FM3-Edit 1.04.00

I had it too just the windows UAC, no bigie... install it anyways... if you cant trust FAS then you might as well sell you PC!

FM3-Edit 1.04.00 is now available via auto-update or from our website:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/fm3-edit/

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.04.00
May 22, 2021

Current FM3 Firmware Version: 3.02

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 1.00

NEW IN THIS VERSION

PLEASE NOTE:

Starting with firmware 2.00, FM3-Edit 1.02.00 (or greater) is required to communicate with the FM3.
Previous versions of FM3-Edit (versions 1.01.10 or less) will not work with firmware 2.00 or greater.
FM3-Edit 1.02.00 (or greater) will continue to work with all previous firmware versions.

* Support for firmware 4.0 public beta 1
o Updated the AMP block.
o Updated DELAY EQ layout to match REVERB EQ layout.

* Modified the COMPRESSOR layouts for the various compressor types for greater consistency in control placement.

* Modified the Setup and Controllers buttons to toggle their view.

* Modified the block's parameter view to allow disabled controls to be dragged and assigned to a Perform View location.

* Modified the block's parameter view to allow any part of the control to be clicked and dragged to a Perform View location.

* Modified the block's parameter view to allow a control to be changed by holding SHIFT when the Perform View is visible.

* Added Save button to the Preset Leveling Panel.

* Added "Copy to End" to the Scene Mgr's dropdown menu. This will copy the current scene to all of the scenes that follow. For example, selecting "Copy to End" from Scene 3 will copy Scene 3 to Scenes 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.

* Added "Copy >>" and "Copy <<" buttons to the Perform view which copy all the Per-Preset controls to the Global controls and vice-versa.

* Added "Clear Per-Preset" and "Clear Global" buttons to the Perform view which clear all the controls from the Per-Preset or Global section.

* Corrected the placement of the LO FI header in the Drive block's Advanced page.

* Corrected a bug in the Perform View which showed "ghosted" labels from a previous preset where a control does not exist in the current preset.

* Corrected a bug in which the Perform View closed when displaying the Controllers or Setup parameters.

* The frequency graphs in the various blocks now show a frequency cursor when the mouse is moved within the graph.
Thanks!

Thanks for confirming. The easiest thing is to just download the Chrome browswer and use it to grab the file. The problem is the version of the Edge Browser (90.0.818.66). It's strange that it is only this specific file that triggers it.
I did not use Edge, i used Firefox for the download!

I found a few possible bugs:
  • On the amp block, the input dynamics gain meter is stuck at -9.1dB (I thought that the FM3 didn’t have the input dynamics control?)
  • On the amp block, the speaker drive gain meter is stuck at -6dB regardless of how the speaker drive and speaker compression controls are set
  • The bottom of the preset leveling window is truncated:
    View attachment 83628
Same here

Possible bug? Exporting FC layout backups on Mac is no longer putting them in the folder selected. I found it in documents.

When I double-click the drive knob in the preamp page of the cab block to reset to zero there is an insanely loud pop. Can't be good for monitors or ears. This is while looping a bass line to dial in a tone.

Possible bug? Exporting FC layout backups on Mac is no longer putting them in the folder selected. I found it in documents.
I tried with a single and all layouts and I can't duplicate it. The File Save dialog points to my normal folder when it displays.

Editor is great only thing i have noticed was the option to switch
normal / Ultrares. that Leon mentioned other than that smooth
thanks Michael

I have Win10 20H2, get the same warning. Click on see more and you can use the file!
I am having the same error message, but when I click on see more, run anyway is not an option. I am on Windows 10 and McAfree Anti virus. I disabled the firewall but it still prevents me from downloading.

Just in case here's the procedure for keeping the file while using 20H2 and Microsoft Edge Browser from it.
In that error window move your cursor onto the text which will now show a trashcan followed by 3 horizontal dots on (right side). Click on the 3 horizontal dots and choose keep from the pulldown, in that next window click on show more, and finally choose keep anyway. Otherwise, just download the Chrome browser and use it to download this file without any issue.

It appears that the presence control is showing up on the authentic page for amps that don't have a presence control. Maybe it was always there and I never noticed it?

Back
Top Bottom