Got some guitar hanging rails for the office....

Joe Bfstplk

Axe-Master
Getting started with the next big project: finding an efficient way to hang all my guitars so that they take up less space in my office.
0824212137.jpg

I have two more 4-foot sections of the rail and 8 hangers left to work with. One rail is getting cut in the middle to become two 2-foot pieces, which will be mounted on the outside wall of the closet, right when you come in the door. That should let me hang my acoustic and bass as well as free up a spot in the corner in this pic where I can put a tall skinny lamp, since that corner is kinda dark. My old work computer table will be my new electronics/guitar repair bench, located under the guitars in the pic, once the tripod stand is removed and the guitars on it relocated to the outside wall of the closet....

just a thought... one of those led string lights along the bottom of the rail there? looks good!!
Was already thinking that. Will see what I can find and see how that steers what actually happens. Deffo going to get one of those Japanese-looking square paper-shaded lamps from IKEA for the desk, so that the main body of the lamp will hide behind the guitars and back-light them....

Was already thinking that. Will see what I can find and see how that steers what actually happens. Deffo going to get one of those Japanese-looking square paper-shaded lamps from IKEA for the desk, so that the main body of the lamp will hide behind the guitars and back-light them....
sounds lovely. now you've got me thinking I may need to add back
lighting to my guitars... see what you've done.

I'm probably being thick, but I don't get it. It's a vertical pole that emits light along its whole length? Got a link?
I tried posting the link, but the board's software thought it was media, and it didn't show up. Trying again, without the https and www....

amazon.com/Ankishi-Changing-Lighting-Brightness-Adjustable/dp/B08RYBQK9X

I tried posting the link, but the board's software thought it was media, and it didn't show up. Trying again, without the https and www....

amazon.com/Ankishi-Changing-Lighting-Brightness-Adjustable/dp/B08RYBQK9X
Thanks, interesting.

Did you get one/some?

If you do, let me know how it works out.

Is it your impression that it can do plain white, enough to be the actual light in a room? I know rooms and people are different, but roughly.

It can do 16M colors, including #FFFFFF (white). Will see how it lights the room when it arrives tonight. :)
It arrived this afternoon.

Assembled and installed in minutes. Not super bright, so will likely be an accent lamp rather than a general lighting lamp. May try to find some LED 'rope lights' to go along the hanger rails.

Will see tonight if the light is bright enough or not....

Back
Top Bottom