Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack for Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Semi-related question... I want to practice building some presets but how do I set the Controller Switches to be footswitchable? Right now I can only turn them on/off via the amp block but not through my FC6.

Semi-related question... I want to practice building some presets but how do I set the Controller Switches to be footswitchable? Right now I can only turn them on/off via the amp block but not through my FC6.
Watch the Controllers video I did on YouTube for LiveGold, and the zip file in your download has a folder with layouts you can install that pre-assign the CS controllers to an amp layout page so you can use them that way, in a OMG9 config or just an FM3

Watch the Controllers video I did on YouTube for LiveGold, and the zip file in your download has a folder with layouts you can install that pre-assign the CS controllers to an amp layout page so you can use them that way, in a OMG9 config or just an FM3
I use your layout for the OMG9 config but when I hit the CS switches on my FC-6, they're not activating the effects in FM3 edit. Let me check the youtube video now

Edit: Got it now thanks the answer was in the video!

Last edited:
I just bought the live gold pack and so far it is fricking amazing. I don't have a controller and I want to try the changes in the CS but both of the links in the instruction manual for the forumcpost and the YT video link just takes me to Apples home page. Any help would be appreciated. I'm using the AXFX3

I just bought the live gold pack and so far it is fricking amazing. I don't have a controller and I want to try the changes in the CS but both of the links in the instruction manual for the forumcpost and the YT video link just takes me to Apples home page. Any help would be appreciated. I'm using the AXFX3
Glad you love it! The Marshalls sound even better with the CS2 boost engaged.

If you don't have an FC controller for your Axe-Fx III, then you will have to manually use the editor to turn the CS switches on/off by scene.

If you have some other type of controller it is possible to change the CS switches to an external midi CC#.

Not sure why you are getting an Apple page?

The YouTube video that explains how the CS Controllers work is here on my YouTube channel, hope this helps you understand the concept.

(Maybe there is a smart way I haven't had time to think about/ figure out yet, to map the CS controllers to the knobs on the front of the unit ABCDE as performance control, for people who don't have a controller...someone can chime in they know how to do that!)

Glad you love it! The Marshalls sound even better with the CS2 boost engaged.

If you don't have an FC controller for your Axe-Fx III, then you will have to manually use the editor to turn the CS switches on/off by scene.

If you have some other type of controller it is possible to change the CS switches to an external midi CC#.

Not sure why you are getting an Apple page?

The YouTube video that explains how the CS Controllers work is here on my YouTube channel, hope this helps you understand the concept.

(Maybe there is a smart way I haven't had time to think about/ figure out yet, to map the CS controllers to the knobs on the front of the unit ABCDE as performance control, for people who don't have a controller...someone can chime in they know how to do that!)

Thank you very much. I wish I would have bought this pack when I first bought my fractal. They sound great.

Hey AustinBuddy, how does one assign a CS switch to output block volume level? I know how to assign the switch, but would you recommend assigning it to the actual Output block level, amp volume level, or input block volume level? Also, what setting are you physically changing to modify the volume and for it to activate/deactivate upon hitting the switch?

Hey AustinBuddy, how does one assign a CS switch to output block volume level? I know how to assign the switch, but would you recommend assigning it to the actual Output block level, amp volume level, or input block volume level? Also, what setting are you physically changing to modify the volume and for it to activate/deactivate upon hitting the switch?
Where you put this has an effect potentially on the tone. before the amp is different than someplace after the amp. Lots of answers to this question, others can chime in.

So - You just want everything in preset to get louder, like 3db or something, say for a lead?

You can do that in Output 1 block by going to the scene mixer, and you would not need a CS2 boost at all, as one example.

I did not use CS1 assigned on purpose - you could use that. But understand, the more CS switches you have put on a mp block, the more the more it loads it and it can cause crackling - you might have to remove some other CS blocks you don't use (lo cut, saturation, brite switch reverse) to keep the load steady.

B4 Amp:
If you are trying to goose an amp (more drive) and input, the Filter Block does this. No need to use CS block, use Filter block and set the DB boost you want, then turn it on/off..

@Burgs has a trick that is smart and saves your CPU, he uses the Input Block and makes a second channel (B or C) and then raises the level there. SMART!

Inside Amp Block, with CS:

Assuming you don't want to change the tone, just make it louder. Then you could assign a CS switch to the LEVEL. You'd define the initial level, as the min, and the +3db or so as the max level. When you stomp it, amp block gets louder. Be careful though if using Live Gold, because some presets are hot and adding 3db here may get you close to clipping territory.

After Amp Block, with CS:

Anything goes here - million ways to skin this cat. For example, any LEVEL control in a effects block after an amp/cab will work the same way it does in the prior example.

Take Reverb Block if last block. That LEVEL defaults to 0 (zero).

Open reverb block, then go to LEVEL and left click to open modifier window.

For minimum, put 0, then max value, put 3(db) or your choice -- just don't clip the unit!

Pick CS1 to assign to it. Close/save. Now hitting CS1 will activate the 3db boost in this block.

You could also, CPU permitting, add a Volume block right after the Cab block, before the wet effects, or last in the chain, and assign an Exernal pedal to it (or the CS trick) - just assign either pedal or CS to LEVEL. Now when your pedal is back, it's normal, when you push it down, you get extra 3db.

Experiment. Lotsa of ways to do this. Personally? I would prefer a dedicated Lead scene in the preset, using a LiveGold default lead tone, but then adding the extra volume of 3db or so added in the Output 1 Scene mixer - to punch out. Should be enough headroom so it does not clip.

Where you put this has an effect potentially on the tone. before the amp is different than someplace after the amp. Lots of answers to this question, others can chime in.

So - You just want everything in preset to get louder, like 3db or something, say for a lead?

You can do that in Output 1 block by going to the scene mixer, and you would not need a CS2 boost at all, as one example.

I did not use CS1 assigned on purpose - you could use that. But understand, the more CS switches you have put on a mp block, the more the more it loads it and it can cause crackling - you might have to remove some other CS blocks you don't use (lo cut, saturation, brite switch reverse) to keep the load steady.

B4 Amp:
If you are trying to goose an amp (more drive) and input, the Filter Block does this. No need to use CS block, use Filter block and set the DB boost you want, then turn it on/off..

@Burgs has a trick that is smart and saves your CPU, he uses the Input Block and makes a second channel (B or C) and then raises the level there. SMART!

Assuming you don't want to change the tone, just make it louder. Then you could assign a CS switch to the LEVEL. You'd define the initial level, as the min, and the +3db or so as the max level. When you stomp it, amp block gets louder. Be careful though if using Live Gold, because some presets are hot and adding 3db here may get you close to clipping territory.

Anything goes here - million ways to skin this cat. For example, any LEVEL control in a effects block after an amp/cab will work the same way it does in the prior example.

For minimum, put 0, then max value, put 3(db) or your choice -- just don't clip the unit!

Pick CS1 to assign to it. Close/save. Now hitting CS1 will activate the 3db boost in this block.

You could also, CPU permitting, add a Volume block right after the Cab block, before the wet effects, or last in the chain, and assign an Exernal pedal to it (or the CS trick) - just assign either pedal or CS to LEVEL. Now when your pedal is back, it's normal, when you push it down, you get extra 3db.

Experiment. Lotsa of ways to do this. Personally? I would prefer a dedicated Lead scene in the preset, using a LiveGold default lead tone, but then adding the extra volume of 3db or so added in the Output 1 Scene mixer - to punch out. Should be enough headroom so it does not clip.
Awesome info. I don’t want to change the tone and I have a dedicated lead channel but it’s not a lead I can use for all songs. I have a couple scenes that I reserve for some cleaner softer songs and I have my boosts setup but since I hang on your Amp switches layout often I was hoping to somehow get a volume boost going on that page. Instead of having to add an effect and jump back and forth between the effects and amp switch pages. I was hoping to swap out something I don’t frequently use on the amp switches page For whatever my volume boost would be. It’s more or
Less an emergency volume boost

Awesome info. I don’t want to change the tone and I have a dedicated lead channel but it’s not a lead I can use for all songs. I have a couple scenes that I reserve for some cleaner softer songs and I have my boosts setup but since I hang on your Amp switches layout often I was hoping to somehow get a volume boost going on that page. Instead of having to add an effect and jump back and forth between the effects and amp switch pages. I was hoping to swap out something I don’t frequently use on the amp switches page For whatever my volume boost would be. It’s more or
Less an emergency volume boost
Gotcha, makes sense. Since we know CS switches add to amp load, then I'd tie it to the last effect in your signal chain - maybe revert block LEVEL, have CS1 make it go from 0db in that block (min) to 3db or so (max value). Should work!

B4 Amp:

Another approach is to set up a pad to drop level by the desired amount, and remove the pad to 'boost'. This gets around the worry of clipping....

I set up a VolPan block at -4.5dB before the delay/reverb, as my normal volume, and I bump it up to 0dB for leads. It also gives me a volume pedal in every preset. :)

Gotcha, makes sense. Since we know CS switches add to amp load, then I'd tie it to the last effect in your signal chain - maybe revert block LEVEL, have CS1 make it go from 0db in that block (min) to 3db or so (max value). Should work!
Didnt realize I could just swap out one of the controller switches on that layout for an effect. Just swapped it for a Filter block with a dB boost

Big fan of ABuddy's livegold pack, but wanted to mix and match a bit. Copied ABuddys Ch.3 Herbert lead into the hevy Devy preset. My CPU going from 80-85% but hasnt cut out at all yet. Can anyone try this and see if they have any issues. Would be greatly appreciated! If there are no issues I'd like to leave it the same becuase I like the sounds from the effects in this Devy preset.

Attachments

• New Hevy Devy.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
Big fan of ABuddy's livegold pack, but wanted to mix and match a bit. Copied ABuddys Ch.3 Herbert lead into the hevy Devy preset. My CPU going from 80-85% but hasnt cut out at all yet. Can anyone try this and see if they have any issues. Would be greatly appreciated! If there are no issues I'd like to leave it the same becuase I like the sounds from the effects in this Devy preset.
Haven’t loaded this, but would suggest you disconnect any CS controllers attached to amp block that you are not using. Also, you can get some CPU % back by using the Classic noise gate over intelligent, and turning it off…

Haven’t loaded this, but would suggest you disconnect any CS controllers attached to amp block that you are not using. Also, you can get some CPU % back by using the Classic noise gate over intelligent, and turning it off…
Wouldn’t it be smart to have a noise Gate for the Herbert channel 3?

UPDATE:

I've added a "LATEST- JAN.2023" zip file in your "My Downloads" accounts on my website for the Axe-Fx III, FM9, and FM3 with LiveGold Banks 1 and 2 in the zip file, updated to the latest public firmwares.

A fully updated LiveGold with Bank 3 added should be ready by March of 2023 and then put into your downloads account then.

The complete LiveGold for FM9 firmware 3.00 is still available to you as "the Latest/Oct.2022 " in your "My DownLoads" account area.

The FM9 LiveGold is now available on my website. You get this plus the FM3 and Axe-Fx III versions. If you've already bought the FM3 or Axe-FX III LiveGold, just go to my website, login, go to "My Account" and "My Downloads" and download the LiveGold Zip file dated "Latest February 2023." The FM9 LiveGold folder is part of that updated zip file.

--------

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom