Acoustic Sim preset?

Arek

Is there a preset somewhere that will make an electric guitar (no piezo) sound like an acoustic?

Those on the forum are for acoustic or piezo equiped guitars.

I made a commercial pack for this. No demo for the FM3 version but here's the Axe 3 one :

It has presets for many electric guitar models, Strat, Tele, Les Paul, SG, superstrats etc

112 acoustic simulation presets for $30…….but I only need one that will work with Jackson Adrian Smith guitar. I guess the superstrat will be what I need.
I don’t like buying those packages. Seems like good deal: “one billion presets for $1000, but you only are gonna use 10 in your life time”
Like cable ATV company.

Sell me one for $1. Thats all I need.

112 acoustic simulation presets for $30…….but I only need one that will work with Jackson Adrian Smith guitar. I guess the superstrat will be what I need.
I don’t like buying those packages. Seems like good deal: “one billion presets for $1000, but you only are gonna use 10 in your life time”
Like cable ATV company.

I hear you with the package deal comparison. What you have to realize about these vendors is that there is A LOT of work involved in what they do. Fremen, Austin, Moke, Marco Fanton, and any other reputable ones I missed do this as their job (or at least part of it).

It would be very difficult for them to make a living by selling $1 worth of presets. Bottom line, it's capitalism. If the market supports it...

Like cable ATV company.

What a nonsense ... It's a pack so you can try and select the one that works the best for you. That's the only way. People put time and effort in creating them. Do you work for $1 per hour?

I hear you with the package deal comparison. What you have to realize about these vendors is that there is A LOT of work involved in what they do. Fremen, Austin, Moke, Marco Fanton, and any other reputable ones I missed do this as their job (or at least part of it).

It would be very difficult for them to make a living by selling $1 worth of presets. Bottom line, it's capitalism. If the market supports it...
And thats why I don’t buy packages - because of the useless (to me) stuff.
I do recognize that there is work involved and want to pay for portion of work that I need.
Why pay for 10hrs of work if I only need 15min?
I am not trying to change it, just use my wallet to support it - or not.

What a nonsense ... It's a pack so you can try and select the one that works the best for you. That's the only way. People put time and effort in creating them. Do you work for $1 per hour?
No, but I don’t get paid producing something I was not asked to do.
Try it at work. Spend one hour making origami at work and ask to get paid because it relaxes you and makes you more efficient for the rest of the day.

Is there a preset somewhere that will make an electric guitar (no piezo) sound like an acoustic?

Those on the forum are for acoustic or piezo equiped guitars.
Try the jp 2c+ presets from axe change. There equipped with an acoustic scene. Worth a try.

Just my opinion that you should be more open using this forum. The reactions are to help you out, as none are forcing you. If the answer doesn't suite you, just move on brother.

Cheers

i know i expect to be paid for the work I do at my job so i don't expect someone else to work for free. You can buy it or not. No one is forcing anyone to do anything. Give it a try to make your own presets and share them for free all you want, but some of us appreciate and compensate some of the folks here for doing all figuring out for us to just plug and play

I made a commercial pack for this. No demo for the FM3 version but here's the Axe 3 one :

It has presets for many electric guitar models, Strat, Tele, Les Paul, SG, superstrats etc

sounds great!
Still on AxeFX2 though. But seems like you have a pack for that too...

I do. And the one for AX8 is free - but the one one for Axe 2 sounds better, because of the tonematch block

Fremen and all,

Thank you, the sounds are very good. Envy you living in Mauritius! We have a somewhat established band sound and probably need to to try to make some thing up that sounds like our albums as close as we can. We are very new to this and it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks! HA

Rob

Here are two samples of an older song and newer one using acoustic guitars we would like to program this unit to play live using electric guitar.
I think we want to have one preset that we can use for a whole set and modify that preset to have one scene be the clean acoustic sound the other being; a couple of rhythms, a couple of leads, and an acoustic sounding scene. We have 3 or 4 songs like those below and pretty optimistic that we can get something that works or at least closer than a standard clean sound. Not plugging the band (which I am sure none of you have heard!) just wanted anyone in this thread to see what we are aiming for.

By the way this is not about money. I think the band wishes we could pay someone to program the whole enchilada, but being working musicians we have not played a show in 2 years, and we want to dive into this new tech after decades of pedal boxes!

Last edited:
Fremen and all,

Thank you, the sounds are very good. Envy you living in Mauritius! We have a somewhat established band sound and probably need to to try to make some thing up that sounds like our albums as close as we can. We are very new to this and it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks! HA

Rob

Here are two samples of an older song and newer one using acoustic guitars we would like to program this unit to play live using electric guitar.
I think we want to have one preset that we can use for a whole set, and modify that preset to have one scene be the clean acoustic sound. We have 3 or 4 songs like those below and pretty optimistic that we can get something that works or at least closer than a standard clean sound. Not plugging the band (which I am sure none of you have heard!) just wanted anyone in this thread to see what we are aiming for.

Send me a stem of the acoustic guitar sound and I'll make a preset for you

Back
Top Bottom