Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack for Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
I'm wondering if anyone has, or has thought about, putting together a "map" from artist and songs to specific presets in Live Gold that have worked well for them. There are several awesome examples already in the preset pack, but I'm wondering what else users have come across. I'm a casual user, so close is plenty good enough - I'm not looking for a perfect match for a recording. Rather, say I'm going to play some songs by Brad Paisley, then some Aerosmith, then some Stray Cats, then some blues rock, etc.. it'd be great to have a quick reference to get to the usable stock presets right away. I'm sure it's all in there, but being a fairly new user, finding things is still a challenge for me. Thanks!
No one made any entries into the online version. Here are the link to the post where you can get the AF3 Firmware 15.1 list for PC and Mac;
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...6-04-update-now-available.164305/post-2030320
Here is copy to the online version I took down due to lack of interest. I only made 3 entries and it's pre Cygnus of course.
Cheers

Last edited:
No one made any entries into the online version. Here are the link to the post where you can get the AF3 Firmware 15.1 list for PC and Mac;
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...6-04-update-now-available.164305/post-2030320
Here is copy to the online version I took down due to lack of interest. I only made 3 entries and it's pre Cygnus of course.
Cheers

This is the idea I was wondering about. Thanks for replying. I figure I'll press on learning what I can, and if I find myself collecting data that seems potentially valuable I'll share it. Cheers!

This is the idea I was wondering about. Thanks for replying. I figure I'll press on learning what I can, and if I find myself collecting data that seems potentially valuable I'll share it. Cheers!
@CipherHost - I would suggest that rather than here in a vendor thread in the middle of it, you guys start a new thread for this in the unit presets area, with link to whatever tracking document you want everyone to access. Then people can comment as they add things to the list?

It's not a pitch for a vendor, it's more of a cheat sheet on what vendor (LiveGold) presets you find help you get what sounds. That's what people are looking for. In next few weeks if I have some time I'll try to populate a few of them.

In Live Gold I DO label some preset SCENES pretty clearly what I think they sound like, so that may be useful....

Last edited:
@CipherHost - I would suggest that rather than here in a vendor thread in the middle of it, you guys start a new thread for this in the unit presets area, with link to whatever tracking document you want everyone to access. Then people can comment as they add things to the list?

It's not a pitch for a vendor, it's more of a cheat sheet on what vendor (LiveGold) presets you find help you get what sounds. That's what people are looking for. In next few weeks if I have some time I'll try to populate a few of them.

In Live Gold I DO label some preset SCENES pretty clearly what I think they sound like, so that may be useful....
Sure thing, I'll start a thread when I get something worthwhile. And yes, the scenes you have labeled are really great, many thanks! I've used them often. I just just used one of the AC/DC scenes the other day and it was one click and there it was - I sounded just like them... well, the guitar tone, anyway. :)

In the July update of the TonePack the layout files are missing - "FM3 Layouts - Not yet Available for Public FW4.x - Bug Issue Fractal must fix first".
Does anyone know exactly what the issue is? I rely on a modded version of the FW3.x layouts and don't like surprises :)

In the July update of the TonePack the layout files are missing - "FM3 Layouts - Not yet Available for Public FW4.x - Bug Issue Fractal must fix first".
Does anyone know exactly what the issue is? I rely on a modded version of the FW3.x layouts and don't like surprises :)
Try the older provided layout (or better yet, the one you saved for yourself). It should work. Some people reported issues with IMG9 and FM3 to me, but they seem to not be universal, and mine works fine on Fw 3 and Fw4. One thing, on a firmware reset, you need ot make sure in global FC settings that the correct "Master Layout page" (I think it's 8) is set right. A new firmware install sometimes can re-set that value and people think the layout is wrong, when in fact it just changed the Maser Layout page assignment. Set it back and good to go. Let us know?

Starting to play around more and more with manipulating my clean or light crunch channels with the Amp Boost switch and Saturation switch. Using both simultaneously and separately can just give you a lot of options. For the saturation CS, what do you all think is too much? What exactly does it do In terms of eq? Also, is the Fat Switch modifiable in any way?

With the OMG9, currently a hold press on any switch on the FC-6 when in scene mode will only toggle CS2. is there a way I can globally have a long press on say FC-6 switch 1 toggle the drive block on/off, or delay on/off?

With the OMG9, currently a hold press on any switch on the FC-6 when in scene mode will only toggle CS2. is there a way I can globally have a long press on say FC-6 switch 1 toggle the drive block on/off, or delay on/off?
Sure. Just go into the FootControllers and in the preset or scene mode for “Hold” replace the boost/(kicker coil actually) with that ever you want in Hold. Then copy and paste that to the other switches.

Starting to play around more and more with manipulating my clean or light crunch channels with the Amp Boost switch and Saturation switch. Using both simultaneously and separately can just give you a lot of options. For the saturation CS, what do you all think is too much? What exactly does it do In terms of eq? Also, is the Fat Switch modifiable in any way?
Saturation is tied to the Saturation Drive amount, which is adjustable, and the higher the value, the louder the effect (too much and you can clip).

