Thanks for not profiling !!

Rafa Diaz

Experienced
Hey guys seen this and found interesting ...

Around mom 7 that guy captures a pedal, in theory is setting up your settings, the device does its magic and... sounds totally different!! I stopped watching around min 8 where the guy is still cutting and playing around controls and still sounds a conplitely different pedal...

With my fractal devices with the drives (example) nicely set by Cliff and his team I just have to play around the knobs as in the real pedal and I find the tone way easier, simpler and getting closer.

In the past someone was asking if it’s time for fractal to profile - I think this shows ain’t any need of profiling whilst we have the amazing development of FAS

Thanks

There are plenty of people out there who have legit needs for both, modeling and capturing. The world's too big to put a foot down and say "No one needs this.", especially in the music world.

I've never done the capture/profile thing but it's a really interesting take on guitar tones and achieving them. I've heard plenty of killer results from it and anything that helps deliver awesome tones is cool in my book.

If I had the option to make captures/profiles/Fracturefiles, I totally would. Some of my buddies have some amazing amps and I'd love to take a snapshot of them. The more the merrier. If Cliff did it, I'd have no doubt he'd drop all the modeled tonestacks in it so you can actually adjust the legit tone controls of the amps you're capturing, which is where I think Kemper/NDSP fall short on.

Really, if Cliff wanted to pursue it, Fractal potentially has what would be a legit, be all end all modeling/capture unit. They don't half-ass anything and everything that other companies have fallen short on would be present in spades with Fractal's take on it.

They’ll do software updates to improve the capture. A lot of it has to do with the volume you capture at. The QC does not sound good right now though. It’s not an impressive device at this point. The hype died pretty quickly and they’re not updating with new effects and amps very quickly. I’m guessing it almost bankrupted them and then they got funding to get it out the door.

They’ll do software updates to improve the capture. A lot of it has to do with the volume you capture at. The QC does not sound good right now though. It’s not an impressive device at this point. The hype died pretty quickly and they’re not updating with new effects and amps very quickly. I’m guessing it almost bankrupted them and then they got funding to get it out the door.

cool story bro...

Imo plug and play maximizing simplicity is critical so we can spend our time playing guitar and not touching buttons!

At this point the only reason I want profiling is because I’d really love to have a Fryette Ultralead sound. And it hasn’t been modeled by Fractal, and who knows if it ever will be.

At this point the only reason I want profiling is because I’d really love to have a Fryette Ultralead sound. And it hasn’t been modeled by Fractal, and who knows if it ever will be.
+1 The Pittbull Ultralead and/or CLX are about the only amp models left that I’d like to see added. Well, that and maybe a Wizard MC II. They have their own thing going on that I just haven’t been able to recreate with other models.

That first post is unreal .
i really want to see your face if they include profiling in the axe one day 🤣.
Doing profiles is super fun . Just the kemper add a little fuzzy thing and everything sound like a kemper then… If fractal can do the same without this synthetic sound … sure I want this option in the axe . Then the quad is a new product, not a reference yet , maybe not perfect but … they sell a bunch a products, meshuggah are actually recording an album with it , emperor is doing rehearsal with it …. For a new company it’s already good . I don’t like the sound so I am not interested

Imo plug and play maximizing simplicity is critical so we can spend our time playing guitar and not touching buttons!
And what do you use with that in mind?
Because I bought the axe3 for the versatility in the buttons and maximizing creativity from options.

+1 The Pittbull Ultralead and/or CLX are about the only amp models left that I’d like to see added. Well, that and maybe a Wizard MC II. They have their own thing going on that I just haven’t been able to recreate with other models.

I’d actually like the CLX even more! That’s my all-time favorite high-gain amp. I just didn’t mention it because most people seem to know the Ultralead a lot more. Wish I still had my CLX.

I own a Quad Cortex and it can pretty much nail the tones from my Bogner using the QC capture feature. The only issue I had was that I needed to reduce gain by 6-10 dB to get the capture to behave like the real amp. I will have to try capturing again to see if it's an issue with my input or output settings.

The QC at the moment can capture amps, cabs (if you mic it) and overdrive/distortion pedals but it can't do fuzz pedals convincingly. NeuralDSP have said as much themselves but they are trying to make it work for those too.

I am super impressed by the capture feature. IMO it's a nice tool to have in the box to be able to get the tone of your specific amp and carry it around with a lot less weight than a full on tube head. The built in amp models sound just as good as the captures btw.

"QC does not sound good" is pretty far off the mark based on my experiences. Sure, there's a lot of features it does not have but I have really enjoyed using it and felt that I have gotten tones I like faster than I have on the FM3. When you find yourself just playing and playing you know you have something that works for you.

I own a Quad Cortex and it can pretty much nail the tones from my Bogner using the QC capture feature. The only issue I had was that I needed to reduce gain by 6-10 dB to get the capture to behave like the real amp. I will have to try capturing again to see if it's an issue with my input or output settings.

The QC at the moment can capture amps, cabs (if you mic it) and overdrive/distortion pedals but it can't do fuzz pedals convincingly. NeuralDSP have said as much themselves but they are trying to make it work for those too.

I am super impressed by the capture feature. IMO it's a nice tool to have in the box to be able to get the tone of your specific amp and carry it around with a lot less weight than a full on tube head. The built in amp models sound just as good as the captures btw.

"QC does not sound good" is pretty far off the mark based on my experiences. Sure, there's a lot of features it does not have but I have really enjoyed using it and felt that I have gotten tones I like faster than I have on the FM3. When you find yourself just playing and playing you know you have something that works for you.
Have you owned a Kemper? Curious how you feel about the QC vs. Kemper (yes, there are plenty of youtube vids on the topic, but would like to hear from someone who is also a Fractal owner).

Off topic question - do you need a DI/Load Box to capture an amp? (like the Kemper) I have the Kemper DI box (but sold my Kemper), just wondering if I should keep my DI Box in case I run into a QC at some point (while I'm waiting for Cliff to surprise us with a FM8 or something).

THAT SAID

...we do have the Tone Match (TMA) block....

I'mma just leave that sitting right there.

dd0.jpg

Have you owned a Kemper? Curious how you feel about the QC vs. Kemper (yes, there are plenty of youtube vids on the topic, but would like to hear from someone who is also a Fractal owner).

Off topic question - do you need a DI/Load Box to capture an amp? (like the Kemper) I have the Kemper DI box (but sold my Kemper), just wondering if I should keep my DI Box in case I run into a QC at some point (while I'm waiting for Cliff to surprise us with a FM8 or something).
I have not, only tried one years ago. Liked my Axe-Fx 2 better then!

For capturing you can use either a loadbox or mic a cab. Obviously you get the cab sound baked in if you use a mic. I use a Bluetone Loadbox and run its lineout to the QC.

Back
Top Bottom