sell stuff over the $2k mark through local listings.

You see those kinds of "ambitious" prices all over Reverb/eBay. I think some folks don't want to sell, but will let their stuff sit advertised at an outrageous price and if the right buyer comes along they'll let whatever it is go. There's a guy on eBay who has had an ESP Explorer up for a few years now... only asking $300,000USD! ;)

Yeah, I see a 1981 Les Paul Custom Silverburst with a Kahler tremolo on Reverb for just under 9K. Has all original parts to put it back stock, sans the route for the Kahler. Original owner, too. I guess if the right person comes along, those will sell.

I just checked my back pocket, I swear there was a spare $300,000 in it yesterday! I guess that ESP Explorer just wasn't meant to be!

Yeah, I see a 1981 Les Paul Custom Silverburst with a Kahler tremolo on Reverb for just under 9K. Has all original parts to put it back stock, sans the route for the Kahler. Original owner, too. I guess if the right person comes along, those will sell.

I just checked my back pocket, I swear there was a spare $300,000 in it yesterday! I guess that ESP Explorer just wasn't meant to be!
Yeah I saw that listing. My first thought was, if it ain't original, you're dreaming dude.

If you are the type of person that buys on the used market, the main thing you must remember is, THE ADVERTISED PRICES DON'T MEAN SHIT!!

I just yesterday read here someone said used FM3's are going for around a grand (or something to that nature. Point being, I personally saw at least 3 that sold for around 800 bucks. Which told me that person was only paying attention to selling/asking prices!

Yeah I saw that listing. My first thought was, if it ain't original, you're dreaming dude.

If you are the type of person that buys on the used market, the main thing you must remember is, THE ADVERTISED PRICES DON'T MEAN SHIT!!

I just yesterday read here someone said used FM3's are going for around a grand (or something to that nature. Point being, I personally saw at least 3 that sold for around 800 bucks. Which told me that person was only paying attention to selling/asking prices!
Idk man, mine sold for over a grand on Reverb a couple of days ago. Although, I was pretty adamant about riding out the initial wave of impulsiveness. Had a ton of offers ranging from $600-$800 though.

Hey best of luck to you, hope you make on your feet eventually. Seems from here like you have some skills, you'll find something.
Thanks, man. I really appreciate it.

Unfortunately, recruiters and HR types see my resume and don't want to pay for what 20+ years of experience in my field implies. Yeah sure they'll write a job posting requiring the equivalent of that experience but they want to pay entry-level for it.

I have been papering the world with my resume for 49 days and have not heard a single peep, not even a "no", from any of them. Except for one, and for that I had to leverage a pre-existing relationship and do a little name-dropping.

That brings me to "Fortunately", which is a third interview tomorrow, with the department chair of a university which would also allow me to do a M.S. and a Ph.D.

All of my hopes are with that right now.

Thanks, man. I really appreciate it.

Unfortunately, recruiters and HR types see my resume and don't want to pay for what 20+ years of experience in my field implies. Yeah sure they'll write a job posting requiring the equivalent of that experience but they want to pay entry-level for it.

I have been papering the world with my resume for 49 days and have not heard a single peep, not even a "no", from any of them. Except for one, and for that I had to leverage a pre-existing relationship and do a little name-dropping.

That brings me to "Fortunately", which is a third interview tomorrow, with the department chair of a university which would also allow me to do a M.S. and a Ph.D.

All of my hopes are with that right now.
Have to admit, I took a pay cut for my current gig. But it's a great nonprofit, and a spookily exact match to a bunch of my experience and skills (for better and worse). I bailed out of an awful boss situation, wanted to do something that would make a difference in the world, not just a living, and this was kinda perfect.

Do I wish I was making more? Absolutely! But you gotta make your play, and I'm in, zero regrets.

Good luck with that prospect :)

Idk man, mine sold for over a grand on Reverb a couple of days ago. Although, I was pretty adamant about riding out the initial wave of impulsiveness. Had a ton of offers ranging from $600-$800 though.
Well sounds like they're back up now. But when the FM9 was first introduced, it looked like a flood of FM3's hit Reverb. So it may have been some of those that I mentioned. The "fear" sellers. Heck, if the ones I saw that went for the lower prices had just looked on Fractal's site, they'd have seen that they were out of stock, and probably could've just been a bit more patient.
There's a guy here who just listed his, and right away dropped the price. And it was a fair ask, because he has $300 worth of other gear to go with it.
Personally, I understand people wanting a really good deal on even a brand new unit, because you get no warranty, and no option to even purchase one. Which makes sense from Fractal's standpoint, because if that were possible, it would bite into their sales. So you're rolling the dice that if something happens, the cost of service & shipping may end up exceeding what you would have paid for a new one. Not to mention, since these units can do so much, how can you really be assured that everything works as it's supposed to? There may be a particular function that doesn't work correctly, but the current owner just doesn't know it, because he's never used that feature.

For vehicles, yeah, I'll buy slightly used, because the depreciation hit with new vehicles is huge. Do your research, and buy a reliable brand. But when it comes to complex electronics, not me, unless it's a unit still in production, and I can get at least $300-500 off new, depending on its original price. 800 for an FM3, and 18 for a III would be in my comfort zone.

Have to admit, I took a pay cut for my current gig. But it's a great nonprofit, and a spookily exact match to a bunch of my experience and skills (for better and worse). I bailed out of an awful boss situation, wanted to do something that would make a difference in the world, not just a living, and this was kinda perfect.

Do I wish I was making more? Absolutely! But you gotta make your play, and I'm in, zero regrets.

Good luck with that prospect :)
Most people leave jobs because of their manager or boss, rarely because of the job itself.

Back
Top Bottom