Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy LedZ "BRIT ROCK ROYALTY #1" TonePack for Cygnus X2 available!

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
I just bought the "Brit Rock Royalty" Tonepack. Looking forward to checking it out tonight.
I am also reworking some of these for the III as I do the FM3 - and they will be even better and yet even more realistic to album when I am done.
Will let ya’ll know. It is taking longer than I thought to do. Maybe two weeks.

I am also reworking some of these for the III as I do the FM3 - and they will be even better and yet even more realistic to album when I am done.
Will let ya’ll know. It is taking longer than I thought to do. Maybe two weeks.

I just tried out a couple of your presets from the 1st album and they sound really good with my Jimmy Page Telecaster.

A few of you guys have been giving me really good feedback on the Cygnus update for the III, what's right, what's maybe off. @trancegodz has been really helpful with some track specific stuff.

I realized I had dialed all these in on Atomic NEO CLRs back in firmware 6.x originally...and things have evolved a good bit since then.

I'm now using these amazing ATC 25 monitors and am hearing stuff I've never heard before on these tracks. So I am going to REDO the Cygnus version of these (and I'm still doin a pared-down version for the FM3).

Already I can hear improvements for first album "One" as I A/B tones to it. I am also adding some Scenes as I go and fixing errors from the past.

So this is a long way of me saying, I'm on this, there is going to up an even further IMPROVED Cygnus version of this Brit Rock Royalty #1 TonePack coming later in August, and I'm probably going to need 3-4 weeks of careful listening.

I'm also thinking of just eliminating the III's fully stereo panned and volume-matched tracks (the ones that are first now, that are to match guitar stereo field placement in each part and track on album) altogether in the next update.... (the presets will be in stereo still, with cabs panned etc., but they will be leveled all the same)... it's adding an extra level/layer of work that I'm not sure you guys really use or want, makes it longer to get updates out..?

Can you give me some feedback here about that? Do you want to keep those true stereo panned, volume matched III presets as well?

I'm also thinking of just eliminating the III's fully stereo panned and volume-matched tracks (the ones that are first now, that are to match guitar stereo field placement in each part and track on album) altogether in the next update.... (the presets will be in stereo still, with cabs panned etc., but they will be leveled all the same)... it's adding an extra level/layer of work that I'm not sure you guys really use or want, makes it longer to get updates out..?
The true-to-the-album leveling is a treat for sure, but I think it's not vital at all. Those levels are so mix-dependent that they would be of limited help in a band situation.

Can you give me some feedback here about that? Do you want to keep those true stereo panned, volume matched III presets as well?

I think there's not much added value to true-panning and volume matching.

I think there's not much added value to true-panning and volume matching.
That's kind of my thinking. What I am thinking is, anyone who wants to match levels to play along with album can just go into Output mixer and lower the SCENE level to what they want. I'd probably put them in a video to show how.

The new Cygnus version presets for both Axe-Fx II and FM3 will be panned in the sense of the albums though - like Whole Lotta will be panned left but some signal (reverb) in right. I'm up to all of I and half of II done. Really sounds much better!

Hi Brit Rock Royalty #1 TonePack fans:

Check your account download area on my website, past customers should see a new, PARTIAL UPDATE zip file, labeled Sept.2021 Cygnus Brit Rock Royalty #1 ready to download there.

It has albums I and II done. Presets for the III and IV album and already underway, and should be coming later this month...

Both versions done, for FM3 and Axe-Fx III. There will be an FM9 version coming later, too (will be included in future zip file).

This is BEST version ever of these presets -- really killer, nailing studio album tones. The extra time spent on these, as you will see, was well worth it. Made lots of changes for the better, and the secret weapon was using my ATC25 mixer monitors as my guide this time. Really accurate.

Every preset is correctly stereo panned now. (No more mono preset option). Levels are more consistent and hotter between -12db and -9db on DAW/digital console (using +4db setting in my UAudio Apollo).

Changed cabs and amps in some places. There are new scenes for songs, and effects.

Updated preset/scene guide to print out, that tells you what guitar, pickup, volume and tone knob setting to use and other tips.

Plus remember to install the provided new global custom scale into slot #4 for II's track 7 "RamblingAway" solo harmony.

Special thanks to @trancegodz for his invaluable beta testing feedback and critiques!

This thread is the place to ask questions in general about the new stuff...or report any bugs....

If you have account access problems or don't see the download, PM me here, or email me at heybuddy @ austinbuddy .com.

You are gonna love these, they are so much fun to play!

Hi Brit Rock Royalty #1 TonePack fans:

Check your account download area on my website, past customers should see a new, PARTIAL UPDATE zip file, labeled Sept.2021 Cygnus Brit Rock Royalty #1 ready to download there.

It has albums I and II done. Presets for the III and IV album and already underway, and should be coming later this month...

Both versions done, for FM3 and Axe-Fx III. There will be an FM9 version coming later, too (will be included in future zip file).

This is BEST version ever of these presets -- really killer, nailing studio album tones. The extra time spent on these, as you will see, was well worth it. Made lots of changes for the better, and the secret weapon was using my ATC25 mixer monitors as my guide this time. Really accurate.

