from Friedman BE100 Deluxe to Axe FX III?

SloeGin

Hey guys,

My dream amp is the Friedman BE100 Deluxe or basically any Friedman amp :D
Sadly it's way too loud (and pricey) since I live in an apartment.
I was was wondering : anyone made the switch from a real Friedman amp to the Axe FX III?
Are you happy with the switch and how do you use it at home (what monitors or cab)?

Thanks for the info!

It’s easy to hit Friedman pricing when building an AxeFX3 rig, even given the many avenues. I get the volume concerns though!

Having been fortunate enough to own a few Friedmans along side the various Fractal units, I can tell you that the AF3 will hit the mark for you in the Friedman arena. All of the models are good and in some cases better than the real life amps. Add the fact that you can have that sound direct to headphones, monitors, etc, it's really a no brainer. I still have a Friedman, but only out of laziness to sell it. It sits unused most of the time.

Not a Friedman but I switched from 2 real Bogners (XTC and Uberschall) and I've never looked back. The Axe Nails the Friedmans as well. As long as you know what you're getting into (recorded sound vs amp in the room) I don't think you'll be sad with the AxeIII

Hey guys,

I was was wondering : anyone made the switch from a real Friedman amp to the Axe FX III?
Are you happy with the switch and how do you use it at home (what monitors or cab)?

Thanks for the info!
Yes me. I had the Friedman BE100 Deluxe with a matching cab and I switched to the Axe FX III and Red Sound Speakers.
I can say that I didn't regret anything. I did love the Friedman but the Axe III is more versataile and I can easily nail the BE 100 Deluxe Sound and the JJ 100 and and and...!

Cheers
Sash

I’ve owned pretty much every Friedman amp from the last 5 years - Butterslax, several BE100s, SS100, JJ, Dirty Shirley, Smallbox - and could never reconcile it with the realities of living in a neighborhood. I bought the Axe III and I’ve never once thought about going back. Just remember when you get it - cab choice makes an immense difference. Picking a solid IR for your patch is a night and day difference.

I’ve owned pretty much every Friedman amp from the last 5 years - Butterslax, several BE100s, SS100, JJ, Dirty Shirley, Smallbox - and could never reconcile it with the realities of living in a neighborhood. I bought the Axe III and I’ve never once thought about going back. Just remember when you get it - cab choice makes an immense difference. Picking a solid IR for your patch is a night and day difference.
Interesting!
What monitors do you use the fractal with?

I've had several Friedmans over the last few years. In the last couple of months I sold all but my BE Dlx, and it's probably going up for sale soon. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything with the Axe, the Friedman models are excellent. I've finally gotten to the point that I like what I hear from FRFR and may even prefer it over an amp in the room. Plus the only practical way for me to use my amps is through a load box or attenuator, at which point there's no reason not to use the Axe.

Here in Canada, a used BE100 will be new III money.
maybe, but you have to add a controller, and speaker, and amp is its a passive speaker of some sort....

It doesnt negate the volume issue - nor is an AFX cab do the Friedman sound - but budget wise there wont be much in it once you have all the bits you need for an AFX rig, not just the AFX itself.

You could just buy a ceriatone ahd if you wanted an HBE but can't afford it.

But the better decision is to buy an AFX3 obviously.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the info!
The solution to it being too loud is to use a UA OX, but then you are probably using monitors instead of using a cab and the AxeFX will sound very similar and models multiple Friedmans very well.

maybe, but you have to add a controller, and speaker, and amp is its a passive speaker of some sort....

It doesnt negate the volume issue - nor is an AFX cab do the Friedman sound - but budget wise there wont be much in it once you have all the bits you need for an AFX rig, not just the AFX itself.

Use whatever speakers you use now. I dont have a controller and ive had my iii for a year and a half.

Back
Top Bottom