Wish Shortcuts to connect blocks

jordikt

Experienced
cmd + arrow keys could help to connect blocks without using the mouse.

1) For example, selecting this Cab block, cmd+left arrow would connect the Cab to the Amp block, and cmd+right arrow would connect it to the Out1 block.

Shortcut to connect blocks.png

2) In the case that the block selected has no block at the right side, hitting cmd+right arrow would create a Shunt block at the right, and connect the selected block to the Shunt.

3) cmd+arrow up/down would connect to the block in the upper/lower row. If there is no block there, it would create a Shunt and establish the connection.

EDIT:
4) Row Connection
  • Shift+cmd+left arrow: Perform the action "Connect from this block to the first block in this row"
  • Shift+cmd+right arrow: Perform the action "Connect from this block to the last block in this row"
For example, with the input block selected, pressing shift+cmd+right arrow would connect all blocks from In1 to Out1:

1622651451256.png

Last edited:
it's a good idea really and everytime I connect blocks I'm annoyed, thinking there should really be a key command instead of draging little connection lines...

Yes, same feeling when I have to connect blocks.
And worse feeling everytime I move one and it gets disconnected... 🤣

Looks interesting- assuming this is a mac will it work on pc also - thanks

Oh and on AXE edit III also ?

Added shortcut for connecting the selected block with all the blocks in the same row (from selected block to first block or from selected block to the last one)

Yes, same feeling when I have to connect blocks.
And worse feeling everytime I move one and it gets disconnected... 🤣
The editors don’t seem to behave consistently either. Grabbing the column handles to move blocks works differently, sometimes the connectors reconnect and sometimes they don’t, and dragging across a parallel flow seems to always break the connectors.

I remember a comment from Fractal about this a couple years ago saying that it’s a difficult algorithm to maintain the connectors, but it’s also a bad UI that breaks user’s work. Lots of programs use connectors between objects and allow editing and do it without breaking the connectors, so this behavior just looks poorly implemented.

Back
Top Bottom