It is basically about preamp tube saturation and using it sort of “smears” the sound, which can be good or bad, depending on what tone you are going for. Not something ai would use on modern metal sounds (although there are no rules!!!) But it can work great on Marshalls. Some amps default with it on, like some Camerons.

Saturation is tied to the Saturation Drive amount, which is adjustable, and the higher the value, the louder the effect (too much and you can clip).

It is basically about preamp tube saturation and using it sort of “smears” the sound, which can be good or bad, depending on what tone you are going for. Not something ai would use on modern metal sounds (although there are no rules!!!) But it can work great on Marshalls. Some amps default with it on, like some Camerons.
Yeah I’m talking specifically your XTC Rig. I find I don’t always need the Euro red channel for lead because it can be a bit much for pop/dance tunes my band covers. I usually like sticking with the scene 2 “Plexi” or scene 4 with the blue channel w/klon and then using AmpBoost and Saturation to get different lead sounds or ways to cut through when needed that aren’t so “gain-y”. So just trying to mess with different options like the Saturation controller. Can you change/edit anything with the FatBoost?

Yeah I’m talking specifically your XTC Rig. I find I don’t always need the Euro red channel for lead because it can be a bit much for pop/dance tunes my band covers. I usually like sticking with the scene 2 “Plexi” or scene 4 with the blue channel w/klon and then using AmpBoost and Saturation to get different lead sounds or ways to cut through when needed that aren’t so “gain-y”. So just trying to mess with different options like the Saturation controller. Can you change/edit anything with the FatBoost?
Not for Fat Boost. That is hardwired into the firmware, it is either On or Off. You can change the amount of CS2 boos though by amp channel.

Just browsing and updating to the July release banks - I noticed preset "Lead 1 FAS (w/Grnbacks) -c" in FM3_Cygnus4.x_LiveGold_Bank_3.syx is blank -has this already been reported as a bug?

1628194334245.png

Just browsing and updating to the July release banks - I noticed preset "Lead 1 FAS (w/Grnbacks) -c" in FM3_Cygnus4.x_LiveGold_Bank_3.syx is blank -has this already been reported as a bug?

View attachment 86793
What firmware version are you on?

Preset was made, should be there. But I did have to load a unreleased beta firmware at one point, and if that preset got saved under that, then that preset will be blank until the next firmware then it should show up. Try reloading it maybe using preset manager?

Anyone else having this issue?

What firmware version are you on?

Preset was made, should be there. But I did have to load a unreleased beta firmware at one point, and if that preset got saved under that, then that preset will be blank until the next firmware then it should show up. Try reloading it maybe using preset manager?

Anyone else having this issue?

I’m on the latest firmware 4.0. I tried reloading the preset from the file and it was still blank.

I’m on the latest firmware 4.0. I tried reloading the preset from the file and it was still blank.
Any others blank? And refreshed preset names (circular wheel at top left in preset manager?)

Anyone else see this? First have heard of it. I can look this weekend.

Any others blank? And refreshed preset names (circular wheel at top left in preset manager?)

Anyone else see this? First have heard of it. I can look this weekend.
Can confirm "Lead 1 FAS (w/Grnbacks) -c" is blank. Looking at others... everything else in the FM3 batch seems to be fine.

Last edited:
Can confirm "Lead 1 FAS (w/Grnbacks) -c" is blank. Looking at others... everything else in the FM3 batch seems to be fine.
Checked -- You guys @blaggers and @Greg Ferguson are correct. Thanks for the catch!

I have a fix, see below.

But - this is peculiar. The Axe-Fx III Live Gold version of preset is fine (not blank). I made these on Axe-Fx III, then I port the AX3 Cygnus versions into the FM3 for that version. So, it should have come over fine. Really odd that it did not and came over blank. Have no explanation.

So here is your work around, to restore the "blank" FM3 FAS 1 Lead (w/GrnBcks) preset:

Go to the Axe-Fx III version of Bank 3 included in your original zip file. Because that one is still good.

Use your FM3-Edit TOOLS> Preset Manager to open up that Axe-Fx III Bank 3 LiveGold (this is the left side browser in preset manager - you may have to click Show/Hide it from that left side browser menu to make the browser window open).

Then from browser menu, click BANK and OPEN. Point to the Axe-Fx III LiveGold Bank 3. It will read and load those 128 presets/

Once you import the full bank into the left side browser, then find the FAS Lead 1 (w/Grnbcks) preset in the bank list in browser (left window). You may have to scroll down to find it.

Now - once you see it, highlight it with a click, then drag the preset over into the existing FAS Lead 1 FM3 slot in right window (onto your FM3 memory), where your existing blank "FAS 1 Lead" version is now, to overwrite it.

Click SAVE

It should copy over and show up just fine. It will automatically drop the Outs 3 and 4 that Axe-Fx III version had.

You can delete the extra shunt coming off the amp (which went to Out3 for AX3).

I just did it on my FM and it worked fine.

Thanks, ya'll let me know if you'll find other issues, appreciate the help!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom