BUG compressor issues with 16.03 & 16.04

notalemming

Fractal Fanatic
I'm having issues with the compressor block ever since I installed 16.03 & it is continuing with 16.04. What's happening is shown in the video. I have tried reinstalling 16.03 yesterday & now 16.04 today but it's still a problem. Also, it's only on the first scene & doesn't seem to matter which channel is used on that scene. It doesn't matter if I save the preset after fixing it. Going to another preset with a different type of comp & coming back to the saved "fixed" preset it's wrong again. Also I found if I load a preset, change the compressor type, do NOT save it, go to a new preset, now that preset is displaying the comp type I switched to in the previous preset. This is all from the front panel. No Axe Edit involved.

Last edited:
I can reproduce this on 16.04 as well. Not something I noticed since I haven't tweaked any comp settings for many firmware revisions.
Thanks for checking this out. It's not something that may be obvious if you don't tweak the compressor much.

This is also affecting the side chain page of the compressor. If you exit the compressor block with this page selected, you get this on the next preset you select when you go to edit the compressor:IMG_5869.jpg

It's not only the display that is wrong, the settings are wrong too & things don't sound right & levels are affected. I'm really surprised only one other person has confirmed this! I tested the issue again today with 2 new presets, just in, comp & out blocks with the comp type different in each preset. Also, this only seems to affect the compressor in the default scene that loads up when you select the presets.
The compressor block is useless at this point unless you use the same compressor type in every preset.

Last edited:
This can be done the the 59 and 65 bassguy factory presets. Go into 59 bassguy and change the compressor. Then, without saving, go to 65 bassguy and edit the compressor block. You will see the name of the compressor you switched to in 59 bassguy in blue.

This can be done the the 59 and 65 bassguy factory presets. Go into 59 bassguy and change the compressor. Then, without saving, go to 65 bassguy and edit the compressor block. You will see the name of the compressor you switched to in 59 bassguy in blue.
Change what? A parameter? The type of compressor?

Change it where? On the hardware interface? In Axe-Edit III?

Observe it where? On the hardware interface? In Axe-Edit III?

I tried this in Axe-Edit III and the compressor changed to the saved value in the 65 Bassguy preset when I changed to. This is expected behavior.

I tried it on the hardware, with Axe-Edit III not running on the computer, and again the behavior was as expected. The stored settings for the compressor block were restored when I changed to the 65 Bass guy preset.

@notalemming please dump your system settings and your preset bank and provide them for further analysis. Clearly it's a local problem.

Last edited:
Change what? A parameter? The type of compressor?

Change it where? On the hardware interface? In Axe-Edit III?

Observe it where? On the hardware interface? In Axe-Edit III?

I tried this in Axe-Edit III and the compressor changed to the saved value in the 65 Bassguy preset when I changed to. This is expected behavior.

I tried it on the hardware, with Axe-Edit III not running on the computer, and again the behavior was as expected. The stored settings for the compressor block were restored when I changed to the 65 Bass guy preset.

@notalemming please dump your system settings and your preset bank and provide them for further analysis. Clearly it's a local problem.

Specifically this as described in the OP:

"Also I found if I load a preset, change the compressor type, do NOT save it, go to a new preset, now that preset is displaying the comp type I switched to in the previous preset. This is all from the front panel. No Axe Edit involved."

I am able to reproduce that with the first 2 factory presets. I didn't try to reproduce any of the other behavior and I can't tell from your post if you tried specifically reproduce what is described above.

Specifically this as described in the OP:

"Also I found if I load a preset, change the compressor type, do NOT save it, go to a new preset, now that preset is displaying the comp type I switched to in the previous preset. This is all from the front panel. No Axe Edit involved."

I am able to reproduce that with the first 2 factory presets. I didn't try to reproduce any of the other behavior and I can't tell from your post if you tried specifically reproduce what is described above.
Please dump your system settings and your preset bank and provide them for further analysis. Clearly it's a local problem.

Thanks for looking into this! It's also not just the comp type names don't match, the settings are messed up as well. It is pulling settings in the 2nd preset you go to from the first.
I haven't got further than the name mismatch at this point.

I haven't got further than the name mismatch at this point.
It's easy to check. Set the first comp knobs all to noon. Now go to the second comp & they should all be at noon too. On the front panel, use the ABCDE knobs to adjust each one but only move each knob 1 click. You should see the value jump.

Not completely. The first page where you select compressor types still flashes as you scroll through the different compressor names using the front panel. No Axe Edit involved.
We don't consider that a bug. Since the number of tabs can change the screen refreshes when you select a type.

Back
Top Bottom