Waitlist Email

Consider this - at least there's a waitlist to join!

I've been eyeing the Mission Engineering Gemini 2 Stereo unit since earlier this year and it always says 'Out of Stock'. There's no ETA, no waitlist, no way to backorder and no other information provided at all.

I've been eyeing the Mission Engineering Gemini 2 Stereo unit since earlier this year and it always says 'Out of Stock'. There's no ETA, no waitlist, no way to backorder and no other information provided at all.
That really sucks! Good luck!

If the units are ready to ship, why does it take so long to get the invitations?

“The FM9 will begin shipping immediately in limited quantities in the USA and Canada, using our standard waitlist invitations to help manage the demand during the ongoing global semiconductor shortage and shipping crisis.”

Last edited:

I was looking at the Gemini 2's as well. I asked Mission about this last week and got a reply from them. It was obviously a component shortage and they've now managed to secure the parts they need for them. They said that production is set to resume in a couple of weeks but they have backorders to fill and it could be at least 4-6 weeks at the moment before those are fulfilled.

I was looking at the Gemini 2's as well. I asked Mission about this last week and got a reply from them. It was obviously a component shortage and they've now managed to secure the parts they need for them. They said that production is set to resume in a couple of weeks but they have backorders to fill and it could be at least 4-6 weeks at the moment before those are fulfilled.
Thanks for this.

Mission Engineering is either out of business or dangerously close to it and any given moment.

They have some expression pedals that appear to be available, but once their merchandiser sells those who knows if they'll take any new orders? Their cabinets are made by a 3rd party (StageCraft), so if they don't forward those orders, they probably won't get built.

IIRC it was just one or two guys (back in 2012 when I bought exp pedals from the at Axe-Fest L.A.). If they are dead in the water, the site will probably stay up until whatever's left of the stock sells out, then they'll probably disappear forever.

Mission Engineering is either out of business or dangerously close to it and any given moment.

They have some expression pedals that appear to be available, but once their merchandiser sells those who knows if they'll take any new orders? Their cabinets are made by a 3rd party (StageCraft), so if they don't forward those orders, they probably won't get built.

IIRC it was just one or two guys (back in 2012 when I bought exp pedals from the at Axe-Fest L.A.). If they are dead in the water, the site will probably stay up until whatever's left of the stock sells out, then they'll probably disappear forever.

Haha! Apparently.
It's like the Thompson submachinegun in 1930's Chicago. It was thought that there were hundreds of them out on the black market, but really there were only 2 or 3 and they got passed around by all the gangsters and rum-runners.

Pandemic threw everything out the window and now dealing with chips shortage, it's tough for everyone. They have to have stock then load software then run it thru it's paces. All this take time. So, an option, You can get on FM3 list for mid September stock, sell it when the FM9 calls.

Where's my invite... I got blisters on my fingers! Not sure if I should watch my email daily, weekly, or monthly. o_O

Yes, I mean I own the wonderful AX8 for several years but it was bought way after its launch.
I have me an AX8! I play through it about five times a week. That thing has been (and still is), a Great piece of gear! I also have an AXEIII in my studio, and as the FM9 shares much the same code as the AXElll, sound quality is definitely an upgrade from the AX8 …definitely going to be worth any wait for you.

These waitlist threads are notorious for impatience. All in time. Fractal QCs these units and update firmware as needed before they ship. They take this thing they do pretty-seriously and “pretty-seriously” takes time. So! Might be a while to get your invite, just be pleasantly surprised if not. :0)

Pandemic threw everything out the window and now dealing with chips shortage, it's tough for everyone. They have to have stock then load software then run it thru it's paces. All this take time. So, an option, You can get on FM3 list for mid September stock, sell it when the FM9 calls.
Or buy a used one at $800 I've seen around here...crazy!

I have me an AX8! I play through it about five times a week. That thing has been (and still is), a Great piece of gear! I also have an AXEIII in my studio, and as the FM9 shares much the same code as the AXElll, sound quality is definitely an upgrade from the AX8 …definitely going to be worth any wait for you.

These waitlist threads are notorious for impatience. All in time. Fractal QCs these units and update firmware as needed before they ship. They take this thing they do pretty-seriously and “pretty-seriously” takes time. So! Might be a while to get your invite, just be pleasantly surprised if not. :0)
I hear that. It will be like a present on Christmas day, like so many others have said! Super excited 🤙

Back
Top Bottom