Spillover Issue

bread

Power User
I am using a delay in a scene in one preset but if I change to another preset when the delay tails are tailing off from the previous one, I get a very noticeable "bump" in volume for one delay when the new preset is engaged.

I'm sure this is to do with the spillover (configured as "both" on my machine) but its quite annoying. All my serial delays are set to "thru" and parallel set to "mute in".

any ideas why this is happening please ?

Compare all the settings between the delay in the both presets. If they are not set the same, it will not sound the same. For example, if the mix is low in one preset and high in the other, the delay level will jump up when changing presets.

Watching with great interest. I've had the same problem from day 1 (2015) with both delay and reverb. I've learned to live with it but would love a definitive solution or explanation of why this happens to hopefully find a better solution.

Only solution I've found, within a preset, using the same Delay or Reverb model in another block, switching between the two in scenes. If different delays/reverbs are needed in other presets, I need to carefully plan when switching, make sure nothing is played a measure before changing, or have the delay/reverb blocks disengaged in the next preset.

Even with the block(s) off, if the feedback/time is high enough in the new preset, the trails are heard when turning them on.

I just bypassed the delays in the preset I am changing to and it still happens. So without a preset with an active delay this shouldn't happen right ?

Depends on the bypass mode. Mute Out and Mute FX Out will stop the delays trails in the new preset. The other modes will let the tails ring out.

Last edited:
For delay and reverb tails to spill over and ring out naturally and consistently, the blocks must be set up exactly the same in both presets. Any changes to either block's setup will be reflected in the tails when you change presets.

It would be good if spillover didn't apply to preset changes. In my case anyway

You can turn it off in the global settings menu. Your delay and reverb tails will continue to ring out when changing scenes and bypassing blocks in a single preset.

Last edited:
I have a question here, when I load a delay in my preset and turn the delay off there is no trail no spillover. I set the spillover to delay only and still nothing. Can this be done, how?

I have a question here, when I load a delay in my preset and turn the delay off there is no trail no spillover. I set the spillover to delay only and still nothing. Can this be done, how?
I found it, seems this could of been easier but it works

My issue is now similar but in reverse.
when changing scenes where if i go to a cleaner amp different channel different scene... more effects activated different channels for alot of the effects,there is this strange tiny cutout in sound then a noticeably larger echo as the next scene comes. Even iflevels are not matched properly why would there be an initial burst in delays and reverbs in the newly activated scene? One would think they would come in as a normally activated reverb and delay.

My issue is now similar but in reverse.
when changing scenes where if i go to a cleaner amp different channel different scene... more effects activated different channels for alot of the effects,there is this strange tiny cutout in sound then a noticeably larger echo as the next scene comes. Even iflevels are not matched properly why would there be an initial burst in delays and reverbs in the newly activated scene? One would think they would come in as a normally activated reverb and delay.
Check your bypass settings. Also, if the delay is on in both scenes but just changes channels between scenes, there will be some difference, but if, say, the delay block is off (or just really subtle) in one scene and then dramatic in another, there will be a jarring difference.

Back
Top Bottom