🆕 Axe-Fx III Cygnus Factory Presets "Enhanced" - Preview 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLO 100
scene 4 misses a name.

FAS Lead 1
scene 4" Octave Lead": the FM3 version has a pitch shifter, the III version hasn't.

SO MANY RHOADS
Has less scenes configured than the new FM3 version.

ELEGANT GYPSY

CRAWLING IN THE DARK

ULTRAVERB

DYNAMOFLANGER
Just checking if the flanger sounds as intended. It sounds less out-of-tune and crazy as a DynaFlanger.

RUBBER BISCUIT

LARRY MITCHELL
Sound is panned to the right.

Finished.

@Admin M@

First, be sure your monitor system is calibrated.

Then, if you want less low end, here are some easy ideas that don't require you to adjust a global EQ or add extra blocks:
  1. Lower the Bass control if the amp has one.
  2. Lower the Depth control if the amp has one.
  3. Engage the CUT switch in the amp block.
  4. Increase the Low Cut frequency in the amp's preamp section
  5. Increase the Low Cut frequency in the amp's PRE-EQ section
  6. Use the amp block's built-in POST EQ
  7. Increase the low cut frequency for an individual IR.
  8. Increase the global low cut frequency in the Cab block preamp.
  9. Make adjustments to the Speaker page of the amp block.
  10. Try a different IR.
Sticky-worthy.

Preset 28 ( 0 Offset) "Vibrato Trem" - There is a Performance-PP control called 'MTD1 Rate', but I do not see a Multi-Tap Delay in this preset. What am I missing or what does this control? Is there any way in Axe-Edit to determine which block a a Perform-PP knob controls? I always felt like the Perform-PP control were self-explanatory since they have the block name (i.e. AMP1, CHO2, etc.) in the name, but what if the block doesn't exist on the grid?

This seems like a bug, but I have been wrong/blind before, so... Can anyone weigh in on this?

Sticky-worthy.
Everyone here has the ability themselves, if they feel something is noteworthy, to add it to the Wiki, which is a better place to have all these sorts of nuggets of info curated anyway. If you don't have one already, make an account, have at it, and link the info back to the thread from where it came. Edit: Please

Last edited:
These are absolutely killer, especially the clean presets, Prince Tone, *Verb, and *Deluxe are my current in home practice presets for Jazz'ing . A huge step up. Bravo! Looking forward to the released versions.

Fremen's Drones is a lot of fun! Just curious, what is Scene 8 supposed to do? It's called (S1-S7: Autoplay Synth Chords) but there's no synth chords at all. Is there something that needs to be done to trigger them?

Last edited:
Scene 8 is just a description of what is going on in the other scenes.

You will see that in several factory presets too. And Austinbuddy presets if you have/get them.

Scene 8 is just a description of what is going on in the other scenes.

You will see that in several factory presets too. And Austinbuddy presets if you have/get them.
Ahhh thank you for clarifying. From the description I was expecting it to automatically cycle through the chords in S1-7... which is probably not even possible anyways. My bad! It's a very inspiring preset though, I think I bled out some of my soul playing along with it. :)

In the summer of 2019, Dweezil spent a week at my house. To say we went down the rabbit hole of the intricacies of fuzz would be an understatement. We had about 15 different pedals under the microscope. The result was a block library from fuzz paradise. You are now reaping the rewards.
I know there's a list of all the presets with descriptions, but is there a condensed list of presets containing said fuzz pedals we are now reaping?

I know there's a list of all the presets with descriptions, but is there a condensed list of presets containing said fuzz pedals we are now reaping?

I deal with plenty of secrets in my job . . . my boss (semi-jokingly) says that I ever go to China I'll need to leave my brain in the United States to not violate ITAR.

I'm certainly not asking Matt to reveal anything that would get him in trouble. But more detail here would be VERY welcome if it's possible!

I deal with plenty of secrets in my job . . . my boss (semi-jokingly) says that I ever go to China I'll need to leave my brain in the United States to not violate ITAR.

I'm certainly not asking Matt to reveal anything that would get him in trouble. But more detail here would be VERY welcome if it's possible!
LOL! Not asking for any secrets, just what presets have fuzz pedals so we don't have to search through 300+ presets. Also not asking someone else to do this for me - just if it's already been done would be cool to share :cool:

If you search "fuzz" in axe edit you'll see shoegaze fuzz, stere death fuzz and i think there's one more.

just use Search on that page.
Are you talking about the wiki page? When I do a search for fuzz or presets with fuzz on that page the only logical thing to select is presets which takes me back to the same page. This is doing terrible things to my self esteem :veryconfused:

Are you talking about the wiki page?
Budda & Yek are referring to the search function in Axe Edit.

Click 'Presets' and use the search function (using the word Fuzz) within the presets Manage screen.

Click on whichever one you want to check out & it will load the preset.

If you search "fuzz" in axe edit you'll see shoegaze fuzz, stere death fuzz and i think there's one more.
The other one is Fuzz Tweed.

Last edited:
I will say I am 6-8 weeks into owning the Axe FX. All the presets where, and be no offence meant, terrible and didn't show the best of the unit.

I downloaded the new presets last night and spend 3 hours last night and 2 hours this morning auditioning them. Just counted up and with the old presets I kept none and just deleted them off the Axe, out of the new presets I moved 55 to my Writing preset section and out of those at least 40 inspired a new song section.

Superb, well done all.

I'm keeping an eye on factory preset update news. I'm excited to dig in but have been waiting for the final release of everything.
My problem is I'm losing track of where things are. We have a beta set of updated factory presents, now we have some enhancements to some but not all of the beta presets???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom