FM3 Factory Presets version 4.0 "Cygnus"

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
New factory preset banks for the FM3 have been released on our web site.
These require firmware version 4.0 or newer. They have been optimized for Cygnus and also "enhanced" with new presets, new scenes, performance controls, and more. A ReadMe is included, covering the details of how to install.

EDIT June 21: Link updated to version "c" with various minor fixes now in place.
This can be assumed to be a FINAL version until future firmware warrants an update.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/4p0/FM3_factory_preset_banks_v4p0c.zip

Thanks to everyone who helped with comments during the various preview releases.
Thanks to the beta team members who did a lot of work on these, especially @2112 @iaresee @chris and @hippietim @simeon, and @Cooper Carter, plus the many others who created presets for this set, including @edo @austinbuddy @Larry Mitchell Pete Thorn, @Marco Fanton @Burgs @fremen @Mark Day, Steve Stevens, Devin Townsend, and more (hope I didn't forget anyone!)

EDIT: I DID FORGET SOMEONE!! @Scott Peterson! Thanks for contributing scenes and effects to the "Euro" preset!

And thank YOU for choosing and continuing to support Fractal Audio Systems.

Last edited:
Writing "Asian Dociumentary" locked up my FM3 with a high pitch whine. rebooted and send the presets again and it worked ok. Presume its a one off (I was using the FM3 as a USB soundcard for streaming the footy at the same time as writing presets), but though worth reporting to see if anyone else had the same problem with it.

Last edited:
Writing "Asian Dociumentary" locked up my FM3 with a high pitch whine. rebooted and send the presets again and it worked ok. Presume its a one off (I was using the FM3 as a USB soundcard for streaming the footy at the same time as writing presets), but though worth reporting to see if anyone else had the same problem with it.
I do agree that your problem was probably a one off. I tested here multiple times and everything worked fine. One thought: that preset IS just a few steps after the CPU intensive Blade Runner preset. I just knocked that down by almost 4% on the CPU and will include it in the next release in its new "Ultralight" form.

Last edited:
I would love to know who designed which preset. Especially Devin Townsend. I know there's the downloadable preset from the website. Is there another preset he created that is included with the updated banks?

Can wait, new unit on route here for Mon-Tues.
DL‘d presets, Edit and 4.0 firmware.
Maybe ahead of myself, by the way things are going they may have another update by then :cool:
Congrats guys
pura vida

Awesome work as always @Admin M@ !

I had a bit hard time batch loading the entire 3 banks of factory presets at once; there are 384 presets; I start mine at slot 100 and they load up to slot 483

• Most presets loaded but stalled and FM3-Edit became unresponsive after saving preset 455 (that was the last one loaded ie: preset text is Green denoting saved, not Red for unsaved ones)
  • Rebooted the FM3 and FM3-Edit, tried to again reload presets 455 -> 483, preset loading stalled after 475 (that was the last one loaded ie: preset text is Green denoting saved, not Red for unsaved ones)
  • Tried to reload presets 475 -> 483 and nothing would reload/save, nor could I clear them, etc. When I clicked "Save" nothing happened in either case
  • Rebooted the FM3 and FM3-Edit again, was able to load presets 475 -> 483, then after returning to FM3-Edit from the "Manage Preset" window FM3-Edit began to refresh the names ("Reading preset names....") and only read 2 out of 512 presets and stalled there; I gave it ~20 seconds and nothing happened so I....
  • Rebooted the FM3 and FM3-Edit one more time and the preset name refreshing ("Reading preset names...") after saving/testing in "Manage Presets" worked ok

This is all on the most current v4.00 Cygnus software, the official v4.00 factory presets released today ("FM3 Factory Presets version 4.0 "Cygnus"), and FM3-Edit 1.05.00 released today.

I loaded the v4.00 beta factory preview presets "FM3 Cygnus Factory Preset Banks A, B, and C - Preview 1" with FM3-Edit 1.05.00 beta with firmware v4.00 beta 5 a couple of days ago and it all went smoothly with no stalls, etc.

I've also previously loaded up entire factory banks (versions before these latest v4 ones) to the same slots with no issues at all.

EDIT: Should also add I'm on Windows 10/PC platform.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom