Movie Review: Tenet

No idea have not seen yet but is it possible to be worse than Owen Wilson in Bliss? now that is a WTF... How do I get my wasted time back?

I always treat Nolan’s movie as sitting in and listening to a PhD dissertation with no idea of the topic, but with great music playing in the background.

it all depends on you as to what you want to make of the experience.

LOL on the reviews. That said, I like the core concept that if the ability to reverse entropy / flow of time existed in the future, and we'd jacked up the planet so bad that civilization would eventually have no choice but to reverse entropy of the planet, what are the implications of that, and how would those events play out? There's probably a better story telling method than migraine-induction, but it's an interesting premise

LOL on the reviews. That said, I like the core concept that if the ability to reverse entropy / flow of time existed in the future, and we'd jacked up the planet so bad that civilization would eventually have no choice but to reverse entropy of the planet, what are the implications of that, and how would those events play out? There's probably a better story telling method than migraine-induction, but it's an interesting premise
Kinda boo on the reveal for those who haven't seen it, like me. Yes of course there's more, but still.

Kinda boo on the reveal for those who haven't seen it, like me. Yes of course there's more, but still.
Trust me when I say it's not a boo. The big reveal that we jacked up planet and the future had to turn back is actually mumbled in passing and VERY easy to miss. Everything that happens, happens as a reaction to that. Without that premise in your mind, you'll get lost...just like all the reviewers did. The bigger reveal/boo is the timeline map that someone posted. If you want the movie to be a mystery and a challenge to follow, I recommend avoiding that map -- but keep in mind all the chaos is happening as a result of actions taken against that future crisis.

Watch Loki instead for a much more entertaining dip into timelines and other quantum frivolities. ..
I had to give up on Tenet within the first half hour of it, just unwatchable.

The whole premise is dumb. There are so many holes and plot flaws that you simply can't argue the movie is anything but an incoherent mess.
Pretty much....I can't believe the same guy did interstellar which is one of my all time favorite scifi flicks. Tenet was just a horribly executed cluster fuck that literally took me two days to finish because I couldn't stomach more than 15min at a time.

Watch Loki instead for a much more entertaining dip into timelines and other quantum frivolities. ..
I had to give up on Tenet within the first half hour of it, just unwatchable.
Loki was great! Now that's a time cop story done right.

Long time ago I watched Memento with some other folks. I loved it, but not everyone did, some had no idea what actually happened. I wasn't 100% positive, but sure enough to really enjoy it, and how interesting the story was, and how interestingly it was told.

I haven't seen Inception, Interstellar, or Tenet, which I should fix.
I remember Memento... I really enjoyed it... Tenet on the other hand, well it wasn't for me.

It gave me the thinky pain.
iu

Back
Top Bottom