Almost 2 months with no FW update...

i hope to have something concerning the irs / cab as the preamp section is very nice now . Something that remove this hifi/flat/coldness that most of the included Ir gives . I really like to see more recent irs for third party or brand new fractal ones . York audio said that the one included in the 3 are old and that his new ones are way better (for example)

i hope to have something concerning the irs / cab as the preamp section is very nice now . Something that remove this hifi/flat/coldness that most of the included Ir gives . I really like to see more recent irs for third party or brand new fractal ones . York audio said that the one included in the 3 are old and that his new ones are way better (for example)
Have you tried just dialing back the high frequency cut on the CAB block? I found myself doing that recently and really liked the lack of high frequency content I got as a result.

The IRs from ML Sound Lab are also well-known for being pretty smooooooth for high stuff. If you haven't tried those, check 'em out?

Sure I cut at 10/12k everytime . I don’t know how many hours I spent trying new combinations. tonight I tried for 2h others 4 irs sets . i use 2 cabs most of the time but I always try to do better . tried all the cabs. I always look for something natural . I know that a mic in a cab is aggressive, and don’t act like ears with the amp in the room, but this is the sound I am looking for . I turn with OH, ML in the axe most of the time . I have extra irs packs but I want to use the one in the axe . We have 1000+ cabs seriously …

For example I love my real Mesa 2x12 with v30. I have it since 20 years and sound good with whatever head I owned or use. I have tried most of the 2x12 irs in the axe tonight, and no… that’s harsh, no ohmmff, no bass . That’s not a 4x12 but it sound big for real . the cab section is really the one I am always fighting with . Sometimes I am happy sometimes not … and with my stack I never touch nothing and It always sound good, that’s why I keep it . For my Health 😅. Too much choice/options that lost your mind? Maybe .
sometimes I miss the mic list we had in axe 2 . Maybe something more « arcade » like choosing mics and speaker types, moving the mic in a speaker pic …. Hm

I went really aggressive my new Trey preset. Surprised me how much I liked it. 8800 kHz with a 12 dB/Oct slope.

Yes! I've been experimenting with more aggressive HI-Cuts and a 6db slope so as not to
roll off as much of that content in the upper frequencies as drastically. Subtle but also really
useful.

I went really aggressive my new Trey preset. Surprised me how much I liked it. 8800 kHz with a 12 dB/Oct slope.
Did you like it the next, or better yet, 3 days later?
I'll tweak to my liking, then next day, not so good. Probably my long sessions using headphones though...

I usually cut most of my cabs around 6k, but that's probably because I use way too much gain
That’s a lot ! It don’t sound muffled ? Then If you use single coils with sm57 irs it can be 😅.
For lead a big cut like this can make it warm etc but for rythm 🤨

Doesnt even have to be single coil with a 57, i also use a cut around 5k-7k, and gone is the harshness most of the time =)
I’ll cut anywhere from 6k-10k depending on the volume I’m playing at. When quiet I like more of that high end for clarity, but when at gig volumes I’ll bring the high cut down. I actually mapped the high cut to the perform page too to change when needed.

that why the music genre is important.
If it was for thrash metal rythm, 6k ….
like muting your ears with yours hands!
for leads only yes that’s not the same problem

Back
Top Bottom