Guitar speakers vs F12-X200?

I tried an X200 and liked it, but I had it in a 1x12 cab. I’m totally addicted to 4x12’s I think… I’m considering loading mine with X200’s..

I’ve had quite the journey buying and selling gear before I stumbled onto Fractal and was fully converted.

Do you guys prefer the X200 over your favorite guitar speaker?

Is the X200 it’s own type of thing (I know it’s got a tweeter), or would a ‘clean’ guitar speaker accomplish a similar task, but be more of a genuine guitar cab experience? I was thinking of something like the eminence speaker that’s inside the Valvettain Powertrain. It’s described as clean, and to reproduce the sound you put into it.

Thoughts?

I built two f12-x200 celestion spec 1x12 cabs....love them. Run them in stereo. Instant stank face soloing experience.

I plan on building two more and stacking them.....can't recommend them enough.

I have a Matrix GT1000FX-1U on the way... still trying to decide if I want to go for two 1x12 cabs or one 4x12 cab. 4x12 seems damn tempting to be honest, but two 1x12 in stereo is also cool.
Technically in my 4x12 cab, I am running stereo, its just really really close stereo :). I may have to get another 4x12 cab if I want to run true stereo

Seymour Duncan PowerStage 700
Hi @golfski . Did you had to to do something special to get them sound good? I put two F12-X200 in one 2x12 cab and used a SeymourDuncan PowerStage 700 as poweramp and sound really bad. The are some unwanted frequencies that make this combination sound pretty ugly.

I tried the PowerStage with other source (Torpedo Captor X processed signal) and sound good. Also tried the F12-X200 with other amp (BlueGuitar Amp 1) and the Axe Fx-III and also sound good, but the most wanted combination that I need to make work with the Axe Fx-III + PS700 + F12-X200 sounds pretty bad.

Ultimately I make them work in an acceptable way adding equalization to the output 1, removing almost all mid frequencies and boosting low frequencies, but its not the same quality and infidelity that I can get from the Axe Fx-III with studio monitors.

Please let me know if there is some known issue and workaround, trick, or some ideas to solve it in a more professional way.

Thank you in advance.

Hi @golfski . Did you had to to do something special to get them sound good? I put two F12-X200 in one 2x12 cab and used a SeymourDuncan PowerStage 700 as poweramp and sound really bad. The are some unwanted frequencies that make this combination sound pretty ugly.

I tried the PowerStage with other source (Torpedo Captor X processed signal) and sound good. Also tried the F12-X200 with other amp (BlueGuitar Amp 1) and the Axe Fx-III and also sound good, but the most wanted combination that I need to make work with the Axe Fx-III + PS700 + F12-X200 sounds pretty bad.

Ultimately I make them work in an acceptable way adding equalization to the output 1, removing almost all mid frequencies and boosting low frequencies, but its not the same quality and infidelity that I can get from the Axe Fx-III with studio monitors.

Please let me know if there is some known issue and workaround, trick, or some ideas to solve it in a more professional way.

Thank you in advance.
Iirc; the input stage of the Duncan's get overdriven very easily. Try turning down the level coming from the FAS.

Back
Top Bottom