Most over-produced/mixed guitar tones you love?

Billbill

Power User
A song, band, or guitarist you love that doesn't for the life of you ever make you NOT want to listen, but as a guitarist, you hear an incredibly over produced guitars tracks? Who is it? REMEMBER, this still sounds amazing and it's NOT necessarily bad. I have one and it's my all time fav band that's even tattooed on me lol, one of their albums has such an over produced guitar tone AND album in general but still is one of my favorite tones ever. I just know them killer tones just aren't possible in the "real" world unless you have an AxeFx bahahaha. Yeah I'm talkin to you Mr. Raskulinecz. That dude is seriously incredible!! Back to the question...???

Even Steve Lukather has a sense of humor about some of his stuff. He'd had a Bob Bradshaw rig and would go to the studio and the producer would want him to "turn it all on".

Even Steve Lukather has a sense of humor about some of his stuff. He'd had a Bob Bradshaw rig and would go to the studio and the producer would want him to "turn it all on".

What a cool cat. He has such an entertaining personality and clearly doesn't take his
genius as seriously as so many others do.

The end of this one off the '92 Toto album 'Kingdom of Desire' always made me laugh, in a self-gratifying over-the-top sorta way. I'm sure he did the same. :)

The end of this one off the '92 Toto album 'Kingdom of Desire' always made me laugh, in a self-gratifying over-the-top sorta way. I'm sure he did the same. :)

Ha Ha! Good one!
I was watching an interview with him (he's very entertaining BTW). He referred to himself as the "poster boy" for over produced guitar parts. He added though that that was what was wanted at the time.

Back
Top Bottom