Wish FM9 Wishlist

Played my first gig last night near sand and am about to pull out the shop vac to clean my gear. Haha. With that said I don’t really like pedalboards and don’t want to have to mount my fm3 or future fm9 to a pedalboard and not be able to easily take it off. I think what would be cool is some kind of pedalboard that can clamp in the fm9 or fm3/fc6 that has an adjustable height. Kind of like how some laptop stands are fully adjustable just something sturdier. That way you can use it whenever you want and set the height to what you want obviously it wouldn’t be really high but maybe a little higher than your typical pedalboard

Already possible. You can make any button do pretty much whatever you want.
@cyberk9 youll definitely want to take a harder look at the FM9. The tone and effects are superior to the ax8 since the FM9 runs newer firmware which has many improvements vs ax8.

As mentioned above, the footswitches can be programmed for almost any function you could think of. They are light years ahead of the ax8 footswitches and they come with scribble strips. Imagine a footswitch with logic, where you can change its function based on another footswitch being pressed. You can go down a rabbit hole with this but also can keep it simple just like ax8

Headphone jack on FM9 is super convenient for practicing without having to fire up an interface and plug in xlr’s. Just one usb cable and you’re ready to go since it has usb audio.

I don't see it as an unreasonable request....Cliff and Co. are generally pretty very open to good suggestions once it's not something ridiculous like 'I need 2048 more IR slots to the FM9! '
A larger + touchscreen would be nice. Having the logo light up would be nice. Audio capture would be a plus. Would like to see a package deal with a wah pedal.

Not a wish but a prediction: in a couple of years, we are going to see FM9 and FM3 Mk2 with identical specs but with touchscreen interfaces and a UI more aligned with competitors. I get why Fractal has in the past said they don’t want to go down this route, but they clearly responded to customers and the competition in launching the FM9, and a more user-friendly interface is where Fractal lags the competition. Not a dealbreaker to the FM9 Mk 1 success in 2021 (lacking a touchscreen won’t stop me buying one), but before 2025 it will stand out as antiquated. Even refrigerators have a touchscreen and slick UI now.
I don't think your prediction is going to come true but you can always dream...

Are you just looking for an expression pedal?
Honstely I'm not sure. I want the full experience. I don't have one now and thought if I upgrade, why not get everything. I currently have an acoustic Fishman Mini-Loudbox. It has a few basic effects onboard but they are not great- the acoustic tone however is great. I also have a Boss Katana Artist. It sounds really good and is versatile. I also have a Yamaha THR10. Lately I have been playing via my Neural DSP PI's. The FM9 will be a nice addition to what I have. I just play for fun- mostly for my dog but I have come along over the years. It's also nice to be able to play at some small parties- again, just for fun...or until they tell me to stop! Bottom line- I just want to keep exploring and having fun- open to your suggestions. Thanks!

Only thing I saw after reading the release notes I could wish for is a second instance of the plex delay. With four channels and the two reverbs available I could make do :)

Honstely I'm not sure. I want the full experience. I don't have one now and thought if I upgrade, why not get everything. I currently have an acoustic Fishman Mini-Loudbox. It has a few basic effects onboard but they are not great- the acoustic tone however is great. I also have a Boss Katana Artist. It sounds really good and is versatile. I also have a Yamaha THR10. Lately I have been playing via my Neural DSP PI's. The FM9 will be a nice addition to what I have. I just play for fun- mostly for my dog but I have come along over the years. It's also nice to be able to play at some small parties- again, just for fun...or until they tell me to stop! Bottom line- I just want to keep exploring and having fun- open to your suggestions. Thanks!

I've never actually used one, but worth looking into this until someone with experience weights in - https://www.fractalaudio.com/p-ev1-expression-pedal-volume-pedal/

Requested this for AX8 and FM3 already, so here I go again :

Please add a sample player block and a sample library similar to the cab block and its IR library.

Good idea. This is something which could be done with firmware I would think. Just an option to devote almost the entire screen to the Preset name. Or top half to Preset name and lower half to Scene name.
I demoed a Boss GT 1000 for a few weeks and it had this feature. It worked a lot of a digital cameras back lcd overlay screen.. the main screen simply has an option to choose scroll over to a screen made to focus on the patch name. In this mode the patch name took up over half of the top of the screen. While my eyes are not bad enough to need this feature I can see it being useful for anyone who has a hard time seeing the screen. This feature was system wide and was easily switched back and forth with the arrow buttons so you didn't even have to deep dive to initiate.

I demoed a Boss GT 1000 for a few weeks and it had this feature. It worked a lot of a digital cameras back lcd overlay screen.. the main screen simply has an option to choose scroll over to a screen made to focus on the patch name. In this mode the patch name took up over half of the top of the screen. While my eyes are not bad enough to need this feature I can see it being useful for anyone who has a hard time seeing the screen. This feature was system wide and was easily switched back and forth with the arrow buttons so you didn't even have to deep dive to initiate.
This feature was already implemented on the FX8 and AX8 in a more clever way, why it was abandoned on the FM3 is beyond my understanding. Let's hope it becomes accesible again on the FM9. Fingers crossed...

While I'm waiting for my name to pop up on the wait list and making wishes for the FM9, I might as well add AxeIII FW17 support so the FM9 can use ultra res cabs and is Amp in the Room capable... I hope they can find a way to make that work. 🤞

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but didn't I read that the hardware on anything but the Axe-Fx MKIII will not
support the FullRes???

Request:
Please add ability to send midi notes over USB port. With an all in one unit like this it would be really nice to set up a layout page that could control tracks in Ableton by sending midi notes directly through USB to computer.

Back
Top Bottom