mini game : JP2C VS axe fx 3

which one is the real amp ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
+1

The Torpedo sounds like ass. The Suhr is miles better.
Do you think OP's initial clips with the Torpedo sound bad? (hint: I think they sound very respectable!).

I went down the rabbit hole of load boxes and by the time you feed an amp to a loadbox, slap on an IR with some post EQ you're really just squibbling away at specsheets and comparisons between all the models. With tweaking you can achieve the same result with all of them. I've heard extremely good examples from the two notes, suhr, ox, boss & mesa offerings (oddly I never stumbled onto the LB-2 in my search).

I view it like the AxeFx lineup, they're not going to be 100% the same as the analog counterparts, but its getting you in the 95-99% ballpark. If you want to worry about the last 4% then go for it. When something gets to that level I'd rather just use the stuff and make music, there's no audible difference at that level.

You're not going to match the sound of a real JP-2C exactly, it just won't happen. The huge transformer in the amp isn't modelled in the Axe for a start. To get that close at a low volume without spending $4000 (AUD) on it is more than enough for me.

Maybe Axe Fx IV or V? Who knows.

I don’t get why so many fractal users hate so much Two Notes and Ox loadboxes… I see these boxes everywhere, especially on the desk of pro users… as far as I’m concerned, I recorded dozen of tracks with Two Notes gear, making sound engineers happy… lots of studio use Ox box too.. Never saw anyone complaining appart from Fractal users… 🤔
I don’t see competition, just collaboration…
If you saw my video, you’ll see that I use all my gear (Friedman amp, loadbox, axe fx, Apollo twin,..), everything works together… and I believe my sound is good… It’s not a digital war men, just music. As Cliff always says, trust your ears, not your eyes…

Clip 1 is way brighter than Clip 2 ... so I'm guessing 1 is the Axe and 2 is the Amp .... but I have never heard / used that amp in person so have no idea what is "supposed" to sound like :)

Ben

The real jp is not harsh and don’t have all these highs. But the fact to mic it does this, real or not . The amp in the room sound is way better than miced

so we still don’t know if the fractal load box is discontinued or not sadly

I don’t get why so many fractal users hate so much Two Notes and Ox loadboxes… I see these boxes everywhere, especially on the desk of pro users… as far as I’m concerned, I recorded dozen of tracks with Two Notes gear, making sound engineers happy… lots of studio use Ox box too.. Never saw anyone complaining appart from Fractal users… 🤔
I don’t see competition, just collaboration…
If you saw my video, you’ll see that I use all my gear (Friedman amp, loadbox, axe fx, Apollo twin,..), everything works together… and I believe my sound is good… It’s not a digital war men, just music. As Cliff always says, trust your ears, not your eyes…
What do you mean? It is a compeitition lol These products are competing against each other. And some do objectively sound better than others.

In case of designing a load box to replace a guitar cabinet, I would say that a load box with an impedance characteristic that looks more like an actual speaker load is objectively better than the other one.

In case of designing a load box to replace a guitar cabinet, I would say that a load box with an impedance characteristic that looks more like an actual speaker load is objectively better than the other one.
if the maker decide to put salt and pepper in his product to make it sound more ballzy it’s just legit, the goal is the result . And the “fuck yeah” you do while palmuting with the head and the loadbox . Flat things …

if the maker decide to put salt and pepper in his product to make it sound more ballzy it’s just legit, the goal is the result . And the “fuck yeah” you do while palmuting with the head and the loadbox . Flat things …
If the maker decides to replace prime beef with rat meat, there will always be this one guy, who thinks, it sounds ballsy.

Back
Top Bottom