Waitlist Email

I got my waitlist reply email on 8/27 at 1:25 Eastern Standard time.... Am I reading correctly that it means I am around 25 mins after the official announcement went live?

Im pretty sure the Fractal site also says FM3 available now without a wait lol
Check again. I paraphrased what the site says
FM3: "Out of Stock until Mid-September"
FM9: "Now shipping to customers on a waitlist in the USA/Canada. See below for information on how to be notified when an FM9 is available for you."

Check again. I paraphrased what the site says
FM3: "Out of Stock until Mid-September"
FM9: "Now shipping to customers on a waitlist in the USA/Canada. See below for information on how to be notified when an FM9 is available for you."
And yet lol you are correct that it says waitlist when you click on it but not on the banners

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210831-132246_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210831-132246_Chrome.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 15
I got my waitlist reply email on 8/27 at 1:25 Eastern Standard time.... Am I reading correctly that it means I am around 25 mins after the official announcement went live?
I keep seeing people say it won't be until next year for those within the 5 hour mark even. Not sure where they get there info but they seem convinced, hope they are wrong lol

Hey guys, does anyone know how much time you got to make the purchase once you get the invite until you loose your right to purchase?
The way it worked for the FM3 is the link was good until they ran out of stock. I'm not sure if they will follow that same practice. Here is a quote from the FM3 invitation email I received back in 2020.

"This invitation does not expire, but the link will stop working when we sell out, so please don't delay your order. "

I keep seeing people say it won't be until next year for those within the 5 hour mark even. Not sure where they get there info but they seem convinced, hope they are wrong lol
I think they are basing it on experience with wait times for the FM3. I joined the FM3 waitlist a week or so after it was announced and it took well over a year to ship. That was a long wait! But anything you hear from anyone at this point is pure speculation. Nobody except for Fractal Audio themselves know how long things are going to take. And even at that they can't predict component availability and shortages once they clear out their existing stock. All I can say is hopefully it doesn't take nearly as long as the FM3 did!

Here's precisely how long it took for me to get my FM3 invite. Joined the waitlist on 6/10/19 (roughly 2 months after the announcement?). Got the invite on 5/8/20 (11 months later). Ordered the same day. Shipped on 5/11/20. Had the FM3 in my hands a few days later. This was still early in the pandemic. I'm sure the world shutdown didn't help, but for me to get it when I did, I wonder if mine was part of a shipment of units they got before the pandemic. My invite said:

"This is a special first-run purchase invitation for the new Fractal Audio FM3."​

Anyway, hopefully the semiconductor shortage won't have as big of an impact on getting the FM9 out as the shutdown did when the FM3 was shipping.

Back
Top Bottom