Announcing the New FM9 Amp Modeler/FX Processor

I hear ya, it’s just that this goes against the modular concept that the FC6/12 support. Now the market for FM3 +FC6 all goes to the FM9.

It seems odd to me.

like I said,I don’t care, I’ll be buying one!
It doesn't...

Some people will still want the FM3 + FC6 (or FC12) as they can have different options for different use cases. The FM3 by itself is half the size of the FM9 which makes it pretty portable.

The FC’s are still needed to support the AxeIII. But it sure does seem like the FM9 will cannibalize the FM3. Which tells me the FM3 wasn’t doing well to begin with.

I was about to buy an FC6 for my FM3 today, and just recently bought the AB Live Gold set. My timing just sux.
You will get the FM9 LiveGold version as an update more than likely. Everyone who buys it now gets both FM3 and III version, so only fair to include FM9 version in next update. I do n’t have an FM9 to check preset compatibility out yet, but should soon.

Does the FM9 contain a fan for active cooling Like FM3?

Update: I see it does, from the manual.

Last edited:
I hear ya, it’s just that this goes against the modular concept that the FC6/12 support. Now the market for FM3 +FC6 all goes to the FM9.

It seems odd to me.

like I said,I don’t care, I’ll be buying one!
it's still modular, just the main piece is bigger, which some people want. keep in mind that some use the Axe3 with FOUR FC-12 controllers all in front of them, and that's still modular as well. i can see a bunch of people using the FM9 with at least one FC12.

I don't think FM9 could/would replace my Axe III for home use cases...

I could use FM9 with my tube amps via 4CM when playing out though, e.g. tube amp is for self monitoring, while sending a parallel with cab sim to FOH. I'd be a killer pedal board, e.g. killer effects and insanely flexible routing.

Congrats Team Fractal on another killer unit!

This looks great!

Can you use this FM9 as a foot controller with the Axe-FX III?

For touring pros that want a foot controller and a backup Axe-FX III, this would be a cool option, if one could do that.

If a power surge happens that smokes your main unit, then one could switch to the FM9 pretty seamlessly without juggling a FASLINK cable if that's the case.

This would be an amazing feature. Is it possible?

I have recieved my FM3 two days ago and now I'm tempted to send it back and wait for the FM9. I like the size and simplicity of the FM3 but the only thing that I'm worried about is the processing power, it hits the limit to quickly. Now I have to decide, size and format vs. power...

Back
Top Bottom