How are you amplifying FM3 for home use/practice?

Interesting that mostly people use the fm3 with an additional audio interface rather than just the fm3 as an audio interface. Is rhe quality and sound/capabilities of the fm3 as a dedicated audio interface lacking?
Nope. It's great. Just old folks like me have been doing things a certain way for decades and , well, just used to and happy with it.

Interesting that mostly people use the fm3 with an additional audio interface rather than just the fm3 as an audio interface. Is rhe quality and sound/capabilities of the fm3 as a dedicated audio interface lacking?
why use an additional a i, if the fm3 's is that good .fm3 with steinberg 's wavelab .perfect for practicing and playing along.
IF Is good enough for me, I'm getting some good recordings and the functionality is smooth for my situation

I run a pair of JBL LSR 305 monitors at my desk I f I want to play loud guitar, I plug in the Alto TS212. If I want to play loud bass, I also add the EV EKX15SP - a 1300W sub. The sub is rarely necessary, but it can be fun!

FM3 output 1 directly into a pair of headrush frfr 108.

Please elaborate if you dont mind...

I am interested in your settings. Could you tell me, say: Your favorite preset, HR 108s volume levels (X O'clock) Fm3 Volume Level (X'O Clock)

I want to hear what you hear and go from there, as I am new to this

Thank you in advance

I use studio monitors. Currently, Event ASP8.

I used to connect them directly to Output 1, but I use the same speakers for my Axe-FX III, other Fractal products, computer, the occasional keyboard and such, so I run all those devices through a mixer first.
Which mixer?

when recording - direct and then monitoring with some cheapy JBL monitors

when practicing - Matrix FR12

sometimes I also use my Custom Line Thunder 99 to a pair of NL212's (cab sims off of course)

FM3 output 1 to stereo HeadRush FRFR108s that set aside my workstation.

My preferred preset is a 1987X amp (clean) with 4x10 Bassguy M160 cab, with added Studio FF Comp, TS808 Mod overdrive (Channel B), Face Fuzz (Channel C), & Plex Drive in parallel to the signal path.

FM3 output levels currently set to 9 or 9:30, FRFR108s set to 6 (on a scale of 10).

Last edited:
Reactions: Jt.
For home use I use an HR 1x12. I go from FM3 output 1 (set to sum L+R), output 1 dial set to max, HR1x12 volume set to taste, no contour. If everybody is home I just usually set the 1x2 to around 9 O'clock. If no one is home sky is the limit. ;)

Please elaborate if you dont mind...

I am interested in your settings. Could you tell me, say: Your favorite preset, HR 108s volume levels (X O'clock) Fm3 Volume Level (X'O Clock)

I want to hear what you hear and go from there, as I am new to this

Thank you in advance
hi , the fm3 is set to 12.00 (noon) xlr cables to the 2 speakers . at home , i set the lev of the 108 to 2-3 . in the practicing room i use 1 of the speakers as a monitor . ( we have in ear but it's good to have a plan B ) . i'm mostly using my jp15 . got a older classic suhr ,sounds very nice too.
i put in 2 presets try it out .

Attachments

• SUHR TTTT.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
  • TINU TTT.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
hi , the fm3 is set to 12.00 (noon) xlr cables to the 2 speakers . at home , i set the lev of the 108 to 2-3 . in the practicing room i use 1 of the speakers as a monitor . ( we have in ear but it's good to have a plan B ) . i'm mostly using my jp15 . got a older classic suhr ,sounds very nice too.
i put in 2 presets try it out .
Thank you for this. I appreciate it

I use the FM3 as an audio interface if I am travelling, it works great for that purpose.
At my studio I have everything wired up through my RME UFX+, it's got 188 channels of I/O, you can't really compare the FM3 to that :)

Back
Top Bottom