Wish Export as text>Preset List with extra info

jordikt

Experienced
The wish is to add a menu item inside FM3-Edit>Tools menu>Export as text> "Preset List with details" or something similar.

It would export a txt file like the existing one, but adding some columns with useful information:

Preset List with extra-info.png

It could be also interesting to add a column with number of scenes with name, and/or 8 additional columns with the name of every scene.

Benefits:
In case of massive changes/overhaul, it could help a lot.

For example, yesterday I did changes in the layouts that affected all the presets with per-preset footswitches overrides.
So I had to visit all presets one by one to check which ones have per-preset overrides.
If I'd have could get this list, I'd have gone directly to the affected presets.

You are monopolizing this forum section. I'd suggest using a single thread to post all your personal wishes.

Schermafbeelding 2021-06-03 om 09.53.15.png

I am sorry, you are right. I am wishing too much.

I will stop right now.
Thanks for your advice.

No problem, I understand your point of view, but I really feel I am wishing too much... :)

Anyway, thanks for your patience ;)

I would expand this wish by adding an json export. Most stuff can read json, and from that it’s up to the exporter how it should be displayed.

I think FracTool might support something like this already.
FracTool is a very power tool that I would like to use.

Unfortunately, when I was installing it, I read the warning that this tool is not supported by Fractal Audio Systems. That made me abort the installation.

Fortunately for @AlGrenadine , I am sure there are few people acting like me. As I said, his job is awesome, he has done amazing tools. I wish the best for him.

FracTool is a very power tool that I would like to use.

Unfortunately, when I was installing it, I read the warning that this tool is not supported by Fractal Audio Systems. That made me abort the installation.

Fortunately for @AlGrenadine , I am sure there are few people acting like me. As I said, his job is awesome, he has done amazing tools. I wish the best for him.
Yes, it's something FAS asked me to add, i don't see why it makes you abort it ^^

Yes, it's something FAS asked me to add, i don't see why it makes you abort it ^^

Yes, it's the fear that something wrong happens.

I am a "software coward" (I never install pirate software, never download nothing from not official sites, etc)

I am so coward that even that I 'm sure your software is safe 99,99%, I prefer to live without it (loosing a lot of features I would love to have).

I would expand this wish by adding an json export. Most stuff can read json, and from that it’s up to the exporter how it should be displayed.
JSON or YAML. JSON is good for moving the data but it's not as readable as YAML. Since YAML is a superset of JSON and JSON can be read using YAML parsers the two are a good duo.

Keep it up and maybe they'll make you a job offer in product development.
haha, thanks! :)
That would be nice!

I have a list of wishes in my laptop now.... 8 new wishes noted till now.

I will do my best to post the wishes soon, trying to not monopolize the forum section, as Yek said me. :)

haha, thanks! :)
That would be nice!

I have a list of wishes in my laptop now.... 8 new wishes noted till now.

I will do my best to post the wishes soon, trying to not monopolize the forum section, as Yek said me. :)
Yek wasn't telling you to not post your wishes. He was just suggesting that since you have so many of them that you maintain your own thread for all of your wishes as opposed to beginning a new thread each time. That's what he meant by saying you were monopolizing this section of the forum. You do seem to have some good ideas.

Yek wasn't telling you to not post your wishes. He was just suggesting that since you have so many of them that you maintain your own thread for all of your wishes as opposed to beginning a new thread each time. That's what he meant by saying you were monopolizing this section of the forum. You do seem to have some good ideas.
Thanks for your nice words! :)
I understand the suggestion from Yek, he never told me to not post wishes 👍

However, I don't like a very long thread with several wishes in it, especially if the wishes are for different areas/targets.
If I would post the new 8 wishes of my list in a thread now, it will be a thread of one page, full of text and images. Too much information.

So, I prefer to plan the wishes in my laptop first, and post them bit by bit (trying to join in the same thread all the wishes that are in similar areas/targets).

Back
Top Bottom