FC Internal Firmware 1.12

Hi Bryant, the enclosed update guide mentions the Axe-Fx only for updating the FC firmware. It should probably be edited to mention the use of the FM3 as well.

Hi Bryant, the enclosed update guide mentions the Axe-Fx only for updating the FC firmware. It should probably be edited to mention the use of the FM3 as well.
Excellent point! Thank you, Yek!

While we update the document, the procedure is exactly the same; simply replace occurrences of Axe-Fx III with FM3.

Last edited:
Reactions: yek
Thanks. Since my Axe III is still packed, I updated my FC-12 to 1.12 using my FM3 just now.

Then, I thought....why not and tried to load the OMG15 layout from the FC Controllers Reset tab on the FM3. The results were....odd (photos attached). The FM3 is on fw 4.0 and loaded with the new factory presets.

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg
The FM3 photo is hard to make out, but the mini displays read 'SETS', 'NES', and 'ECTS' ??? The layout names are garbled. They are:

1 'SETS'
2 'NES'
3 'ECTS'
4 'out 4''
5 'PER'
6 '-Preset'
7 'out 7'
8 '9'
9 'rLayout'

The switch assignments seem random. Layout 1 for example has six switches set to 'Preset-Select in Bank' all pointing to preset 1.

I tried power cycling and applying the OMG15 reset several times with the same result. Going back to OMG9 through the reset menu, works correctly with all the correct labels and switch assignments coming up. Everything on OMG9 functions perfectly.

Last edited:
Last edited:
If you have both an FM3 and an Axe III you only have to do the process once, correct?

I used this video (https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/video-updating-internal-firmware-fc-6-fc-12.146991/) as a guide to update the FC6 with my FM3 and it doesn't work. I´m on PC and the utility option is there without the need to hold ctrl, then it's "FM3 communications Port (COM6)", the chose 1.12 fw, then send. The sending meter goes to 100% an then back to the same screen. There is no confirmation pop-up, like in the video. Am I missing something?

I've installed FC-12 fw1.12 using my FM3... If the top row of presets on the FC-12 shows the same preset over and over, what have I done wrong? All the top row buttons (other than the bank up button) display and select a single preset at 135. Presets 136, 137, 138, and 139 are thus unreachable. The bottom row correctly displays different presets, 130 to 134. The problem is apparent in all banks, and I've the bank size configured to 10 as per the mini manual instruction.

Edit: I see how to correct the issue in FM3-Edit, but I'm concerned that something I did induced the issue. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I used this video (https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/video-updating-internal-firmware-fc-6-fc-12.146991/) as a guide to update the FC6 with my FM3 and it doesn't work. I´m on PC and the utility option is there without the need to hold ctrl, then it's "FM3 communications Port (COM6)", the chose 1.12 fw, then send. The sending meter goes to 100% an then back to the same screen. There is no confirmation pop-up, like in the video. Am I missing something?
For those who didn’t see the other thread, @kaleidoskope was using an old video that doesn’t pertain anymore. Just follow the instructions included in the firmware, and you’ll be fine.

I just updated my FC6 to 1.12 and my controller seems to be getting stuck in the failsafe screen that I saw at the end of the update. This seems to happen when I'm connected to Axe-Edit and am using the manage presets function. It isn't consistently happening every time I open manage presets, but it seems to be the only noticeable action that is related.

Power cycling the Axe or unplugging the cable fixes this. I also noticed the expression pedals plugged into the FC6 aren't working when the FC6 goes into failsafe mode.

Is it possible for me to redownload 1.11? I've tried getting it from the previous forum post, but it doesn't seem to be downloading for me.

Hopefully I'm just missing something obvious, but let me know if I should open a support ticket instead.

I just updated my FC6 to 1.12 and my controller seems to be getting stuck in the failsafe screen that I saw at the end of the update. This seems to happen when I'm connected to Axe-Edit and am using the manage presets function. It isn't consistently happening every time I open manage presets, but it seems to be the only noticeable action that is related.

Power cycling the Axe or unplugging the cable fixes this. I also noticed the expression pedals plugged into the FC6 aren't working when the FC6 goes into failsafe mode.

Is it possible for me to redownload 1.11? I've tried getting it from the previous forum post, but it doesn't seem to be downloading for me.

Hopefully I'm just missing something obvious, but let me know if I should open a support ticket instead.
Also, I am on the newest Axe edit and most recent Axe-Fx firmware.

I did further testing and I've noticed a pattern with watching the FC controller. When using the preset manager, it cycles between adding the new preset, then goes to the failsafe screen while on the previous FC firmware, it would just cycle through the different presets it was updating. Once the last updated preset is added the FC controller stays stuck on the failsafe screen.

We have had other reports of this but we haven't had the chance to look at it yet.

Please try the link again. I have updated it to "https" from "http" and it should work better now.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fc-internal-firmware-1-11.159593/

Back
Top Bottom