Every preset is correctly stereo panned now. (No more mono preset option). Levels are more consistent and hotter between -12db and -9db on DAW/digital console (using +4db setting in my UAudio Apollo).

Changed cabs and amps in some places. There are new scenes for songs, and effects.

Updated preset/scene guide to print out, that tells you what guitar, pickup, volume and tone knob setting to use and other tips.

Plus remember to install the provided new global custom scale into slot #4 for II's track 7 "RamblingAway" solo harmony.

Special thanks to @trancegodz for his invaluable beta testing feedback and critiques!

This thread is the place to ask questions in general about the new stuff...or report any bugs....

If you have account access problems or don't see the download, PM me here, or email me at heybuddy @ austinbuddy .com.

You are gonna love these, they are so much fun to play!

Here's a question some users may be curious about, you stated: Every preset is correctly stereo panned now. (No more mono preset option)

For small bar gigs with no FOH and using a powered FRGR cab, they would need a mono line form their FM3/FM9, what are your recommendations? If you Sum L&R or Copy or mute a cab are the presets still useable?

Correct, just use the Copy L>R option if playing them mono. That takes care of it.

Know off course that for some sounds, they are stereo in nature, and going mono is going to alter your perception of what they sound like compared to the albums. But it should work for most tones no problem. These presets by nature are really more studio tones than live tones, but they can be adapted for live use in most cases.

The FM3's CPU is only 1/4 as powerful as the Axe-Fx III and at times I had to make some compromises to control CPU use, else run afoul of the CPU overload warning. For example, none of the FM3 cabs in the presets are Ultra Res, and the noise gate is off - I just saved 7% CPU right there. Some times if using pitch block I am forced to use the "Economy" mode in the Cab block, and all the reverbs are in economy too.

I'll try to post the chart that is in the release notes here soon that compares those kinds of CPU compromise differences in general. The main thing, I made it work for the FM3!

Hi ya'll. A reminder that a Cygnus version for albums I & II is up now in your download account area.

I am almost done with album III presets! Have great beta tester checking the last few presets over next 72 or so hours - re-did "Celebratory Day" to make it easier to use/play with album.

For III, this time, I made individual new, track-specific acoustic presets/scenes (using an electric, Tele mostly), to match the EQ of the acoustics and the compression and any stereo separation. You'll of course have to do any the altered tuning needed though! ;)

Once I get IV done (next), I'll upload a new zip file with all four albums in Cygnus, for FM3, all stereo, all leveled consistently. Everything in Brit Rock Royalty #1 for Cygnus should be done by and of first week in October, if not sooner. These presets should also work fine on the new FM9, I'll get a folder for a version or those together for the final release as well. (You will still late the Fm3, III, and now FM9 versions all with one order).

You gonna dig 'em.

Hi ya'll. A reminder that a Cygnus version for albums I & II is up now in your download account area.

I am almost done with album III presets! Have great beta tester checking the last few presets over next 72 or so hours - re-did "Celebratory Day" to make it easier to use/play with album.

For III, this time, I made individual new, track-specific acoustic presets/scenes (using an electric, Tele mostly), to match the EQ of the acoustics and the compression and any stereo separation. You'll of course have to do any the altered tuning needed though!

Once I get IV done (next), I'll upload a new zip file with all four albums in Cygnus, for FM3, all stereo, all leveled consistently. Everything in Brit Rock Royalty #1 for Cygnus should be done by and of first week in October, if not sooner. These presets should also work fine on the new FM9, I'll get a folder for a version or those together for the final release as well. (You will still get the FM3, III, and soon also the FM9 versions all with one order).

You gonna dig 'em.

Last edited:
You are doing a great job!
Are you loving I & II so far? Any standouts?

Man I worked really hard on these presets - it's very different trying to dial in a sound accurately from a track than just making an amp sound good like in other TonePacks. III is done, and now on IV. I

With testing, hope to have all Brit Rock Royalty #1 updated to Cygnus/final and re-done by October 1, if not before/everything finished.

NEW UPDATE, OCTOBER 7, 2021: ALL FM3 BRIT ROCK ROYALTY #1 PRESETS HAVE BEEN UPDATED TO CYGNUS 4.X AND ARE NOW AVAILABLE IN EXISTING CUSTOMERS ACCOUNTS, IN "MY DOWNLOAD" AREA AT WWW.AUSTINBUDDY.COM.

I've reworked everything. All presets are in true stereo pans. Read the release notes carefully and print out and read the updated track-by-track, scene-by-scene, tone-by-tone presets/player guide. These sound the best of any prior versions! Enjoy! An FM9 version will also be available to you sometime in November.

NEW UPDATE, OCTOBER 7, 2021: ALL AXE-FX III BRIT ROCK ROYALTY #1 PRESETS HAVE BEEN UPDATED TO CYGNUS 16.05+ AND ARE NOW AVAILABLE IN EXISTING CUSTOMERS ACCOUNTS, IN "MY DOWNLOAD" AREA AT WWW.AUSTINBUDDY.COM.

I've reworked everything. All presets are in true stereo pans. Read the release notes carefully and print out and read the updated track-by-track, scene-by-scene, tone-by-tone presets/player guide. These sound the best of any prior versions! Enjoy! An FM9 version will also be available to you sometime in November.

Back
Top Bottom