Axe-Fx III Cygnus Factory Presets - Bank A Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a return to defaults setting? Reset?
Are you placing the delay block in front of the amp? In that case the signal will be summed to mono and the delay phase-cancelled (unless you edit the delay Phase Reverse setting to Both or None).

Just awesome work FAS. Loaded the newest presets on top of 16.01 and just couldn’t stop. Volume kept inching up on a beautiful summer evening. 🙌

I am playing out of four 4x12 Mesa recto cabs in a fully acoustically treated studio with a simul class 2:90 power amp. For the most part the patches sound incredible but others sound like a towel is over them. Can someone please give me some tips to remove that feeling as most other patches do not do that.

Yes I play with cab sims and power amp modeling on as I just prefer them despite having my own going at the same time.

Thank you Fractal team for making the best rig on the planet! Bravo!

Last edited:
I am playing out of four 4x12 Mesa recto cabs in a fully acoustically treated studio with a simul class 2:90 power amp. For the most part the patches sound incredible but others sound like a towel is over them. Can someone please give me some tips to remove that feeling as most other patches do not do that.

Yes I play with cab sims and power amp modeling on as I just prefer them despite having my own going at the same time.

Thank you Fractal team for making the best rig on the planer! Bravo!
Problem is that you've nuked your hearing with that rig!

I am probably in the minority about Cygnus and the new presets. The Low gain amps (Fender) sound good.
Marshall variants decent.
Mid gain (Dumble ,Vox, etc) sound kind of synthetic.
Like Line 6 stuff.
The new presets are really kind of gainy and nondescrpt and similar overall. Previous FW had very distinct amp signatures.
The Two Rock 35 especially sounds very different in not a good way. Used to have a great Mesa Mark I/ Dumble thick tone.
Now it is just a bad Marshall.

Will try some Austin Buddy presets.

Last edited:
It's clear from your first paragraph that you don't prefer it that way in all cases. ;)
LOL I did try turning them off for the presets that had that "towel over" sound and it helped but they came out too trebly. I ran out of time to dial in from there but will go further tomorrow with that. However other suggestions would be much appreciated too.

LOL I did try turning them off for the presets that had that "towel over" sound and it helped but they came out too trebly. I ran out of time to dial in from there but will go further tomorrow with that. However other suggestions would be much appreciated too.
I get it. Truth is, if you've been dialing in your tones for a Cab block plus a real cab, you've been dialing in too much treble all along. That's the only way to defeat the double-cab "blanket."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom