Simple midi switcher for FM3 scene changes

Voes MC5 JR - Works a treat, small narrow footprint and does everything you need and more. No display though if you need that? If you OK with working out PC/CC messages and the like (the editor is also easy to use!!) its a breeze and very versatile.

I had one controlling scenes and if I’m totally honest, I don’t really need the FC6 that replaced it….

If you want scene changes maybe in a 1 or 2 presets almost every midi pedal can works also woth pc only.. I use my older Yamaha mfc05

Hot Tipp - daelectronics Mini .A nice guy in Italy. With or without Bluetooth , expression Port and
the possibiliti to do expression Witz a beam.

Voes MC5 JR - Works a treat, small narrow footprint and does everything you need and more. No display though if you need that? If you OK with working out PC/CC messages and the like (the editor is also easy to use!!) its a breeze and very versatile.

I had one controlling scenes and if I’m totally honest, I don’t really need the FC6 that replaced it….

mx5-01.jpg

More info on www.voes.be

I'd still recommend the FC-6. It's very small and light, and extraordinarily flexible and powerful.
I think the capability of the FC-6 is very impressive, but for having 6 switches, it is not necessarily "small" It doubles the foot print of the FM3. I think it is small if it is stand-alone with the AXE of FM3 on the backline.

I am hoping/wishing (already added to WISH list) that FAS makes a smaller version at some point. The FM3 doesn't necessarily benefit from the main screen on the FC, and there is quite a bit of space on the outside edges that add a lot of bulk. Also on the main back panel, having so many I/O options are cool but redundant when next to the FM3. a Lite version could probably work well with the FASlink I/O and power on the back panel. If you need more, get the regular FC6 or FC12

If FAS doesn't plan to make a smaller companion for the FM3, my second hope/wish is that MIDI communication would be sent from the internal 3 footswitches to the other MIDI devices so the FM3 could be the "master" similar to how it functions with the FC6.

Attached dreamy mock-up! Some stuff may need adjusting, I may have made the side edges too small. The first image is to scale, the 2nd is an estimate.Not Real.pngFM3 Vs Mini 2 NR.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom