How are you amplifying FM3 for home use/practice?

vejichan

Inspired
What are you doing to amplify your fm3 when you are home for practice/recording? please advise and explain exactly what you are using and how you are connecting everything. Thank you.

I use studio monitors. Currently, Event ASP8.

I used to connect them directly to Output 1, but I use the same speakers for my Axe-FX III, other Fractal products, computer, the occasional keyboard and such, so I run all those devices through a mixer first.

Last edited:
Studio monitors here as well; Focal Alpha 65's. I run the Axe III's L and R Output 1 into an Audient iD14 interface to the monitors.

Last edited:
FM3 Out 1 and 2 to a Tascam mixer and then feeding a pair of Kali LP6 monitors during the day.
FM3 Out 2 to an FX Return of a Tube amp during the night.

I also own a Headrush 1-12 and am going to explore other options for live, loud volume use apart
from those I have already tried.

Last edited:
I used studio monitors for a while. These days I am running my FM3 output 2 into a Quilter Tone Block 202 (in FRFR mode) into a 1x12 closed-back cabinet with a Creamback speaker. If I want to record, I use USB.

For home: Adam A5X studio monitors.
If I'm bringing my own PA, I have a pair of Yorkville NX25P speakers.
Otherwise I just use whatever PA is available, it sounds fine through most that I've tried.

For recording Its A7X with a sub, and For reminding the neighbors I play, its the Laney 2x12 FRFR Cab

Nice Thread, good to see what us Fractonians use

I run the output of my FM3 to the Coax input of a Topping D90 DAC/preamp. That goes into a Topping A90 amp which feed a pair of Presonus Sceptre S8s. Everything has the power plugged into a smart plug which I control by saying "Alexa turn the speakers on/off" which turns everything on or off as needed.

Output 1 to Adam A7X monitors. Output 2 to Atomic Neo CLR MkII. I usually just use the monitors. The CLR is there for when I really feel the need to move some air.

Interesting that mostly people use the fm3 with an additional audio interface rather than just the fm3 as an audio interface. Is rhe quality and sound/capabilities of the fm3 as a dedicated audio interface lacking?

Studio Monitors with a 12 Channel Mixer. Makes monitoring so easy.
FM3 to audio Interface. Out of Audio interface to Mixer. Main outs of mixer goto Studio Monitors. Been playing and recording\mixing like this for decades.................Of course Fractal stuff started around 2009............

why use an additional a i, if the fm3 's is that good .fm3 with steinberg 's wavelab .perfect for practicing and playing along.

Interesting that mostly people use the fm3 with an additional audio interface rather than just the fm3 as an audio interface. Is rhe quality and sound/capabilities of the fm3 as a dedicated audio interface lacking?
Interesting that you concluded that most people are using a separate audio interface. ;) I don’t see the evidence for that in this thread or elsewhere.

The built in interface is killer. You’d be hard-pressed to find a better one

I use my RCF FRFR monitor, the same I use on gigs. I want to dial in tones at the volume I play live.

Back
Top Bottom