Axe-Fx III as Interface for Teams calls etc.

Hi there,
I want to use my Axe-Fx III as an audio interface for Microsoft Teams calls etc.

Right now I connected a mic to an external preamp to my Axe and set up a small "Vocal Chain". Works, sounds good.

Now the problem:
I output this to Out 2, so I don't hear myself through my monitors and cause a feedback loop.
The signal arrives in windows, but I think the Teams Client only uses USB channel 1 (seems to work in the web version) but I'd need it to use channel 3 or 4.

Any way I can change this?

I could route to Out1 in the Axe, but then I would need to connect my monitors to Out2 (ok...) and change all my presets (not so ok...).

Anything I'm missing? Axe setting? Windows App?

Thanks guys :)

If the application you're using doesn't have the ability to select ports on an audio interface, you're stuck with what it selects. A virtual audio interface might help. On the Mac there's Loopback.

EDIT: While I was typing this, someone suggested "VB Cable" which seems to be analogous to what I was describing.

Hi and thanks for the suggestion.
This seems to be what I'm looking for. I installed it and tried to follow a tutorial to set it up, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I probably have the routing wrong (obviously the video didn't show my exact use case).

Do you have any insight, a link to a video or something like that?

Thanks!

Hi there,
I want to use my Axe-Fx III as an audio interface for Microsoft Teams calls etc.

Right now I connected a mic to an external preamp to my Axe and set up a small "Vocal Chain". Works, sounds good.

Now the problem:
I output this to Out 2, so I don't hear myself through my monitors and cause a feedback loop.
The signal arrives in windows, but I think the Teams Client only uses USB channel 1 (seems to work in the web version) but I'd need it to use channel 3 or 4.

Any way I can change this?

I could route to Out1 in the Axe, but then I would need to connect my monitors to Out2 (ok...) and change all my presets (not so ok...).

Anything I'm missing? Axe setting? Windows App?

Thanks guys :)
Hi - unless I am missing something - in Setup under audio you can set Out2 to go to Usb1/2 instead of Out1
1631138820510.png

Hi - unless I am missing something - in Setup under audio you can set Out2 to go to Usb1/2 instead of Out1
View attachment 88328
Hi and thanks for the suggestion.
I tried that, but I think(!) it only changes the mapping of the incoming digital signal to the hardware outs of the Axe!?

I set up four tracks in my DAW (Reaper) that receive one of the four Input channels each. So I can monitor what ends up where and this setting seems to have no effect.

Otherwise I could switch it and then map the "In USB" block to the Output as well to still listen to stuff!? 😅 It just gets more confusing.

Edit: I will take a closer look at the manual..

Windows system audio does not support more than 2 input or output channels using WDM drivers when the speaker mode is set to Stereo. It will always default to using USB channels 1 and 2. Windows system audio does not support ASIO drivers either.

You might be able to use Voicemeter to route the audio via software.

I route my audio I/O from my Motu 828es (not the AFX3n but would be the same principle) to Zoom using SAR (Synchronous audio Router) limiting drastically the latency, which was an issue for me with "Virtual Cable".
You set SAR as the ASios driver and inside SAR parameter, set real interface to AFX3, as I did with the MOtu.

It runs really well. Did it too with the video/audio capture free app OBS Studio.

I route my audio I/O from my Motu 828es (not the AFX3n but would be the same principle) to Zoom using SAR (Synchronous audio Router) limiting drastically the latency, which was an issue for me with "Virtual Cable".
You set SAR as the ASios driver and inside SAR parameter, set real interface to AFX3, as I did with the MOtu.

It runs really well. Did it too with the video/audio capture free app OBS Studio.
Thanks. I will give it a try if voicemeter doesn't work.

UNderstood... Voice meter is an interesting solution, but always had the issue of latency... You'll see in your case.

UNderstood... Voice meter is an interesting solution, but always had the issue of latency... You'll see in your case.
Hi,
I didn't get Voice Meter to work either (might be just my fault) and tried SAR.
The website, as well as tutorials I found always seem to require some kind of DAW (like Reaper) to configure things. Is that right? Do I need to run Reaper all the time if I want to use it?
SAR doesn't have an interface in itself, right? After the installation I can just see the dll files.
So where did you set SAR as the ASIO driver?

Any insight would be really appreciated!

Yes it needs a DAW (I have reaper)
  1. install SAR in Windows
  2. in the DAW: refer to SAR as the ASIO driver in the DAW
  3. in the DAW: associate your real interface driver (MOtu 828es for me, or can be the FAS driver) to SAR
  4. define your SAR IN/OUT
  5. these IN/OUT are available in any other apps (Teams, Zoom, OBS, etc.
I Did a tut on that, but sorry in french... If anyway it can helps with the video...:

In Teams you go to Settings > Devices and you can choose inputs and outputs. I do it all the time with my Scarlett 18i8 interface.

Back
Top Bottom