Just inherited this keyboard amp, any good for the fractal stuff?

Bruce Sokolovic

Fractal Fanatic
I know it’s old and all, but it came at the price of on the house. Any good to use at least as a monitor? Cab block on or off? What do y’all think? Right now I get my sound out of the wedge at gigs with everything else. Maybe I can throw this behind me and use it that way.

Attachments

• ABC7C387-E303-4320-A51B-C8851C404AAD.jpeg
    ABC7C387-E303-4320-A51B-C8851C404AAD.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
  • B72E971A-FB3B-4944-819C-BD6FBF25B38F.jpeg
    B72E971A-FB3B-4944-819C-BD6FBF25B38F.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 7
keyboard amps tend to boost the lows and highs to create a scooped sound for most keyboard tones. might have to dial those back for guitar. just play with the EQ on the amp itself.

keyboard amps tend to boost the lows and highs to create a scooped sound for most keyboard tones. might have to dial those back for guitar. just play with the EQ on the amp itself.
I suppose I can pepper to taste and use for back line for the AX8, yea?

It is (somewhat) full range, so Cab sims 'on'. Play music through it and tweak the onboard EQ to get a balanced sound?

It could work for a backline monitor, maybe to add a little more oomph - amp in the room feel, Peavey has always been good bang for the buck but I'm sure it's nowhere near flat response.

It is (somewhat) full range, so Cab sims 'on'. Play music through it and tweak the onboard EQ to get a balanced sound?
Yea I guess these were FRFR before FRFR was a thing. Definitely will pepper it to taste with the EQ section. This will be strictly for my band situation to get me out of the wedge.

Yea I guess these were FRFR before FRFR was a thing. Definitely will pepper it to taste with the EQ section. This will be strictly for my band situation to get me out of the wedge.
Cool. It most likely won't do all of the heavy lifting, especially if you move around the stage. I would still have your guitar in the wedges (and side-fills?). But maybe just not as loud?

Cool. It most likely won't do all of the heavy lifting, especially if you move around the stage. I would still have your guitar in the wedges (and side-fills?). But maybe just not as loud?
Yea maybe. I’m often forward of the mains anyway. Taking pics with folks, messing with people looking at their phones and taking peoples food. I’m basically a seagull with a guitar.

Back
Top Bottom