Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.05

Does anybody know how to copy "Modidiers" from one preset to another? I have ALOT of modifiers on most presets for studio use and I use 2xFC12 + 1x Fc6 with other pedals and switches so that I can easily modify and control on the fly. The problem is when it comes to programming them all per preset it is a HUGE amount of time for about 85 presets and lots if redundant work. I had it all dialed in for v15_ now w v16.5 I have ALOT more to do again & wanted to ask the AXE FX braintrust to see if there was an easier way In AXE EDIT?

If there was a way to copy & paste them from preset to preset I could then just go back and tweak settings for each preset afterwards, which would save days worth of work.

Just thought I would inquire since you all seem to be pretty knowledgeable about AXE FX III.

I appreciate your KIND help have a GREAT DAY!

Does anybody know how to copy "Modidiers" from one preset to another? I have ALOT of modifiers on most presets for studio use and I use 2xFC12 + 1x Fc6 with other pedals and switches so that I can easily modify and control on the fly. The problem is when it comes to programming them all per preset it is a HUGE amount of time for about 85 presets and lots if redundant work. I had it all dialed in for v15_ now w v16.5 I have ALOT more to do again & wanted to ask the AXE FX braintrust to see if there was an easier way In AXE EDIT?

If there was a way to copy & paste them from preset to preset I could then just go back and tweak settings for each preset afterwards, which would save days worth of work.

Just thought I would inquire since you all seem to be pretty knowledgeable about AXE FX III.

Modifiers

Modifiers are copied with the blocks when you cut and paste them. They're also stored with the blocks when you save the blocks to your block library. So you can either save the blocks to your block library and then build new presets from the block library. Or cut and paste blocks between presets.

If you use the same modifiers and blocks in every preset consider saving a template in Axe-Edit and starting all new presets from the template. The template could even be a non-functional preset: every block you usually use, with the modifiers set up, but nothing connected with wires or even in any particular arrangement.

You could also look into where FracTool can help. It can copy various kinds of info around, but I'm not a frequent user, so I don't know the details.

Modifiers are copied with the blocks when you cut and paste them. They're also stored with the blocks when you save the blocks to your block library. So you can either save the blocks to your block library and then build new presets from the block library. Or cut and paste blocks between presets.

If you use the same modifiers and blocks in every preset consider saving a template in Axe-Edit and starting all new presets from the template. The template could even be a non-functional preset: every block you usually use, with the modifiers set up, but nothing connected with wires or even in any particular arrangement.
Thank you for your help.

Due to many of my presets using different blocks for different reverb, delay, modulation effects etc... I am not sure that there is any option except to build up block libraries which over time will help for the future & I will begin doing that...but to resolve the issue quickly I guess I have to do it the hard way for my roughly 85 presets.

I mainly use existing FRACTAL presets as a starting point and tweak them.

I wish AXE EDIT had the ability to select individual or group modifiers and be able to cut & paste them in and out of presets, it would be very helpful.

I was a litle Leary of v16... Because I loved v 15_ but am glad I made the move and am happy to do the work if necessary because the AXE FX III is the most significant development in audio ever. Hopefully they can add the (CUT & paste) modifier ability soon.

Thank u all!

I must have forgotten. I just don't remember setting that for each preset but obviously I must have since I built dozens of presets. Better memory next time. Thanks for the help.
You’re not the only one. I’ve had that one bite me a few times when making unusually long preset strings, leaving me scratching me head. I usually start with a stock preset and modify from there so it isn’t an issue. After this thread, I don’t think I’ll ever forget it again. But after 50 CRS digs it’s heels in, so you never know. Arrrrrgh.

On topic; Marshall Valvestate, joking/not joking, I'm a early 90's metal kinda guy. Loved the contour knob. I'll get my coat...
Try the JMP-1 (a mostly solid state Marshall design just like the valvestate)

Any artist who did use the 8100 and wanted to use Marshall still would most likely switch to the earlier DSL100 or the JVM series and never look back.

Valvestate isn’t a bad amp but the other amps are all better in pretty much every regard.

Back
Top Bottom