Axe-Fx III Cygnus Presets - Banks A & B Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Friends, Fans, and Forumites:

We previously shared Axe-Fx III factory presets Bank A reworked for Cygnus 16.01. Thanks for the many compliments, comments, and feedback. Here is an updated version of Bank A, plus a new release of Bank B.

Aside from fixes for any obvious "bugs" you pointed out in Bank A, here are some notes on A:
  • The Input Gate settings are now more consistent across presets.
  • Where multiple cabs are used, they are now aligned.
  • The Friedman BE and HBE have been divided into two separate presets containing all twelve types.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...Fx-III-Factory-Presets-Banks-A-B-Preview2.zip

Note that some people said they need to right click this type of link and choose "save file as"

Enjoy and stand by for Bank C.

(EDIT: I fixed a few of the straggler "silent scenes" and replaced the above file with one of the same name at ~10:30 PM EST.)

Last edited by a moderator:
NOTES: Bank B contains a lot of exotic, over-the-top effect demo presets. I worked to add improvements and enhancements to these that I hope will make them even more playable and enjoyable for you. In fact many of these presets had not been edited for a LONG time, so there was an opportunity to showcase the many new features now found on the III.

In many cases, I updated the presets names slightly to highlight noteworthy changes (e.g. "Ballerina III" vs. "Ballet Slippers"). The original versions can sometimes be found amongst the scenes with names like "Classic", or "Original".

In cases where the preset name changed, I tried to use the old preset name as a scene name ("Zamfir" for instance, can now be found playing his pan pipe inside of the "Synth Lineup" preset, together with some new Taurus pedals, a Prog lead, and more).

I did my best to make sure no preset has dead (muted) scenes unless this is intentional and they are aptly named.

Finally, I assume that most people will use PERFORM-GLOBAL for the Amp block, so in many case I changed these to useful effect control knobs instead.

A few of what I felt were clunkers were in fact replaced (I still converted these to Cygnus version first and will make all of the old unedited versions of Bank B available somewhere for you).

Note that you all are getting these before they've had a once-over by the beta team for a level check. I'm sure there will be some simple things to fix and this will be done when I release bank C this week.

ENJOY

Last edited:
I can't seem to get Bank A or Bank B to load into My AF3 Mk2.

Edit2: Disregard! Big dummy here. I didn't close AxeEdit. First try after it was closed, and it worked perfectly!

Last edited by a moderator:
NOTES: Bank B contains a lot of exotic, over-the-top effect demo presets. I worked to add improvements and enhancements to these that I hope will make them even more playable and enjoyable for you. In fact many of these presets had not been edited for a LONG time, so there was an opportunity to showcase the many new features now found on the III.

In many cases, I updated the presets names slightly to highlight noteworthy changes (e.g. "Ballerina III" vs. "Ballet Slippers"). The original versions can sometimes be found amongst the scenes with names like "Classic", or "Original".

In cases where the preset name changed, I tried to use the old preset name as a scene name ("Zamfir" for instance, can now be found playing his pan pipe inside of the "Synth Lineup" preset, together with some new Taurus pedals, a Prog lead, and more).

I did my best to make sure no preset has dead (muted) scenes unless this is intentional and they are aptly named.

Finally, I assume that most people will use PERFORM-GLOBAL for the Amp block, so I added loads of useful effect control knobs instead.

A few of what I felt were clunkers were in fact replaced (I still converted these to Cygnus version first and will make all of the old unedited versions of Bank B available somewhere for you).

ENJOY!
I am just in awe! From what I read on these boards, you have a lot of long-time FAS users here who continue to be impressed and inspired by the work you do. But for a guy like me, moving from rack pre & pwr amps, straight into this top-of-the-line, state-of-the-art, multi-effects & amp modelling world, with his 1st unit being the Axe Fx III Mk II, I am completely blown away!

I've been waiting until the factory presets were updated to switch my FW to Cygnus, but I just got back from a mini vacation, and it's late, and I couldn't take my AF3 with me, so I'm jonesing to play a little before I have to hit the sack. But I am SO looking forward to doing all my updating this coming week!!!

I can't seem to get Bank A or Bank B to load into My AF3 Mk2.

Edit2: Disregard! Big dummy here. I didn't close AxeEdit. First try after it was closed, and it worked perfectly!
You don't need to close Axe-Edit, just use the built-in Fractal-Bot under the Tools menu.

In fact many of these presets had not been edited for a LONG time, so there was an opportunity to showcase the many new features now found on the III.
Any examples of where you did this? Sounds awesome. I haven't used the factory presets in a while so now I have a reason to go back to them.

Sincerest thanks for all of this hard work!

So, if one updated to Cygnus 16.01, does one also have to install these banks as well or is it automatically updated?

You don't need to close Axe-Edit, just use the built-in Fractal-Bot under the Tools menu.
Interesting, I thought Cliff mentioned closing AE the other day when using FractalBot. Either way, as soon as I closed AE, I was able to load the new preset Banks with no further failures.

Sincerest thanks for all of this hard work!

So, if one updated to Cygnus 16.01, does one also have to install these banks as well or is it automatically updated?
The firmware & factory presets are 2 separate things so if you want the latest factory presets, you need to install the banks.

Any examples of where you did this?

132: Ambience@21 The "new" flanger shines here in Scene 4. (See what I mean about it having been awhile? That was new in FW 12!)

182: Using dual source modifiers allows what was once 1/8 Filter Trem to become a whole range of cool touch-sensitive filter LFO tones.

185: What was once just "Bohemian Rhapsody" now includes two different Brian-inspired Quad Diatonic harmony scenes.

190 Ric-O-Twelve would be one of many that use the new Virtual Capo.

You'll also find some presets use Scene Controllers for morphing instead of hard switching.

Etc. etc. etc.

Last edited:
I just got through a full pass of Bank B and I cannot fathom how long it took you to do this @Admin M@ ! Just about every preset in Bank B has been revisited and reworked. Things sound fantastic! Even the really out there stuff, I can find something musical to do with the sounds now.

Some highlights:
  • The Harmonoflange scene on Ambience@21 is ridiculously good and fun to play
  • That Insane 8va scene on Stereo Death Fuzz is insane in the most beautiful way
  • Diatonic Chimes! Oh my!
  • Brian Might might just be mighty inspiring
  • Gated Reverb is an education in how to craft an advanced sound in this magic box
  • And I just about lost my entire evening to Disco Clean -- I could live on that preset for an entire evening of looped, funky fun at home

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom