FM3 Factory Presets version 4.0 "Cygnus"

What preset number is the one of @2112 ?

Back end of the presets. Look for Leon. :)

Once you find them I'd recommend using the Hi and Lo Cuts in the Cab Block
to be more in alignment with what Leon recommends. In the preset they are
defaulted to 20hz and 20,000khz.

Last edited:
I've been waiting to rock some Poltergeist Pigs with Cygnus!!! :p

Seriously though, there are some really nice presets in here. Good job!

Last edited:
These presets are fabulous, a great learning resource for those of us not so knowledgeable about what combinations of amps, drives and cabs work best. It really pays dividends to work through the presets and not immediately reach to change things but to listen to the choices that have been made.

I've always been a JCM800 kind of guy and been happy enough just putting a regular TS808 in front of it, but something lacks. Then I go to preset 008 Plexi 50W and listen to that 6550 in combination with the T808 Mod and I'm in heaven after lowering the drive on the amp a bit. I just love the chime of the plexi drive being dirited up by that T808 Mod in front. It's the variation of a JCM tone that I've wanted for ages, and I would never have put the T808 Mod in front of it. I can't wait for next band practise :)

Thanks for these presets - absolutely great.

Awesome job on these presets, @Admin M@ and FAS!

A few discoveries:

The AC-20 preset (specifically the 12AX7 treble scene) is something else. I love the snarl it has. Previously, the AC30-esque tones on the FM3 never grabbed me. This, on the other hand, sounds great dry.

The Band Commander scenes highlight the different verb types very well.

The Archon sounds so good with zero tweaking. Thick, meaty chugging goodness.

Just noticed a possible issue in the 'Brit 800' preset: Scene 2 '#34' and Scene 6 'Leon's #34' are both set to the Friedman HBE V1 Fat amp. Both scenes sound great, so maybe it's on purpose....

Edit: In the editor, under the preset/scene menu, it says Amp 1: (B) Brit 800 #34. In the edit portion of the screen under type, it says Friedman HBE V1 Fat.

Edit #2: I was on the beta and got bitten by forgetting to Refresh after new FW after installing 4.0 final. All better now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot for the work FAS and testers.

Is the EJ Clean duplicated on the presets (#83 and #95) ? Or something went weird in my installation of the presets?

On the Plex Verb 8 preset, there's a Per-Preset override for Layout 1 Bank 6 to toggle between amp channels A and C. On the OMG15 setup, this means you have no Bank -1 button. Just a heads up. I changed the location on mine.

Thanks a lot for the work FAS and testers.

Is the EJ Clean duplicated on the presets (#83 and #95) ? Or something went weird in my installation of the presets?
I have the same duplicate

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know a way to change controlers globally. In particular, I want to change the Wah assignment in the Factory Presets from Auto off 'Heel down' to 'Toe down'

In the beginning, we were marking scenes that Leon created, because we thought there would be just a few.
In the end, he worked on almost 20 presets. Rather than remove those early "LT" markings, I left them in.
Maybe an "Artist preset guide" would be a good thing to come with with that tells you what preset/scenes different artist made and the highlights of them (what to check out from them).

All of them except for a few I can't remember. Also, it should be noted that MANY MANY of these presets are conversions of presets originally dialed in by Cliff!

Removed.
Did you update the bank download files at the top of this post to fix this, as well as adding Solo 88 to slot 83? Would you consider renaming the file names to reflect the revisions (ie FM3_factory_preset_banks_v4rev1 or v4.1) so we can keep up. We had some confusion when v4 beta 3 or 4 were getting quick fixes several times without renaming the download file or changing the beta version.

Thanks for all the hard work and long hours the team has put in, especially since the Cygnus era. Obviously a big game changer. We all owe you guys a big steak dinner, like every weekend from now on.

@Chiguete "Leon's Live FM3", "Plex Verb 8" and "Pitch Follower" in bank C are presets I submitted from scratch. I got my grubby mitts over various scenes in bank A too but spent most of my time jamming out on so many factory presets that I'd barely played around with before. There's a lifetime worth of great sounds in Bank A alone IMO.

@la noise those cuts are applied in the PEQ block along with some "surgical" cuts to offensive frequencies in the 3-5k range in that preset. You can always ditch the PEQ and slap the high/low cut in the cab block if you want to experiment with something else in there.

Back
Top Bottom