Delay Block Update

Yes like ever. just see rabea amazed to have a jvm amp šŸ¤£. These guys and everyone in the end tried all the technology and then always go back rediscovering the real stuff . ola continue to buy real heads having the axe and trying everythingā€¦
I am old school too, and very attached to real stuff . but now that I have the axe and my JP2c, I really donā€™t want to buy a collection of head again/anymore . I prefer having new guitars instead . But yes people always go back , humans are like that . 3 steps ahead , and 4 steps back šŸ˜…
Well, Iā€™m old enough to remember when people were upset by the tonal degradation and limitations of analog delays; back in the days they were throwing away analog pedals.
Anyway, Iā€™m ok with that, it was only a joke.
Iā€™m waiting for blu-ray emulation of VHS šŸ˜ƒ

Even more with a delay , I really prefer 10 time a digital delay that copy exactly the sound , donā€™t want these dark feedbacks . Then tastes hm. If they like it . But I donā€™t know why they (who in the end ? 2 guys ? ) complain about the delay , they are already both digital and analog types in the axe .
for me as I said , just this modulation think is not ā€¦ hm

Even more with a delay , I really prefer 10 time a digital delay that copy exactly the sound , donā€™t want these dark feedbacks . Then tastes hm. If they like it . But I donā€™t know why they (who in the end ? 2 guys ? ) complain about the delay , they are already both digital and analog types in the axe .
for me as I said , just this modulation think is not ā€¦ hm

Like heroin, just because it exists doesn't mean you have to use it.

To expound:
The first step in adding compansion to the delay block was creating a compander algorithm. So I created a Compander type first in the Compressor block. Once that was working I used that algorithm in the Delay block.

The Compander allows you to set the Ratio, Time, Transients and Level. Turn Transients down and the attack is reduced, turn it up and the attack is enhanced. You can use it with kick drum to enhance the punch, put it on vocals to reduce plosives, etc.
So does this mean the Compressor Block AND Delay Block will be updated ..... or has the Compressor Block already had this in it?

So basically youā€™re saying that 10 years and who-knows-how-many-dollar after having perfected the digital tech, youā€™re now using it to clone some primitive and unpredictable CCD technology from 40 years ago šŸ˜€
Wait for the day when people will clone the tones of an Axe-FX III cloning the tones of primitive and unpredictable CCD technology, so they can use them on their WonderTech Wizmatic 5000 ;)

sure but there is modulation in the delay by default if I am not wrong . I realize it months after

Pull up a brand new delay block, select digital mono or stereo, and check the mod/advanced tab. Should answer that one real quick.

And if there's automatically mod, then turn it all off and save the block to your library.

Hey calm down little boy .
he just explain to me what I already do. Since I am the only one to be surprise about it and got no explanations about the why ā€¦ anyway .

Since I am the only one to be surprise about it and got no explanations about the why ā€¦ anyway
Maybe because it's not actually a thing? When I select the Digital Mono delay, it defaults to modulation depth 0%. Not sure why you think there's modulation by default.

Donā€™t hesitate to talk to a mirror too, it works great when you got problems with others opinion . They are doctors for that too . Blocking people šŸ™„ . The ā€œhitlerā€™s buttonā€ you know . ā€œThink like me or disappear!ā€ šŸ¤£. Sorry to not falling on my knees praising the sun everytime there is something ā€œnewā€.

No one has to tell me more than once to listen to BA :)

With that said, what are the odds of creating a SDD-3000 rack delay? Since I bought my Axe III 3 years ago, this is the only delay I find genuinely difficult/impossible to emulate, even using the SDD drive pedal with other delays. Nothing quite comes close to the real thing, but it sounds like you've got a passion for just that unit. Anyway, a boy can dream. I'm more in love with my Axe & FM3 everyday, so there's no complaint here, just a heartfelt wish to see my favorite delay faithfully recreated in my favorite everything-else box :)

Yes!!! Be cool if that existed and you could put it (and not just the SDD Preamp in the Drive Block) in front of a Tweed amp ala Daniel Lanois.

Last edited:
Donā€™t hesitate to talk to a mirror too, it works great when you got problems with others opinion . They are doctors for that too . Blocking people šŸ™„ . The ā€œhitlerā€™s buttonā€ you know . ā€œThink like me or disappear!ā€ šŸ¤£. Sorry to not falling on my knees praising the sun everytime there is something ā€œnewā€.

Nothing wrong with using the ignore feature, that is why it exists.

Back
Top Bottom